Destin Hood
Alex Meyer
Chris Marrero
Brad Pea****
Brian Goodwin
Tom Milone
Steve Lombardozi
Other (Explain)

Author Topic: WNFF Top 30 Prospect List: #4 Prospect  (Read 578 times)

Offline GMUTrkstar

Re: WNFF Top 30 Prospect List: #4 Prospect
« Topic Start: August 15, 2011, 01:16:30 PM »
Im actually surprised Pea**** hasn't made it a closer race. IMO, the top 5, no matter how you rank them is Harper, Rendon, Purke, Cole, and Pea****.
There's a lot more talent but guys like Hood, Meyer, and Norris IMO have bigger pressing questions or haven't proven enough at a high enough level to push any of those guys down.

In total agreement with you here(crossing my fingers for Purke to sign). Hood to me is not top 5 because he hasn't proven he can perform in AA plus he's projecting to be a corner OF bat right now and most likely will play left field, not a premium position. Meyer(might have the highest upside of any pitcher in our organization but hasn't thrown a pro pitch and is inconsistent so I can not put him ahead of a guy who has proven himself in AA). Norris didn't have the breakout season many were expecting, Pea**** has had the breakout season. Pea**** was number 42 on BA's midseason top 50(http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/2011/07/midseason-top-50-prospects-list/) there's no way he's not one of our top 5 prospects.