Author Topic: Soriano Sports New Threads  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Soriano Sports New Threads
« Topic Start: November 30, 2006, 05:17:15 PM »
:roll:

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
« Reply #1: November 30, 2006, 05:22:01 PM »
He's got some nice new ice in his ears with that contract  :shock:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #2: November 30, 2006, 05:23:19 PM »
Quote from: "ColtonWillems"
He's got some nice new ice in his ears with that contract  :shock:
oh barf...you are sharp, I didn't notice that.   :?

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #3: November 30, 2006, 05:28:49 PM »
Gawd I hate that uniform!!  Cute Cubby blue with pinstripes.  

But for signing with the Cubs?  And the Cubs paying all that dough? All I can say is --

The Cubs should be forced to play in the American League. They have two designated hitters on their roster!

Now Paul Sullivan talks about them focusing on signing one or possibly two starting pitchers. Who? Tanyon Sturtze and Jim Parque?

Note to Tribune Company: No wonder your company is bleeding cash. Your business accumen is TERRIBLE. This is not the way to increase the value of your franchise! I'd rather invest in Enron stock than Tribune stock right now.

[edited because whitesoxinteractive.com doesn't like me pimping thier graphics]

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #4: November 30, 2006, 05:54:32 PM »
attached

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #5: November 30, 2006, 05:56:10 PM »
Don't hide your feelings Chief!   :lol:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #6: November 30, 2006, 06:04:35 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Don't hide your feelings Chief!   :lol:

I don't honestly care that much, it's just fun to join in the festivities :lol:

Be sure to refresh the page for "revision 2" of that pic ;)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #7: November 30, 2006, 06:14:17 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
Be sure to refresh the page for "revision 2" of that pic ;)
:rofl:

OooOOooOOO  There's MORE!

« Reply #8: November 30, 2006, 06:54:33 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Enjoy standing there you turd.  Thats as close to a winner your ever going to get with the Cubs.

Ugh, makes me want to puke.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #9: November 30, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »
I hope he tears his ACL on the 1st day of ST

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #10: November 30, 2006, 07:45:04 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"

Oh, come on guys.  What he did with the Cubs is 100% common sense.  Eight years, 136 million?  Who wouldn't take that?  There is a lot of blame to be placed upon this: the CBA for not letting Washington take the Cubbies first round pick, JB for not trading him, therefore putting the power in Soriano's hands.  I mean, I really lost all respect for him, but that still doesn't justify the fact that he did something most, if not all, people would have done.  All things aside, I wish Soriano a nice career, because all this is not solely his fault at all.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #11: November 30, 2006, 10:56:16 PM »
Now starring Alfon$o $oriano...

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #12: December 01, 2006, 04:02:57 AM »
I still love alfie

« Reply #13: December 01, 2006, 06:35:47 AM »

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #14: December 01, 2006, 07:52:00 AM »
It appears that Alfonso is going to be the Cubs new version of Sammy Sosa.  He's "bedy bedy hapi to be playing in shikago".   :lol:
Now if he can just start kissing his fingers while beating his chest and pointing - the cloning will be complete and all will be right again in the Windy City.

« Reply #15: December 01, 2006, 09:23:06 AM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
It appears that Alfonso is going to be the Cubs new version of Sammy Sosa.  He's "bedy bedy hapi to be playing in shikago".   :lol:
Now if he can just start kissing his fingers while beating his chest and pointing - the cloning will be complete and all will be right again in the Windy City.

He also has to expel a massive amount of energy running out to his LF, CF, 2B, Beer Vendor, whatever the hell his position is to the mindless applause of the locals who have no idea what they are cheering about.

He must also avoid sliding too hard when stealing a base.  He might bust himself open and expose the cork that resides in his head.  The jig is up then!

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #16: December 01, 2006, 12:01:58 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"
He also has to expel a massive amount of energy running out to his LF, CF, 2B, Beer Vendor, whatever the hell his position is to the mindless applause of the locals who have no idea what they are cheering about.

He must also avoid sliding too hard when stealing a base.  He might bust himself open and expose the cork that resides in his head.  The jig is up then!

I have to say that when I saw this thread I honestly thought I'd see more venom out of you.  I'm disappointed.  I was looking for a really hearty laugh but you seem much more calm than I would've expected.  In fact, when I saw the post of his picture with the word: "TOOL" superimposed over him I thought it was you, but it turned out to be the Chief.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #17: December 01, 2006, 01:30:39 PM »
The Cubs have been criticized for both the size and the length of Alfonso Soriano's contract, just as GM Jim Hendry criticized the Dodgers last winter for handing Rafael Furcal $39 million for three years, an unprecedented salary for a leadoff hitter at the time.
-- Chicago Tribune

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #18: December 01, 2006, 01:43:22 PM »
-!@#$

Trying to fix posts -- but I can't delete one ....

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #19: December 01, 2006, 02:08:42 PM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"

Oh, come on guys.  What he did with the Cubs is 100% common sense.  Eight years, 136 million?  Who wouldn't take that?  There is a lot of blame to be placed upon this: the CBA for not letting Washington take the Cubbies first round pick, JB for not trading him, therefore putting the power in Soriano's hands.  I mean, I really lost all respect for him, but that still doesn't justify the fact that he did something most, if not all, people would have done.  All things aside, I wish Soriano a nice career, because all this is not solely his fault at all.

I lost all respect for him for all of his comments during the season and after the season. F**k him. It has nothing to do with the contract or amount of money. I have no problem with that. It's the quotes/comments during/after the year that piss me off.

Offline natsfan7

• I am the Nationals number seventh fan!
« Reply #20: December 01, 2006, 03:20:24 PM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"

Oh, come on guys.  What he did with the Cubs is 100% common sense.  Eight years, 136 million?  Who wouldn't take that?

While that is true, it dosen't make me feel any better. That said, I still like Alfonso, even if he is a sell out, and hope he dose well. Factering in Wrigley Feild, dose anyone think that the cubs will get their money's worth.

« Reply #21: December 01, 2006, 06:26:07 PM »
Quote from: "Minty Fresh"
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"

I have to say that when I saw this thread I honestly thought I'd see more venom out of you.  I'm disappointed.  I was looking for a really hearty laugh but you seem much more calm than I would've expected.  In fact, when I saw the post of his picture with the word: "TOOL" superimposed over him I thought it was you, but it turned out to be the Chief.

Trust me, I was ready to burn him but as I read that he was traded to the Cubs and all the "I love Chicago" and "I wanted to go to a winner" laughable BS, I just decided to let his own stupidity speak for him and you know, it did.

Besides, I'd been trying to expose this guy as the fake-Nat that he was for over a season.  No need to rehash it all.  He is gone now and I truly believe this team is better for it.  I feel pity for the lowly Cubs having to invest so much green in a lying, golddigging, hyena.