Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 1  (Read 37962 times)

Offline blue911

Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 1
« Reply #50: July 04, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »
Half our lineup can't go today.  Who is our bench? 

Me & You. I'll hold the beers, you run the ball down.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #51: July 04, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »
I would take Stairs over Desmond right now.

at least Desmond can play a premium defensive position

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #52: July 04, 2011, 11:22:01 AM »
I wouldn't skip the game either, but that line-up today sure doesn't get me too hyped up to see the offensive fireworks.

haha bro, even with morse/zimmerman in the line-up there's not much offensive fireworks with this roster.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #53: July 04, 2011, 11:24:17 AM »
haha bro, even with morse/zimmerman in the line-up there's not much offensive fireworks with this roster.

Hammonds - where were you yesterday d00d?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #54: July 04, 2011, 11:25:04 AM »
Hammonds - where were you yesterday d00d?

drinking poison kool-aid, somehow i managed to survive

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #55: July 04, 2011, 11:25:10 AM »

Juggernots.  Didn't Boz just write that Davey was inspiring these guys to play better or some such crap?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #56: July 04, 2011, 11:27:49 AM »

With Zimmermann pitching we hopefully won't be pinch hitting for the pitcher's spot too often this afternoon, bus just in case I'd hope that Livan and Marquis are in the batting case right now.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #57: July 04, 2011, 11:28:01 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
1- Fukudome RF,
2- Barney 2B,
3- Castro SS,
4- Ramirez 3B,
5- Pena 1B,
6- Byrd CF,
7- Soriano LF,
8- Soto C,
9- Coleman P

1- Bernadina CF,
2- Cora 3B,
3- Espinosa 2B,
4- Nix LF,
5- Werth RF,
6- Stairs 1B,
7- Rodriguez C,
8- Desmond SS,
9- Zimmermann P

Moving Werth and Stairs down gives us hope that DaveyJohnson is not Joe Gibbs II.

"Ryan Dempster will not make his start [today],” Quade said. “He’s been under the weather. He’s got a little hip and back issue. We expect him to pitch on this trip, but we are going to back him off.” Dempster, who has also been dealing with a gastrointestinal disorder for several days, spent the night in the hospital on Saturday and received IV help, as well as tests to determine the nature of his back pain. Dempster will either pitch later this week or make his next start in Pittsburgh on Saturday.

This is a REAL chance for the Nationals to SWEEP ALL 4 GAMES and start a REAL run for the PLAYOFFS. Cubs pitching is horrible! The Nationals have GOT to put runs on the board!

I feel really bad for dumpster - stomach problems when your back hurts just amplify off of the back pain and vice versa.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #58: July 04, 2011, 11:28:06 AM »
and who gives a crap about going out to seeing certain players.  if you're a fan of the team you go no matter what.
Lots of people do.  Especially on days like the 4th of July.  It's the games like tomorrow or last weekend vs. the Pirates, when it's not a marquee matchup or popular thing to do like it is today.  You'll have a lot of people there today that go to one or two games a year and part of the reason they do is to see guys like Zim play.  It's those of us on here that go because they're fans of the team regardless of who buttons up the jersey on any given day.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #59: July 04, 2011, 11:29:41 AM »
Lots of people do.  Especially on days like the 4th of July.  It's the games like tomorrow or last weekend vs. the Pirates, when it's not a marquee matchup or popular thing to do like it is today.  You'll have a lot of people there today that go to one or two games a year and part of the reason they do is to see guys like Zim play.  It's those of us on here that go because they're fans of the team regardless of who buttons up the jersey on any given day.

hey i'm going tomorrow!  i'm going to cry if zimmerman/morse aren't in the line-up!

dude they are resting to injury, i'd rather have them sit and rest because of that rather than just getting an off day.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #60: July 04, 2011, 11:31:47 AM »
I know they are.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #61: July 04, 2011, 11:31:51 AM »
Bunch of vets. Still look at their starter today. He really sucks.

And we have our ace on the mound at home.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #62: July 04, 2011, 11:31:59 AM »
Quote from: Washington Times
Manager Davey Johnson excluded third baseman Ryan Zimmerman from Monday's lineup after Zimmerman told him Sunday that he's experiencing tenderness where he had abdominal surgery two months ago.

"I sat him immediately," Johnson said. "I'm not taking a chance with him."

Johnson told reporters after Sunday's 10-2 loss to Pittsburgh that he wanted to give Zimmerman a day off. Zimmerman had surgery on May 3 to repair a torn abdominal muscle and missed 58 games. He had been in the lineup for all 19 games since he returned from the disabled list on June 14.

Zimmerman did not reveal that he is experiencing discomfort when he spoke to a reporter after Sunday's game about the possibility of taking a day off.

"I feel good," he said. "Coming back you’ve got to be a little cautious, but I’m ready to go out there every day. But if Davey and the guys think it’s necessary and fit, for them looking out for me, it’s one of those things where it’s tough to take it, but you need it sometimes.

"I’ve told him that if you need me to go, I’m there to go every day. Sometimes those guys know better. It’s hard to get us out of the lineup sometimes. A day here and a day there can do wonders for the long run."

Johnson wondered aloud on Sunday whether he could afford to rest Zimmerman in light of the team's mounting injuries. But right fielder Jayson Werth will bat fifth Monday after leaving Sunday's game in the sixth inning when he was hit by a pitch in the left wrist. Johnson originally expected Werth to miss a day or two.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #63: July 04, 2011, 11:32:06 AM »
hey i'm going tomorrow!  i'm going to cry if zimmerman/morse aren't in the line-up!

Will you be wearing your Brady Anderson jersey?  I'll be there let's meet up beotch.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

« Reply #64: July 04, 2011, 11:44:22 AM »
1- Bernadina CF,
2- Cora 3B,
3- Espinosa 2B,
4- Nix LF,
5- Werth RF,
6- Stairs 1B,
7- Rodriguez C,
8- Desmond SS,
9- Zimmermann P

:spaz: I just threw up a little in my mouth...  what a disaster.

Offline chemist

• Cheering All Zimmermen
« Reply #65: July 04, 2011, 11:47:11 AM »
I miss Jerry Hairston. There, I said it.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #66: July 04, 2011, 12:05:38 PM »
kilgore to the rescue:

Ryan Zimmerman says sitting out is "a precautionary thing" and he's feeling "general soreness." Didn't seem worried at all.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #67: July 04, 2011, 12:09:23 PM »
kilgore to the rescue:

If he's sitting out it's a problem, players will fight through an enormous amount of pain before missing games.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #68: July 04, 2011, 12:09:38 PM »
kilgore to the rescue:

Which means he'll be moved to the 60 day DL on Tuesday.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #69: July 04, 2011, 12:09:58 PM »
If he's sitting out it's a problem, players will fight through an enormous amount of pain before missing games.

Unless they're the mopey face of the franchise.

Offline Fan037

« Reply #70: July 04, 2011, 12:13:37 PM »
So Hairston's out for awhile, Zim doesn't feel 100%, Morse is ailing some, Werth is playing but can't hit, Nix isn't 100%.  Sounds like the team needs the All-Star Break starting now.  None-the-less, Zimmermann is pitching and he's worth watching.  Hopefully the make-shift team gives him some run support.

Offline kirubel94

« Reply #71: July 04, 2011, 12:18:49 PM »
Espinosa, and Shark boy need to do their thing today.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #72: July 04, 2011, 12:19:50 PM »
6-2 nats win today

Offline RL04

« Reply #73: July 04, 2011, 12:28:30 PM »
This is a REAL chance for the Nationals to SWEEP ALL 4 GAMES and start a REAL run for the PLAYOFFS. Cubs pitching is horrible!

But we have a habit of making other team's horrible pitchers look like the second coming Grover Cleaveland Alexander.

Offline RL04

« Reply #74: July 04, 2011, 12:36:29 PM »
Manager Davey Johnson excluded third baseman Ryan Zimmerman from Monday's lineup after Zimmerman told him Sunday that he's experiencing tenderness where he had abdominal surgery two months ago.

FREAK!

Days and days ago I told everyone here that Zimm was hurting.

"No," everyone said, he is rusty from time off.   "No," everyone said, he is learning a new throwing motion.

Oh, when will the world finally realize that I am always right.    ;)   At least that is what I tell my children.