Author Topic: Nationals @ Angels, Game 1  (Read 26046 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Nationals @ Angels, Game 1
« Reply #875: June 28, 2011, 01:13:20 AM »
This game was lost in the 6th when Davey left Lannan in the game.  That made the difference in the game and everyone here freaking knew that shouldn't have happened.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #876: June 28, 2011, 01:13:36 AM »
The amount of nagging in this thread is unreal. Dude, we lost one game. It was our manager's first game in the dugout with the team. crap happens man.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #877: June 28, 2011, 01:14:15 AM »
This was one of the worst pitching performances we've had this season.
16 hits and 6 walks in 9.1 innings. Yeah, they should have scored many more runs.

Our pitching needs to step the freak up against all of these crappy offenses.

Offline PC

« Reply #878: June 28, 2011, 01:15:34 AM »
Johnson is also in his first game managing for the nats. I don't blame him much right now.

The "first night" is not close to being a reason for such obvious mistakes.  He was clueless tonight and I don't know why it would get better tomorrow or afterwards.

It looks like Gibbs II...without the playoffs.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #879: June 28, 2011, 01:15:48 AM »
Burnett is a non-tender after this season. Can't pitch anymore. No command and he hasn't been able to throw his breaking stuff as effectively this year.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #880: June 28, 2011, 01:16:17 AM »
The "first night" is not close to being a reason for such obvious mistakes.  He was clueless tonight and I don't know why it would get better tomorrow or afterwards.

Then its good to know you're on our teams side.

Give it time before blowing your load on the first game. Look what happened after that crappy road trip back in May.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #881: June 28, 2011, 01:16:52 AM »
The amount of nagging in this thread is unreal.

Normally I would stick up for the good posters, point out the % of crap coming from a handful of people, etc., but tonight, I absolutely agree with you.  There was so much pissing and moaning in this thread that I don't know how those doing it were even managing to watch the game between outbursts.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #882: June 28, 2011, 01:17:07 AM »
Burnett is a non-tender after this season. Can't pitch anymore. No command and he hasn't been able to throw his breaking stuff as effectively this year.

Sounds just like Hrod

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #883: June 28, 2011, 01:18:08 AM »
Normally I would stick up for the good posters, point out the % of crap coming from a handful of people, etc., but tonight, I absolutely agree with you.  There was so much pissing and moaning in this thread that I don't know how those doing it were even managing to watch the game between outbursts.

Since we've never had a winning team since '05, until now, I'm sort of afraid what the posters here will be like when our future winning teams lose a game.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #884: June 28, 2011, 01:19:18 AM »
1 more day of above .500 for Nats fans. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #885: June 28, 2011, 01:19:18 AM »
Since we've never had a winning team since '05, until now, I'm sort of afraid what the posters here will be like when our future winning teams lose a game.

Yeah.  I thought being halfway decent might actually calm some people down, but clearly I had the wrong idea :?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #886: June 28, 2011, 01:20:08 AM »
Yeah.  I thought being halfway decent might actually calm some people down, but clearly I had the wrong idea :?
Couldn't be further from the truth. The better we play, the more frustrating it is when they play poorly and lose.

It would suck to go down the crapter after all of this good play in the last few weeks.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #887: June 28, 2011, 01:21:18 AM »
Haw haw, priceless...
Couldn't be further from the truth. The better we play, the more frustrating it is when they play poorly and lose.

It would suck to go down the crapter after all of this good play in the last few weeks.

Offline PC

« Reply #888: June 28, 2011, 01:22:00 AM »
My level of nagging increases when obvious mistakes are made.  If you make the right decisions and still lose, that's baseball (and life) but it was so easy to make better decisions but Johnson kept making bad ones.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #889: June 28, 2011, 01:22:34 AM »

Of course it would but don't think about that until it possibly happens. 1 loss isn't 2, 3 5, 8 or 10 losses. Its one. We're still one up from .500

If this team is going to continue to play hot, they win tomorrow and Wednesday. We'll see though. It's baseball.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #890: June 28, 2011, 01:24:23 AM »
It's the nature of message boards. They just get progressively more and more negative.

Offline ghostface

« Reply #891: June 28, 2011, 01:24:44 AM »
if you believe a good manager can make the difference in one run game than you just have to give Johnson a big fat F tonight.  his lineup sucked and his moves and non-moves sucked.  he sucked.  after all the jerk-off articles i read about him the past 3 days i never thought i'd be questioning so many of his moves.

Offline PC

« Reply #892: June 28, 2011, 01:25:29 AM »
Of course it would but don't think about that until it possibly happens. 1 loss isn't 2, 3 5, 8 or 10 losses. Its one. We're still one up from .500

If this team is going to continue to play hot, they win tomorrow and Wednesday. We'll see though. It's baseball.

Why would Davey Johnson's decision making abilities be better tomorrow or Wednesday?

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #893: June 28, 2011, 01:26:35 AM »
if you believe a good manager can make the difference in one run game than you just have to give Johnson a big fat F tonight.  his lineup sucked and his moves and non-moves sucked.  he sucked.  after all the jerk-off articles i read about him the past 3 days i never thought i'd be questioning so many of his moves.
Dude, it was one game.... On the road... With a struggling starter... And a lineup with bats struggling.... IN AN AMERICAN LEAGUE GAME!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #894: June 28, 2011, 01:28:10 AM »
freak it, I'm done with this bullcrap. It is one freaking game. Some people(PC, ghostfan, etc) are either trying to stir crap up or are quite literally brain dead.

One game. Out of 162. Chill the freak out.

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.
« Reply #895: June 28, 2011, 01:28:26 AM »

Lol, have to agree. I'm not saying he won't work out, but you gotta figure Nix in left, Stairs' wasted ABs, and Lannans outing would at least add up to a run.

Offline PC

« Reply #896: June 28, 2011, 01:28:58 AM »
Dude, it was one game.... On the road... With a struggling starter... And a lineup with bats struggling.... IN AN AMERICAN LEAGUE GAME!

Why have Sean Burnett going up against righty after righty after righty?  What other manager does that?

...and why put Stairs in the starting lineup?

...and why leave Lannan in when he was clearly struggling?

...and why use Rodriguez in this situation?

Why are you (and others) so willing to accept bad decision making as no big deal?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #897: June 28, 2011, 01:29:45 AM »
Why would Davey Johnson's decision making abilities be better tomorrow or Wednesday?

Why wouldn't he?

He made mistakes. If he were a good manager, he would learn from those. I'll judge how he is down the road. I understand he crap the bed tonight - he did. I'm assuming he never watched much of the nats this year to understand general situations like us hardcore fans see. Sure Stairs blows this year, but maybe he wanted to put him back out there. That right there is a crap decision but he did it, maybe because on paper he is that power hitter but this year he clearly lost it. Hopefully after tonight he'll learn why Riggleman stopped using him. I can say the same thing about Lannan but I guess he wanted to put it in his hands for the sixth. We know crap like that would happen, and it did. I'm being lenient on his decisions for tonight but I wont keep this view if he continues to crap the bed.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #898: June 28, 2011, 01:30:07 AM »
Werth gives a crap but he sucks.  some guys hit the wall at 32.  he'll be out of the league by 35.

So do you pay $1 million for a 43-year-old free agent?

1) 29 other major league teams: No.
2) Mike Rizzo's Washington Nationals: Yes.

But WHY, Rizzo?

Offline ghostface

« Reply #899: June 28, 2011, 01:31:06 AM »

no sh*t.  and i'm giving his managing tonight a big fat F.  he sucked.  there are going to be a lot of games where we have a struggling starter and the offense also struggles more often than not so his managing will be critical to winning those games.

why can't i give him the grade he deserves for the night?