Author Topic: The Astros  (Read 1051 times)

Offline rileyn

The Astros
« Topic Start: July 24, 2005, 08:59:46 PM »
Let me say this about the Astros.  As much as it pained me to lose 3 of 4 from them, they play the game the right way.  They don't showboat one bit.  When they hit home runs they put their heads down and get around bases.  When they make good plays, they don't make big deals out of it.  I have alot of respect for them.

This contradicts sharply with what I saw from the Brewers a week ago.  I was stunned by all of the schuking and jiving that those guys did.  Not to mention nagging about every strike called on them (even the rookie, Weeks, was very demonstrative).

Did anybody else notice this?

Offline rileyn

The Astros
« Reply #1: July 24, 2005, 09:00:30 PM »
Is anybody out there?  Does anybody read this section?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
The Astros
« Reply #2: July 24, 2005, 09:02:19 PM »
LOL I just hit "read posts since your last visit" whenever I come to the board and view them all ;)

I didn't get to see most of the Milwaukee games on TV so I can't comment on that, but I agree that Houston seemed to play with class.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Re: The Astros
« Reply #3: July 24, 2005, 09:25:21 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
When they hit home runs they put their heads down and get around bases.  When they make good plays, they don't make big deals out of it.  I have alot of respect for them.

I'm not sure it was out of respect, it may have been more out of fear of over reacting. Since we've only seen them in one environment (at RFK), we don't know whether or not they are pompous asses at home. I'll hold off giving them too much praise.