0 (0%)
A stranger who has called into any show Phil Wood hosts, for decades
19 (50%)
Other: (list below)
3 (7.9%)
Someone who likes to hear the sound of his own voice, on the air
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN, & other media  (Read 168177 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I think that was when a certain member unloaded on him and told him how worthless he was...

This is likely absence by choice...   :(

I don't recall that but he seemed alright with me.    He should take solace in the fact that we're all pretty damn worthless.    That's why we come here.    :)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
I don't recall that but he seemed alright with me.    He should take solace in the fact that we're all pretty damn worthless.    That's why we come here.    :)

:spit:

Offline Mr Clean

PC = Sal in Leesburg

Where is PC anyway?
Who is PC and is he really Sal?   

Offline Natsinpwc

I think that was when a certain member unloaded on him and told him how worthless he was...

This is likely absence by choice...   :(
I thought this was a MENSA board? No?

Offline mitlen

Mathguy has hacked Mr. Clean's account.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Maybe he's Sal the stockbroker?

Offline mitlen

We start today with Phil asking Mike a question with the answer as part of the question.    Mike still fumbled the answer for close to a minute.    Listening to Mike is like watching Papelbon pitch.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Sal in Leesburg.  Drink!

Offline mitlen

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Mike said there was no need to worry about his arm, "Ryan's throw to 3rd on the triple play made it in plenty of time."   :hysterical:

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Mike said there was no need to worry about his arm, "Ryan's throw to 3rd on the triple play made it in plenty of time."   :hysterical:
In time? Yes.

And 10 feet up three line.

Offline mitlen

:smh:

He should be doin' the 5 AM farm report on a 5,000 watt station in Western Kansas.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Actual question just discussed: "why do players spit so much?"  :hammer:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Actual question just discussed: "why do players spit so much?"  :hammer:

That was right in Mike's wheelhouse...

Offline mitlen

That was right in Mike's wheelhouse...

"Because they can."     Brilliance at work.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
"Because they can."     Brilliance at work.

He's a piece of work...

Offline mitlen

He's a piece of work...

I know MASN is a 2nd rate "network" for locally produced programming in a major metropolitan area but    .....    I feel bad criticizing him but he's in way over his head.

Offline Ray D

It seems like this thread is for the purpose of poking fun at and ridiculing Phil and Mike.  I don't have any problem with either of them, I enjoy the show enormously (when I watch).  I accept it for what it is.

Offline mitlen

It seems like this thread is for the purpose of poking fun at and ridiculing Phil and Mike.  I don't have any problem with either of them, I enjoy the show enormously (when I watch).  I accept it for what it is.

That was my point with the comment about Mike.      Essentially they're two pretty good guys who know a lot about DC baseball but they shouldn't be on a network in a major market  ...   maybe some obscure local programming cable channel.    Oh wait  ...   never mind.   It's MASN.     :)

Offline Ray D

If they were doing a national show then yes they'd be in over their head.  But it's a local show.  How many local sports shows are any good?

Offline mitlen

If they were doing a national show then yes they'd be in over their head.  But it's a local show.  How many local sports shows are any good?

I agree but (perhaps I'm too critical) I have some limited broadcasting background/experience (certainly far from being an expert).    This show is possibly the worst produced sports show I've ever seen.   That includes some of the local stuff we did in college "broadcasting class" in the '60s in black and white with video tape.     It's not all on Phil and Mike.

How 'bout George Michael's dab before he went national or 'skins' sideline?     Channel nine had a decent late night sports show.     CSN does a much better job presenting their products.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
The studio looks like they broadcast from the Wayne's World set in Wayne's parents basement.

Offline Ray D

Agree, production is awful.  But that itself makes me appreciate even more what they do.  (I never could stand George Michael.  Always thought he was arrogant, conceited, and not too bright.  So I'm not a good judge of his show, rarely watched it.)

Offline mitlen

Agree, production is awful.  But that itself makes me appreciate even more what they do.  (I never could stand George Michael.  Always thought he was arrogant, conceited, and not too bright.  So I'm not a good judge of his show, rarely watched it.)

Don't get me wrong.   I was never a fan of George Michael.    I question guys who sport comb overs.    :)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I don't get people who watch the show and just complain about it. It's worth than a GDT. :roll:

We know the show sucks. Move on.