0 (0%)
A stranger who has called into any show Phil Wood hosts, for decades
19 (50%)
Other: (list below)
3 (7.9%)
Someone who likes to hear the sound of his own voice, on the air
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN, & other media  (Read 167982 times)

Offline dcpatti

Offline nfotiu

Re: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN
« Reply #1376: April 07, 2018, 12:07:32 PM »
How's the weather there?  Are they going to get this one in today?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #1377: April 07, 2018, 12:41:03 PM »
How's the weather there?  Are they going to get this one in today?

Yes...0% chance of precipitation...

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #1378: April 21, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »
Look at Phil name dropping “so Larry King came to my wedding...” :lol:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1379: April 21, 2018, 11:24:38 AM »
Look at Phil name dropping “so Larry King came to my wedding...” :lol:

Did he mention he talked to me at the Park?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #1380: April 21, 2018, 11:31:09 AM »
Did he mention he talked to me at the Park?

Haha nope you didn’t make the cut, sorry :lol:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
The mid-atlantic sports report is basically another orioles program. :smh:

Offline mitlen

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste I saw this thread refreshed and I thought I missed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday again.    :phew:

Offline spidernat

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste I saw this thread refreshed and I thought I missed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday again.    :phew:

:crackup:

Offline mitlen

:crackup:

I have watched a bit of that show from time to time.   It is a Baltimore show with a smattering of Nats info.

Offline spidernat

I have watched a bit of that show from time to time.   It is a Baltimore show with a smattering of Nats info.

token Nats

Offline mitlen

token Nats

Very much so.    On occasion, they put Wood at the end of the table and ignore him.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
The mid-atlantic sports report is basically another orioles program. :smh:

MASN is an Orioles-owned network, so this is to be expected. That's why I have never watched MASN (and am proud of this fact) - I couldn't even tell someone what channel number MASN is on.

And MASN's personnel are 100% Orioles-owned shills...except for Phil Wood who was the lone-crusader for baseball in Washington for so many years...and it's for that reason that I've never understood how Angelos/Ripken have continued to tolerate him.

Offline LoveAngelos

That show is only werth(Jayson) seeing because I enjoy watching the Balmorons----Tom Davis being the high priest of Angelos HPOA, as we say in the hate biz-----------grit their teeth when Wood talks about the Nats

Offline mitlen

Been a long time since I watched Nats' Talk.    Now I remember why.

Offline spidernat

So now we know that Martinez' WNFF screen name is Greg_SRT

Offline hotshot

The "hosts" of that Mid-Atlantic Sports report don't even have the broadcasting competence you'd expect to see in a TV market, say, like Lynchburg, VA or Hagerstown, MD. None have any business being in front of the camera, anywhere -- no less in a major market. Embarrassing. Antonen, Wood (the Nats "experts) and Dave Johnson are bores of the worst order -- cliched, nothing new to report/say, ever. I only tune in to view the O's agony.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Phil Wood had triple bypass surgery either yesterday or today. Not a huge fan of his but I hope he has a speedy recovery. He is definitely a wealth of knowledge when it comes to baseball in D.C. 

Offline mitlen

Johnny and Uncle Ray said he was in the hospital but weren't specific.     Hope he heals up and gets well.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Surprisingly good success from what used to be touch and go surgery. If you make the lifestyle changes.

All the best to him.

Phil Wood had triple bypass surgery either yesterday or today. Not a huge fan of his but I hope he has a speedy recovery. He is definitely a wealth of knowledge when it comes to baseball in D.C.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

MASN canceled the show because one of the "talent" became ill. I assume this wasn't Phil. Hope they're OK.

Offline mitlen

I've started listening to Pollin and Loverro on 106.7 on Saturday mornings (9 AM).    Usually cover a lot of baseball.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Mike Wallace spent about three minutes savaging the Nats base running and situational hitting. Cranky. (And right, of course.)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Mike Wallace spent about three minutes savaging the Nats base running and situational hitting. Cranky. (And right, of course.)

Ray pretty much was all over them for the same thing in the post game Nats Extra last night. I don't think I've ever seen a team so bad at base running. I have no idea what causes it. The average high school player knows better. Is it concentration? Are they pressing too much. It's not coaching because they know this stuff.

Offline mitlen

One of the truly disappointing things about this season is the poor play.   Uncle Ray nailed it with the Nats' aren't playin' "crisp" baseball in any phase of the game.