0 (0%)
A stranger who has called into any show Phil Wood hosts, for decades
19 (50%)
Other: (list below)
3 (7.9%)
Someone who likes to hear the sound of his own voice, on the air
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN, & other media  (Read 168196 times)

Offline nats2playoffs

Just say "NO" to Sal and Ori0less Talk, you know?  There are only 8 lines, so call in and beat Sal in Leesburg to them, you know?  TOO LATE, SAL is on the air...

Today's game is at 7:05 pm on MASN, you know?
Nats Talk is from 10 am to noon, you know?

Call in, use your WNNF user name, so we know it's you, you know?
1-855-458-0300
or send email to:
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Sal on the line...  :hang:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Did any one bring up Metro yet?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I voted Other. Sal is his lover.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Did any one bring up Metro yet?

Phil Wood doesn't work for Metro, so I'm not sure what he can do.  Same with the Lerners, Rizzo, or anyone in Nats leadership.  I'd suggest contacting your jurisdiction's representative to the Metro Board: http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/board_of_directors/

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Phil Wood doesn't work for Metro, so I'm not sure what he can do.  Same with the Lerners, Rizzo, or anyone in Nats leadership.  I'd suggest contacting your jurisdiction's representative to the Metro Board: http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/board_of_directors/

The Lerners can do something about keeping the subway open later on week days.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Fair enough.  But how many times do we have a Monday-Thursday game that goes until midnight or later?  It maybe happens one or two times a year.  That said though, the Lerners should have an agreement with Metro to keep the trains running in those cases - even Dan $nyder does it when they have Sunday or Monday night games at FedEx field.

Offline mitlen

Fair enough.  But how many times do we have a Monday-Thursday game that goes until midnight or later?  It maybe happens one or two times a year.  That said though, the Lerners should have an agreement with Metro to keep the trains running in those cases - even Dan $nyder does it when they have Sunday or Monday night games at FedEx field.

Absolutely agree.   After I hit enter, I was thinking there probably hasn't been a dozen games in the history of the Nats that required a late subway run.   Cal probably has the numbers on that.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile

They possibly could, but won't - like Snyder when the Metrobus shuttle to FedEx Field was killed off by an act of Congress in 2005 (with effect from 2008), they've got visions of parking passes dancing in their heads.

Offline Coladar

I voted Other. Sal is his lover.

I like the way you think. Totally should've been an option, it'd have garnered my vote.

You know what, you know, I think I know, though? I think Sal is Phil. I think each Friday night Phil spends hours writing down dialogue, then recording himself as Sal. He replays the recording a thousand times over, making sure to seem to interact with "Sal" as seamlessly as possible. Then Saturday morning comes and Phil fires that baby up and hits play.

Back to reality though, I admittedly haven't played close attention to any of this Sal nonsense beyond occasionally popping my head in this thread and offering my mocking condescension. But it just doesn't seem to add up - nobody is familiar with him? As obsessed with local sports/baseball as this guy clearly is, I'd have expected he'd have been on these forums at this point. But fine, even if he is a tech averse old fogey, I'd expect he'd be familiar to folks at autograph sessions, NatsFest or whatever - even just stalking Phil around the depths of Nats Park during home games. Nobody on here is overly familiar with Sal personally, even merely casually? Is this guy literally only popping up around Phil, or is he at least a presence on other call in shows and whatnot?

Offline CALSGR8

METRO requires SOMEBODY TO put down a deposit to keep it open past 1120 on a week night.   They will not pay the over time insisting on others to pay.  Last year at the last moment; Living Social agreed to do it.  The Lerners wont do it because no other owners do and he doesnt want to set a precedent.   Even in Baltimore the above rail stays open an hour after gametime.

IT was mentioned by Stan last week.  Phil didnt spend a lot of time on it.  It should though.  Get enough people to know they have to find another way home may force the iszue.

Offline mitlen

METRO requires SOMEBODY TO put down a deposit to keep it open past 1120 on a week night.   They will not pay the over time insisting on others to pay.  Last year at the last moment; Living Social agreed to do it.  The Lerners wont do it because no other owners do and he doesnt want to set a precedent.   Even in Baltimore the above rail stays open an hour after gametime.

IT was mentioned by Stan last week.  Phil didnt spend a lot of time on it.  It should though.  Get enough people to know they have to find another way home may force the iszue.

Serious question  ...  Is there another MLB city where the mass transit system shuts down at "midnight"?    If so, how do they get around it?

Offline CALSGR8

I meant Sal not Stan.  Don't know.  Hey JCA what's the policy in Boston? 

Offline nats2playoffs

Just say "NO" to Sal and Ori0less Talk, you know?  There are only 8 lines, so call in and beat Sal in Leesburg to them, you know?[/b][/i]

Today's game is at 7:05 pm on MASN, you know?
Nats Talk is from 10 am to noon, you know?

Call in, use your WNNF user name, so we know it's you, you know?
1-855-458-0300
or send email to:
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

Offline mitlen

Re: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-noon on MASN
« Reply #365: September 21, 2013, 10:01:43 AM »
"Ah" is Wallace's new "word of the day".

Offline mitlen

« Reply #366: September 21, 2013, 10:04:39 AM »
Nobody gives a crap about the Oreos Phil  !!!!   Why don't you discuss the Angels or some other abstract AL team?    Jesus man, you just don't get it.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #367: September 21, 2013, 10:13:48 AM »
Bruce  ...  Sal  ....  same thing.   :)

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #368: September 21, 2013, 10:53:58 AM »
Bruce  ...  Sal  ....  same thing.   :)
Sal was getting his Alfa Romeo repaired, called from a repair shop with a bad connection.  He didn't tell us the color or year of the car.

1972 Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV

Now Ed from Fairfax, another every-time regular on here and on Phil Wood's radio call-in shows.  Ed wants another show to allow call-ins.  He can't get on the air often enough now? 

MASN should have the Sal and Ed Show, airing live at 2:30 am, 7 days per week.  No call-in's, just the two of them talking...

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #369: September 21, 2013, 11:43:30 AM »
On hold

Offline mitlen

« Reply #370: September 21, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
On hold

Guess you didn't get in?    Missus dragged me to Flugtag about 11 AM.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #371: September 21, 2013, 08:15:34 PM »
Guess you didn't get in?    Missus dragged me to Flugtag about 11 AM.

How did you do Mitlen?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #372: September 21, 2013, 08:20:57 PM »

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #373: September 21, 2013, 08:29:40 PM »
The guys from Fast and Loud were there.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #374: September 21, 2013, 08:30:33 PM »
Serious question  ...  Is there another MLB city where the mass transit system shuts down at "midnight"?    If so, how do they get around it?

I think nearly all of them do.