Author Topic: Borders going out of business  (Read 1556 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Re: Borders going out of business
« Topic Start: July 26, 2011, 12:55:20 PM »
ANOTHER WHEEL OF TIME FAN ON WNFF!!

You're the first other of our kind I've found.

For a while it took so damn long for the books to come out that it would be easy to see why people would fall away. I'm really interested in seeing how Sanderson ties up all the disparate storylines. It seems like it's so sprawling that trying to wind it up in one more book will still be difficult.

The other thing I'm wondering is what the point is of some of the parts of the world from the Big White Book that aren't directly addressed in the story (the Land of Madmen and Shara being the two that most readily come to mind). Jordan said before he died that the lone scene that already occurred in Seanchan in Fires of Heaven where Rand slept with Aviendha is going to be the only scene on that continent, and that's a bit of a disappointment to me since he went to to the trouble to establish this big elaborate society.

In the meantime, I just downloaded the first of George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire books to my Kindle. I've heard of them but have never read any of them. Several people recommended them, so that's next in my queue. Earlier this year I discovered Patrick Rothfuss, author of the Kingkiller Chronicle series. Only the first two books have been published. I read them both on the Kindle and really enjoyed them. I highly recommend them if you like Jordan or Sanderson or Terry Goodkind.