Author Topic: YESSSSSSSSSSSS!  (Read 1470 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ColtonWillems

  • Posts: 1125
  • "You have no integrity"
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Topic Start: January 16, 2007, 02:21:55 PM »
I PASSED MY ROAD TEST TODAY YEAH YEAH YEAH! First time to, go me lol. Sorry I made a pointless thread on this.

Offline The Chief

  • Posts: 30003
    • http://www.wnff.net
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #1: January 16, 2007, 02:45:55 PM »
Quick, everybody get off the road! :lol:

Congrats man ;)

Offline Senators2005

  • Lake Ridge, VA
  • Posts: 12261
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #2: January 16, 2007, 02:48:10 PM »
Hope you don't drive anything like you skate.   :P

Offline tomterp

  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Posts: 27620
  • Hell yes!
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #3: January 16, 2007, 02:49:52 PM »
Prepare for Colten's first road trip to RFK's hallowed lot 8.


Offline nats2playoffs

  • Posts: 17734
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #4: January 16, 2007, 03:54:47 PM »
Quote from: "tomterp"
Prepare for Colten's first road trip to RFK's hallowed lot 8.

Coming from Long Island, he'll never make it past the cops in New Jersey...

Offline Dave B

  • Posts: 5950
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #5: January 16, 2007, 03:58:01 PM »
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
Quote from: "tomterp"
Prepare for Colten's first road trip to RFK's hallowed lot 8.

Coming from Long Island, he'll never make it past the cops in New Jersey...
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)


I think it is the maryland cops you have to watch for.  They have some sneaky unmarked cars.  Everyone else has poorly disguised Corwn Victorias.  MD has unmarked mustangs and well disguised Crown Victorias

Offline 2k6nats

  • Posts: 9238
  • Are we having fun yet?
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #6: January 16, 2007, 03:59:17 PM »
Nice  :)

Online shoeshineboy

  • Posts: 7334
  • Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #7: January 16, 2007, 04:00:17 PM »
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
[Coming from Long Island, he'll never make it past the cops in New Jersey...
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)


Man, there's a smiley face for everything. Love that donut-eating cop.

Offline The Chief

  • Posts: 30003
    • http://www.wnff.net
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #8: January 16, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »
Quote from: "Dave B"
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
Quote from: "tomterp"
Prepare for Colten's first road trip to RFK's hallowed lot 8.

Coming from Long Island, he'll never make it past the cops in New Jersey...
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)


I think it is the maryland cops you have to watch for.  They have some sneaky unmarked cars.  Everyone else has poorly disguised Corwn Victorias.  MD has unmarked mustangs and well disguised Crown Victorias


Actually I've heard Delaware cops are the worst...  apparently they take any amount of speeding extremely seriously in Delaware.

Offline Dave B

  • Posts: 5950
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #9: January 16, 2007, 04:30:06 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
Quote from: "Dave B"
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
Quote from: "tomterp"
Prepare for Colten's first road trip to RFK's hallowed lot 8.

Coming from Long Island, he'll never make it past the cops in New Jersey...
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)


I think it is the maryland cops you have to watch for.  They have some sneaky unmarked cars.  Everyone else has poorly disguised Corwn Victorias.  MD has unmarked mustangs and well disguised Crown Victorias


Actually I've heard Delaware cops are the worst...  apparently they take any amount of speeding extremely seriously in Delaware.


It wouldnt surprise me, because Delware uses I-95 to mooch off the passers through.  They intentionally cause traffic to entice you to stop at their rest stop (might not be true, but works well in my rant)

That 10 mile stretch of Delware is the bane of my existence.  It is always backed up and they feel the need to have a 55mph speed limit.  F-them.  I've recently found a way around most of the traffic there and I dont have to pay the tolls.  So I benefit myself and screw them (marginally).  I will never buy gas or anything else there, except I did buy dunkin donuts while avoiding the traffic. I couldnt resist.

Offline Senators2005

  • Lake Ridge, VA
  • Posts: 12261
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #10: January 16, 2007, 04:43:54 PM »
Pennsylvania Troopers on the PA Turnpike are infamous.

Offline ColtonWillems

  • Posts: 1125
  • "You have no integrity"
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #11: January 16, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
Thanks thanks. I'll keep my eye out for those unmarked coppers.

Offline AuRevoirExpos

  • Posts: 269
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #12: January 16, 2007, 05:26:53 PM »
Congrats Colton - passing your test is a great feeling. From what the other guys are saying though it looks like I'm the only one at a safe distance once you go out on your own!

Do you have 'speed cameras' in the USA btw, or would the infamous US highway police object to their introduction on the grounds that it would deny them the opportunity to confront and beat up their usual annual quota of motorists?

In the UK the government has literally saturated the roads with 'speed cameras' - tens of thousands of them - and consequently they have withdrawn thousands of police from traffic patrols, presumably to transfer them to the fight against drugs and other stuff.

On many main roads there's a speed camera every mile. I've been fined twice via a speed camera, ?60 on each occasion (around $100 I guess). On both occasions I was doing 33mph in a 30mph limit area, hardly Michael Schumacher territory, and I got my licence endorsed with 3 penalty points each time. You're allowed only 12 penalty points in any 5 year period, then if you go above that you lose your licence for 12 months, so I'm not taking any chances and now I drive like a 98 year old in a golf buggy.

Offline Dave B

  • Posts: 5950
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #13: January 16, 2007, 05:50:54 PM »
I think we have them in limited use around here.  Hopefully the police unions or whoever are against them keep up the fight. I got caught once by one but it wasnt any points.

Offline kimnat

  • Posts: 7023
  • Special Event Co-Chair w/ Erica!
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #14: January 16, 2007, 06:09:39 PM »
YEAHHHH!!  I remember when I got mine.  So exciting!

Offline bob2274

  • Posts: 188
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #15: January 16, 2007, 07:31:56 PM »
I can say that in Virginia, we don't have speed cameras. I heard that there were a few red light cams in Northern Virginia, but they only count like a parking ticket. You can't get points on your license here unless it's proven that you were driving.
There are no Police Unions in Va either. Government employees have no right to collective bargaining, so there aren't any "union thugs" leaning on legislators to oppose cameras.
There are no "quotas" for tickets written, but just like any other job, cops are expected to "work" while at work.

I'll bet you'd never guess what my job is....

Offline 2k6nats

  • Posts: 9238
  • Are we having fun yet?
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #16: January 16, 2007, 08:08:52 PM »
Quote from: "bob2274"
I'll bet you'd never guess what my job is....
(Image removed from quote.)


 :lol:

You serious?

Offline Kenz aFan

  • Posts: 5433
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #17: January 16, 2007, 08:37:33 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
Quick, everybody get off the road! :lol:

Congrats man ;)

I think I'm safe, being some 800 miles away and all...

Offline ColtonWillems

  • Posts: 1125
  • "You have no integrity"
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #18: January 16, 2007, 10:14:48 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Quote from: "The Chief"
Quick, everybody get off the road! :lol:

Congrats man ;)

I think I'm safe, being some 800 miles away and all...


or are you  8)  :wink:

Offline bob2274

  • Posts: 188
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #19: January 16, 2007, 11:14:42 PM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"
You serious?


You must think all cops only go to the gym and sit around with other cops that have flat tops and mustaches. Well, for the most part, you're correct. When most people see me, they never have a clue. Wow...nobody here has even seen me (I would assume), and you guys would have never even guessed!

  :clap:

btw CW- Be careful of the crazy NY drivers. I've been to LI, and it's probably only second to Montr?al in places where people are insane once they get behind the wheel. Cops are probably the last thing you need to be mindful of.

Offline nats2playoffs

  • Posts: 17734
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #20: January 17, 2007, 12:03:26 AM »
Quote from: "bob2274"
...Cops are probably the last thing you need to be mindful of.

There's a reason why car insurance rates are dramatically higher for males aged 16 to 26.  Decades of experience with accidents keep them that way.  You're on the road with more experienced drivers, who drive too fast and take too many chances, and pressure you to do the same.  Drunks, women with PMS or menopause are on the road too.  A lot of states are now prohibiting teenage drivers from driving with other teens in the car, to help them concentrate.  So stay alive - we need more Nationals fans in New York.

One of the coolest things I saw in Woodbridge VA years ago was a newly opened donut shop, with a drive-thru, two blocks away from a police substation...

Offline expos96

  • Posts: 1717
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #21: January 17, 2007, 11:50:54 AM »
Quote from: "AuRevoirExpos"
Congrats Colton - passing your test is a great feeling. From what the other guys are saying though it looks like I'm the only one at a safe distance once you go out on your own!

It seems I'm even further away ;-)

Quote from: "AuRevoirExpos"

In the UK the government has literally saturated the roads with 'speed cameras' - tens of thousands of them - and consequently they have withdrawn thousands of police from traffic patrols, presumably to transfer them to the fight against drugs and other stuff.

On many main roads there's a speed camera every mile. I've been fined twice via a speed camera, ?60 on each occasion (around $100 I guess). On both occasions I was doing 33mph in a 30mph limit area, hardly Michael Schumacher territory, and I got my licence endorsed with 3 penalty points each time. You're allowed only 12 penalty points in any 5 year period, then if you go above that you lose your licence for 12 months, so I'm not taking any chances and now I drive like a 98 year old in a golf buggy.


And we thought we had a lot of automated cameras here.
It's not like every 2 kilometer or so, but there are a lot here also.
And like England: 80% of the fines are for speeding less than 5 kilometers.
This cost likt 30 euro's (a lot less expensive than England).
The more kilometers speeding, the higher the ticket (you receive like 2-8 weeks later).
We only get bonus points on your license for speeding more than 30 kilometers.

But Colton congratulations and many happy driving miles.

Offline ColtonWillems

  • Posts: 1125
  • "You have no integrity"
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #22: January 17, 2007, 09:14:50 PM »
Quote from: "bob2274"
Quote from: "2k6nats"
You serious?


You must think all cops only go to the gym and sit around with other cops that have flat tops and mustaches. Well, for the most part, you're correct. When most people see me, they never have a clue. Wow...nobody here has even seen me (I would assume), and you guys would have never even guessed!

  :clap:

btw CW- Be careful of the crazy NY drivers. I've been to LI, and it's probably only second to Montr?al in places where people are insane once they get behind the wheel. Cops are probably the last thing you need to be mindful of.


I think New Jersey is probably worse. Long Island (especially where I am) isn't really that bad as far as I can tell. But thanks for the heads up  :D

Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
There's a reason why car insurance rates are dramatically higher for males aged 16 to 26. Decades of experience with accidents keep them that way. You're on the road with more experienced drivers, who drive too fast and take too many chances, and pressure you to do the same. Drunks, women with PMS or menopause are on the road too. A lot of states are now prohibiting teenage drivers from driving with other teens in the car, to help them concentrate. So stay alive - we need more Nationals fans in New York.

 
LOL Thanks. Hopefully I will. I mean, I only passed my road test so all I can do on my own is drive to work, I need to wait til my bday to have full driving privileges (June 8th) Plus if I get a single moving violation or anything of that sort in the next 6 months, my lisence gets taken away for 60 days! So I'm going to be extra extra careful.

Offline UMDNats

  • Posts: 11602
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #23: January 17, 2007, 09:30:43 PM »
congrats man, I get my license by the end of May at the latest, in my few times driving a car, I've been pretty good.

I'm actually really nervous when I drive, just because I'm always worried im gonna get into an accident (i guess the inexperience just gets to me)

Offline ColtonWillems

  • Posts: 1125
  • "You have no integrity"
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!
« Reply #24: January 17, 2007, 10:24:26 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
congrats man, I get my license by the end of May at the latest, in my few times driving a car, I've been pretty good.

I'm actually really nervous when I drive, just because I'm always worried im gonna get into an accident (i guess the inexperience just gets to me)


Yeah I had that also, my first few times driving were in an empty parking lot getting used to the car and all that stuff. It really helped.