Author Topic: Technicians Stage Walkout Against CSN  (Read 549 times)

Offline bob2274

Technicians Stage Walkout Against CSN
« Topic Start: December 20, 2006, 02:50:05 PM »
Did anyone notice the horrible camera work last night on Comcast SportsNet?

Quotes from www.dcrtv.com -
Freelance broadcast technicians who produce remote events regionally for Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic went on strike Tuesday because they and the company could not agree to multi-year contract.
Unless an agreement is reached before Friday's hockey game, technicians will be manning a picket line outside the Verizon Center. Ironically, the status of a Saturday basketball game set to air on the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network Saturday, but "crewed" by Comcast because of facility contracts, remains in question.

Offline Dave B

Re: Technicians Stage Walkout Against CSN
« Reply #1: December 20, 2006, 03:05:53 PM »
Quote from: "bob2274"
Did anyone notice the horrible camera work last night on Comcast SportsNet?

Quotes from www.dcrtv.com -
Freelance broadcast technicians who produce remote events regionally for Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic went on strike Tuesday because they and the company could not agree to multi-year contract.
Unless an agreement is reached before Friday's hockey game, technicians will be manning a picket line outside the Verizon Center. Ironically, the status of a Saturday basketball game set to air on the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network Saturday, but "crewed" by Comcast because of facility contracts, remains in question.

yes it was terrible.

it  seemed really zoomed out. (i couldnt see the puck at all, but sometimes i cant because the picture is not clear, so i kinda chalked it up to that. but now i'm saying it was really zoomed out. i thought i was crazy) and sometimes crap wasnt even in the picture.

Offline bob2274

Technicians Stage Walkout Against CSN
« Reply #2: December 22, 2006, 09:49:10 PM »
Even though the Caps lost to NJ, it was nice to see the camera crew back tonight.