0 (0%)
A stranger who has called into any show Phil Wood hosts, for decades
19 (50%)
Other: (list below)
3 (7.9%)
Someone who likes to hear the sound of his own voice, on the air
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN, & other media  (Read 166782 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Some here referred to him as a gold glove shortstop back in week YEAR one...

Offline HattoriHanzo

• expos/Nats fan since 1980
And the number of exceptional plays is exaggerated. I don't know that I've ever seen anything like this with any other player, especially not one of Espinosa's caliber (maybe Brunnell and Gibbs) :? .

I'll give Espinosa the nod in arm strength. Espi does not have great range or hands. Not to mention that Zim saves an error at least once a week on his ant killing one hoppers. Espi's defense is the most overrated thing I've seen from the nats fan base.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I'll give Espinosa the nod in arm strength. Espi does not have great range or hands. Not to mention that Zim saves an error at least once a week on his ant killing one hoppers. Espi's defense is the most overrated thing I've seen from the nats fan base.
remind me again about the overrated defense.  What part of 3d in MLB in turning balls in SS zone (RZR) and 6th in out of zone outs (OOZ), as well as 4th in UZR, is overrated?   I know you hate the guy, but give credit where credit is due.  Eyeball test, too - the guy has a cannon and makes great relays.  Turns DPs.  You can argue it doesn't make up for the bat, and he's not Brandon Crawford so he isn't the GG, but pick something better to knock than his defense. 

Offline Mr Clean

Don't worry Nats fans, according to Phil and Mike today everyone on the team is great, especially Taylor and Zimmerman.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Listening to Nats' TV broadcast teams (except for maybe Uncle Ray) is like listening to politicians.    It's not the teams fault they're not playing well.    It's YOUR fault.    YOU don't understand the nuances of the game.    YOU don't get it.    Trust ME.   Don't believe your lyin' eyes.     I'll tell you about rainbows, unicorns, blue sky and puffy white clouds.       :blah: :blah: :blah:

How's that for 39000?   :)

Offline mitlen

Mike just said Zimmerman's gonna have an "offensively productive" season.    It's already been "offensively productive".

Offline RiotAct

Listening to Nats' TV broadcast teams (except for maybe Uncle Ray) is like listening to politicians.    It's not the teams fault they're not playing well.    It's YOUR fault.    YOU don't understand the nuances of the game.    YOU don't get it.    Trust ME.   Don't believe your lyin' eyes.     I'll tell you about rainbows, unicorns, the blue sky and puffy white clouds.       :blah: :blah: :blah:

:worship: :worship:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Listening to Nats' TV broadcast teams (except for maybe Uncle Ray) is like listening to politicians.    It's not the teams fault they're not playing well.    It's YOUR fault.    YOU don't understand the nuances of the game.    YOU don't get it.    Trust ME.   Don't believe your lyin' eyes.     I'll tell you about rainbows, unicorns, blue sky and puffy white clouds.       :blah: :blah: :blah:

:clap: :clap:

Yea all the time they spent about how Ryan has turned into a good 1st baseman so why should he retire missed the point that he can't hit his way out of a paper bag :(

Offline mitlen

:clap: :clap:

Yea all the time they spent about how Ryan has turned into a good 1st baseman so why should he retire missed the point that he can't hit his way out of a paper bag :(

I may need more rum for this afternoon's game.    It's not a good sign when ya drink rum for an afternoon start.    I'll ponder it at the pool.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I may need more rum for this afternoon's game.    It's not a good sign when ya drink rum for an afternoon start.    I'll ponder it at the pool.

I'll be taking care of doggies shortly after this one begins, way better for my psyche than watching this team right now, if not I'd be drinking too probably :glug:

Offline mitlen

I'll be taking care of doggies shortly after this one begins, way better for my psyche than watching this team right now, if not I'd be drinking too probably :glug:

In a way, we'll be watchin' dogs as well.

Offline nats2playoffs

39,000 POSTS!

Offline mitlen

(Image removed from quote.)
                     39,000 POSTS!

:spit:   :old:

Online Natsinpwc

:spit:   :old:
Preach brother.

Maybe it is my fault--not going to watch today or tomorrow.  And will be away this week--need a week off from the Gnats.

Offline mitlen

Preach brother.

Maybe it is my fault--not going to watch today or tomorrow.  And will be away this week--need a week off from the Gnats.

I think the same thing but I'm drawn back in like a moth to the flame.

Offline mitlen

Happy that Jim and Susan got their 1/2 hour in today.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Phil:  Danny  :az: - Gold Glove.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Phil:  Danny  :az: - Gold Glove.

Mike too...ya know...

Offline Mr Clean

A caller asked how Zim was doing and Mike said he saw him last night and 'he's ready'. Said Zim got an RBI single and 'a couple strikeouts so he's ready'.
Fact: Zim K'ed 4 times last night, not a couple times.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
A caller asked how Zim was doing and Mike said he saw him last night and 'he's ready'. Said Zim got an RBI single and 'a couple strikeouts so he's ready'.

Yup...that's our boy...call him up...

Online Natsinpwc

Yup...that's our boy...call him up...
Must have been the bad lighting at the Pfitz.  :mg:

Offline mitlen

I heard that as well.    Mike cracks me up but he's in over his head.    I was thinking Phil/MASN needs to find a Nats' connected better spoken co-host.     It's OK when you ad lib but you can read Mike's face (and phraseology) and tell that he's swimmin' in deep water.

BTW  Did ya hear the e-mail from Sal in Leesburg?      He's in full panic mode.    :panic:    He's developing real GDT potential.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
I heard that as well.    Mike cracks me up but he's in over his head.    I was thinking Phil/MASN needs to find a Nats' connected better spoken co-host.     It's OK when you ad lib but you can read Mike's face (and phraseology) and tell that he's swimmin' in deep water.

BTW  Did ya hear the e-mail from Sal in Leesburg?      He's in full panic mode.    :panic:    He's developing real GDT potential.

PC = Sal in Leesburg

Where is PC anyway?

Offline mitlen

PC = Sal in Leesburg

Where is PC anyway?

Member roster shows he hasn't been active since June 1.    Should we put out an APB?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Member roster shows he hasn't been active since June 1.    Should we put out an APB?

I think that was when a certain member unloaded on him and told him how worthless he was...

This is likely absence by choice...   :(