Author Topic: How many people has FP said "_____ is the first one here every day" about?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I still don't understand how anyone thought FP might be a "bad boy" when his signing was announced.  I seem to recall hearing some things to that effect, but after half a season he seems about as offensive as a puppy.

I think Jose Canseco had just had a well publicized Twitter beef (!) with him about almost coming to blows (ha) at the Playboy Mansion.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Yeah... I think that blowup was either the day of, or the day before FP was hired.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I like FP a lot but he does talk way too much.

I hated Dibble because he was a moron. He had a well earned reputation as a dumbass as a baseball player and removed all doubt when he was announcing.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

IMO FP is as good as any color guy we have had since Darling at the end of the 05 season (he was not good in the beginning)

Offline Once an Expos Fan

• Nos Amours
While we're on the subject of FP sayings, how about his "you got a guy that can handle the bat at the plate" even when said batter is a terrbile hitter (even said it once for a poor hitting pitcher!)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
FP keeps his hands inside the baseball.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
As the Nats games on the west coast start late, we have been watching the Orioles getting killed by the Cards.  But one thing we notice right away - Jim Palmer is so much better as a commentator than FP Santangelo.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Jim Palmer is so much better as a commentator than FP Santangelo.

Sure, but that face is scary as HELL! 

Offline SkinsNDeacs

As the Nats games on the west coast start late, we have been watching the Orioles getting killed by the Cards.  But one thing we notice right away - Jim Palmer is so much better as a commentator than FP Santangelo.

Palmer has been broadcasting games for nearly 30 years...not very fair to compare him to a guy that has been doing it for 3 months. 

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
I've actually started to enjoy listening to FP's pointless tangents.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
I hear ya.  But it;s time for FP to learn a little on the art of being a professional commentator

Palmer has been broadcasting games for nearly 30 years...not very fair to compare him to a guy that has been doing it for 3 months. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I hear ya.  But it;s time for FP to learn a little on the art of being a professional commentator

And stop talking about JT Snow.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I don't know if Palmer was one of the guys on the MASN joint-broadcasts but if he is, no thanks.  All of those O's guys are unbearably dry and monotonous.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

I think Palmer was part of the broadcast from Baltimore but I don't think he was in the booth in Washington.