Author Topic: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3  (Read 3161 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline hammondsnats

  • Posts: 37348
  • LAC 8)
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #400: August 28, 2011, 05:02:59 PM »
Tough loss.

Offline spidernat

  • Posts: 54493
  • The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #401: August 28, 2011, 05:03:14 PM »
Sitting through a Nats game is like reading the last chapter of a book and then reading the whole thing through from chapter one.

Offline welch

  • Posts: 8517
  • Myer and Travis and Rice, and Bucky to manage...
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #402: August 28, 2011, 05:03:15 PM »
not his fault

Went down for a bad pitch.

Offline TylerDC

  • Posts: 5960
  • The Future.
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #403: August 28, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »
Hard not to same game after seeing HRod.

Offline PatsNats28

  • Posts: 8456
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #404: August 28, 2011, 05:04:05 PM »
This is a bad situation for HRod because there's a 20% chance he's fantastic, but we just need him to be serviceable... but the other 80%, he implodes.

Offline hammondsnats

  • Posts: 37348
  • LAC 8)
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #405: August 28, 2011, 05:05:03 PM »
Sitting through a Nats game is like reading the last chapter of a book and then reading the whole thing through from chapter one.

You're watching :shock:

I kid I kid.

Offline welch

  • Posts: 8517
  • Myer and Travis and Rice, and Bucky to manage...
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #406: August 28, 2011, 05:05:11 PM »
It feels like time to dig out my old tape of SB 22. Love that 2Q.

Offline hammondsnats

  • Posts: 37348
  • LAC 8)
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #407: August 28, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »
I really want this one.

Offline cmdterps44

  • Posts: 15536
  • Future
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #408: August 28, 2011, 05:06:12 PM »
Madden 12 comes out in 3 days... yay

I really want to play some CS:S or SC2.

Offline Kevrock

  • Posts: 11311
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #409: August 28, 2011, 05:06:26 PM »
Went down for a bad pitch.

Better a defensive approach with two strikes than the look at strike 3 approach we've suffered through all game and all season really.

He roped that pitch, crappy luck.

Offline cmdterps44

  • Posts: 15536
  • Future
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #410: August 28, 2011, 05:08:05 PM »
Desmond had a good at bat there. Just unlucky it was directed straight to Edgar. It sucks knowing our luck though.

Offline Mr Clean

  • Posts: 1969
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #411: August 28, 2011, 05:08:11 PM »
Runs are like kryptonite to this team.

Offline welch

  • Posts: 8517
  • Myer and Travis and Rice, and Bucky to manage...
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #412: August 28, 2011, 05:09:32 PM »
Better a defensive approach with two strikes than the look at strike 3 approach we've suffered through all game and all season really.

He roped that pitch, crappy luck.

ok...looked like weak contact, but he did make contact.

Note that Reds announcers say, "If the Nats could get this young Mr Rodriquez to throw strikes, they would have a great bullpen!"

As Yankee fans used to say, "If they could just get Ron Blomberg to hit..."

Offline PatsNats28

  • Posts: 8456
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #413: August 28, 2011, 05:09:45 PM »
That was low...

Offline spidernat

  • Posts: 54493
  • The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline welch

  • Posts: 8517
  • Myer and Travis and Rice, and Bucky to manage...
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #415: August 28, 2011, 05:12:01 PM »
Stubbs 1 round draft choice in 2006. Maybe the Nats could trade Detwiler for him? (joke!!!)

Offline spidernat

  • Posts: 54493
  • The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #416: August 28, 2011, 05:12:20 PM »
Just get the freaking batter out!

Offline Kevrock

  • Posts: 11311
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #417: August 28, 2011, 05:13:04 PM »
Yeah, why pitch out. H-Rod needs every chance he can get to throw a strike.

Offline TylerDC

  • Posts: 5960
  • The Future.
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #418: August 28, 2011, 05:13:35 PM »
Rodriguez is terrible. Completely unreliable.

Offline PatsNats28

  • Posts: 8456
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #419: August 28, 2011, 05:14:03 PM »
Yeah, why pitch out. H-Rod needs every chance he can get to throw a strike.

This. I can't believe how little control he has.

Offline Kevrock

  • Posts: 11311
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #420: August 28, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »
Note that Reds announcers say, "If the Nats could get this young Mr Rodriquez to throw strikes, they would have a great bullpen!"

We'd also have a good bullpen if our best new arms stopped getting injured. Storen/Clippard/Mattheus/Kimball is scary good.

Offline welch

  • Posts: 8517
  • Myer and Travis and Rice, and Bucky to manage...
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #421: August 28, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »
OK...HRod and Cora...trade for anybody?

Offline sportsfan882

  • Posts: 86600
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #422: August 28, 2011, 05:15:02 PM »
The Nats should have won this game 5 times by now. jerks

Offline spidernat

  • Posts: 54493
  • The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #423: August 28, 2011, 05:15:31 PM »
Renteria could bunt his way on right now with how deep the infield is playing.

Offline TylerDC

  • Posts: 5960
  • The Future.
Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 3
« Reply #424: August 28, 2011, 05:16:08 PM »
Is he trying to bounce it or something?