Author Topic: Nationals Park Seat Advice  (Read 33360 times)

Offline HELPMEPLEASE!

Nationals Park Seat Advice
« Topic Start: July 01, 2011, 01:16:40 PM »
I am going to be in town for a game on 7/4 and want to make my first trip to Nationals Park the best possible experience so I am hoping someone can provide some input on the seats.  Any help you can provide would be great, it is so hard to pick out seats at a new ballpark.

Browsing online I as able to find seats that seem ok in section 115 row NN, but wast sure if the mezzanine hangs over your head too much.  If you sit that far back is your view obstructed?  My other option would be to go for seats in section 203, but I was worried they might be too far away.

THANKS!

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
Re: Nationals Park Seat Advice
« Reply #1: July 01, 2011, 01:58:50 PM »
Nationals Park has no obstructed views that I am aware of. Either of those sections are good choices, but I prefer to be in the infield gallery, but everyone likes to be somewhere different in a ballpark.

Offline Glockypoo

« Reply #2: July 01, 2011, 02:02:24 PM »
Sections 203 and 115 would both be good choices.

If you're looking to sit behind homeplate and would like to avoid breaking the bank sections 310-317, which are directly below the press box, offer very good value.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #3: July 01, 2011, 03:16:49 PM »
You are better off with the mezzanine over your head in a day game on the first base side.  You see well enough, and the mezz blocks the sun.  Otherwise, 1st base side in the sun can be brutal.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #4: July 01, 2011, 03:26:16 PM »
I've had season tickets in sectiions 114 and 117.  You'll like the seats in section 115

I am going to be in town for a game on 7/4 and want to make my first trip to Nationals Park the best possible experience so I am hoping someone can provide some input on the seats.  Any help you can provide would be great, it is so hard to pick out seats at a new ballpark.

Browsing online I as able to find seats that seem ok in section 115 row NN, but wast sure if the mezzanine hangs over your head too much.  If you sit that far back is your view obstructed?  My other option would be to go for seats in section 203, but I was worried they might be too far away.

THANKS!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #5: July 01, 2011, 03:34:36 PM »
[...]If you're looking to sit behind homeplate and would like to avoid breaking the bank sections 310-317, which are directly below the press box, offer very good value.

Since this is an afternoon match, the lower-numbered sections (I'm in 312) are best since you'll be in the shade from about 14.30.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #6: July 01, 2011, 03:43:29 PM »
Can't go wrong with either spot, both will be fine vantage points to watch the Cubs get beat down.

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #7: July 28, 2011, 07:32:00 AM »
Has anyone been able to find out how many seats are in a given section/row at Nationals Park ?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #8: July 28, 2011, 07:38:53 AM »
I had an end seat in 310 row A and it was seat 24.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #9: July 28, 2011, 07:58:54 AM »
Has anyone been able to find out how many seats are in a given section/row at Nationals Park ?

It varies by section, obviously, but most have 25 seats per row in the infield and outfield gallery and uppers.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #10: August 01, 2011, 11:38:16 AM »
The thing that I find always catches out first-time visitors to Nationals Park is the way the seat numbers go the opposite way from the section numbers. That is, the section numbers run anti-clockwise around the ballpark, but the seat numbers essentially run clockwise (restarting at each section). I suppose the idea is that as you look at the section from the field, Seat 1 is on the left and the numbers ascend to the right, but I completely understand why someone who's never been there before and is walking down the concourse to his seat would pass, for example, Section 401, then 402, then 403, and so assume that Seat 1 will be at the first entry to Section 404 when in fact it's at the second entry.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #11: August 01, 2011, 11:49:18 AM »
The thing that I find always catches out first-time visitors to Nationals Park is the way the seat numbers go the opposite way from the section numbers. That is, the section numbers run anti-clockwise around the ballpark, but the seat numbers essentially run clockwise (restarting at each section). I suppose the idea is that as you look at the section from the field, Seat 1 is on the left and the numbers ascend to the right, but I completely understand why someone who's never been there before and is walking down the concourse to his seat would pass, for example, Section 401, then 402, then 403, and so assume that Seat 1 will be at the first entry to Section 404 when in fact it's at the second entry.
I've been to more than 100 games at the park and that thought has never crosssed my mind. And the dozens of guests I've brought have never mentioned it either. Interesting though.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #12: August 01, 2011, 02:30:21 PM »
I've been to more than 100 games at the park and that thought has never crosssed my mind. And the dozens of guests I've brought have never mentioned it either. Interesting though.

If you're used to the ballpark and where the seats are, and the first-timers are following you to the seats, there's no real reason why they'd notice because presumably they'd assume you know where you're going.

Offline UMLBB10

« Reply #13: August 01, 2011, 03:31:05 PM »
Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd add to this one. I'll be making my first trip to Nationals Park later in Sept. Is there an area near the stadium for some post game beverages and dinner? I was told there is nothing just outside the stadium but maybe a cab ride away. any suggestions for a group of guys to enjoy the city post game?

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #14: August 01, 2011, 04:50:00 PM »
Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd add to this one. I'll be making my first trip to Nationals Park later in Sept. Is there an area near the stadium for some post game beverages and dinner? I was told there is nothing just outside the stadium but maybe a cab ride away. any suggestions for a group of guys to enjoy the city post game?
In the stadium? Nope. A cab ride away is an entire city.

What are you looking for? Are you more of a Morton's or Applebee's person?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #15: August 01, 2011, 04:50:20 PM »
Barracks Row is your best bet...there at least used to be little shuttles that went there from the outfield entrance.  You can grab drinks at the Bullpen or Biergarten right outside the stadium, but for a sit-down bit of grub you're better off heading the 10 or so blocks east.  I think the Circulator bus that goes from the back entrance to the Navy Yard Metro stop to Union Station also passes the restaurant strip by the barracks.   

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #16: August 01, 2011, 04:57:58 PM »
but for a sit-down bit of grub you're better off heading the 10 or so blocks east.

You mean west, right?  East would take them into Anacostia, right?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #17: August 01, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »
OK, northeast

Though Anacostia has its charms as well. 

You mean west, right?  East would take them into Anacostia, right?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #18: August 01, 2011, 07:27:04 PM »
Barracks Row is your best bet...there at least used to be little shuttles that went there from the outfield entrance.  You can grab drinks at the Bullpen or Biergarten right outside the stadium, but for a sit-down bit of grub you're better off heading the 10 or so blocks east.  I think the Circulator bus that goes from the back entrance to the Navy Yard Metro stop to Union Station also passes the restaurant strip by the barracks.   

Dude the Circulator is for area residents only :smh: don't share the protips

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #19: August 01, 2011, 08:14:03 PM »
Justin's, at the corner of 1st and L streets, has good food and a good beer selection.  It's a very easy 5 minute walk to the stadium

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #20: August 01, 2011, 08:16:44 PM »
OK - I'll go with you to Anacostia sometime and you can point out the charms

OK, northeast

Though Anacostia has its charms as well. 

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #21: August 01, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »
Well the river has a rather unique color and aroma ...

Offline UMLBB10

« Reply #22: August 02, 2011, 10:02:50 AM »
Justin's, at the corner of 1st and L streets, has good food and a good beer selection.  It's a very easy 5 minute walk to the stadium

thanks. i should point out it's for a bachelor party. we'll hit the game in afternoon and then look for some debauchery at night. it sounds like there is some decent nightlife in the area. thats all i was hoping to confirm.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #23: August 02, 2011, 10:40:36 AM »
thanks. i should point out it's for a bachelor party. we'll hit the game in afternoon and then look for some debauchery at night. it sounds like there is some decent nightlife in the area. thats all i was hoping to confirm.

I don't think you particularly want to hang out really close to Nats Park late.  Much better nightlife to be had with a short cab ride or metro away.

Where are you staying overnight?

Offline Mathguy

« Reply #24: August 02, 2011, 10:46:26 AM »
Justin's isn't big enough for that sort of event.