Author Topic: $2 Double Header - July 2nd Nats vs. Pirates  (Read 6447 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Anyone know if the 2 dollar seats are still avail for sat?  The kids want to go.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
Anyone know if the 2 dollar seats are still avail for sat?  The kids want to go.

I think they said they were sold out, but if you can get there early enough they always have the $5 seats.

Offline RL04

I think Carp said the other night that Fox has the rights to the afternoon time slot.   

Yup, that is what I was referring to.

Online imref

I think they said they were sold out, but if you can get there early enough they always have the $5 seats.

yeah $2 are sold out.  will use the kiosks on the side and get something in the 300's

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
If I were you I would chat up the scalpers on half street.  A LOT of people are out of town this weekend, and you can probably name your price, particularly since so many people will be hitting the DH the next day.

yeah $2 are sold out.  will use the kiosks on the side and get something in the 300's

Offline ronnynat

What time should I get there if I want to get one of those t-shirts they're giving away to the first 10,000 people?

Online imref

What time should I get there if I want to get one of those t-shirts they're giving away to the first 10,000 people?

we're planning on arriving around 2:30.  Trick (as noted in the Nats park tips/tricks/hints thread), if the CF gates are out then go around to the LF or 3B gates and check there.   We were there for the frozen mug give away.  CF and LF were out when we got there (30 min before gametime) but 3B had plenty.

Online imref

If I were you I would chat up the scalpers on half street.  A LOT of people are out of town this weekend, and you can probably name your price, particularly since so many people will be hitting the DH the next day.

i'm actually thinking it will be pretty crowded given the $2 promo and the DH.

Offline ronnynat

we're planning on arriving around 2:30.  Trick (as noted in the Nats park tips/tricks/hints thread), if the CF gates are out then go around to the LF or 3B gates and check there.   We were there for the frozen mug give away.  CF and LF were out when we got there (30 min before gametime) but 3B had plenty.

Cool. I'm hoping they're white t-shirts.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Cool. I'm hoping they're white t-shirts.

The Nats will sweep due to the hallowed and rare presence of ronny :lol:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile

As early as possible, and use the Left Field gate (my regular entrance) - they're usually the last to run out.

There are rumours that ball park staff often skim off a goodly share of these giveaways and either keep or sell them - I have a seat-mate who believes strongly that this occurs (not necessarily professing unqualified belief in this myself - just sayin' - but I do recall an earlier match this season for which I arrived a half hour before first pitch and not only was the giveaway gone but hardly anyone in the stands seemed to have one either).

Offline Count Walewski

I'm not sure I actually want a t-shirt: the problem with ballpark giveaways is that you have to carry them around for the rest of the game, and that seems especially painful if it's going to be a doubleheader.

Shirt or no shirt, I will definitely be at Nats Park today. I am considering whether I want to shell out $85 for the PNC Club, or whether I want to spend $12 on cheap outfield seats and hopefully sneak into a better section as the games go on. (I have an unexpired student ID so I get 50% off).

Offline PANatsFan

I'm not sure I actually want a t-shirt: the problem with ballpark giveaways is that you have to carry them around for the rest of the game, and that seems especially painful if it's going to be a doubleheader.

Shirt or no shirt, I will definitely be at Nats Park today. I am considering whether I want to shell out $85 for the PNC Club, or whether I want to spend $12 on cheap outfield seats and hopefully sneak into a better section as the games go on. (I have an unexpired student ID so I get 50% off).

My brother really wanted me to go with him to the PNC Club for 8 hours and get stuffed silly and bombed, but I have to work.

Offline Count Walewski

Yes, I think my desire to still fit into my pants is going to be what sways me away from the PNC club today.

Offline ronnynat

The Nats will sweep due to the hallowed and rare presence of ronny :lol:

Hell yeah, man. I'm catching a Morse homer today... and then giving it to someone else so I don't have to take it on the metro with me.

Offline hammondsnats

Hell yeah, man. I'm catching a Morse homer today... and then giving it to someone else so I don't have to take it on the metro with me.

you mean one of the 18 homers he hits today?

Offline mikehughes

If you bought tickets already to the Pirates game, but back a month or so ago when it was postponed to today, can you still pick those tickets up at will call?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I have an extra if anyone wants to go to today's game.

Offline PANatsFan

I have an extra if anyone wants to go to today's game.

Want, yes, can, not

Online imref

the ballpark was pretty packed for both games tonight.  Good lively crowd, and an outstanding FW show.

Offline ronnynat

Had a great time. Missed a lot of the first game because I was just walking around the park. I had that Ben's Chili Bowl stuff for the first time. Amazing.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
the ballpark was pretty packed for both games tonight.  Good lively crowd, and an outstanding FW show.

The first game it was about half full but when we were heading out (body was shutting down) it was really getting packed.  Fittingly, concessions that were open when we got there for the first game were closed when we were leaving before the start of game two. 

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
the ballpark was pretty packed for both games tonight.  Good lively crowd, and an outstanding FW show.

Biggest turn-out of the season thus far, in fact (39,638 - beating Opening Day by 583).

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Biggest turn-out of the season thus far, in fact (39,638 - beating Opening Day by 583).
But not the Red Sox games!  Those were great crowds and a great time!   :razz:

:poke:

:hurr:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Those were great crowds filled with chowdaheads and a great miserable time!

FTFY  ;)