Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Anthony Rendon, 3B (and 2B, we hope)  (Read 85455 times)

Offline Ace_1106

Re: Follow the Prospects: Anthony Rendon, 3B
« Reply #600: August 28, 2012, 01:36:15 PM »
I KNOW 6'0, AND YOU SIR ARE NO 6'0

In attendence last night, with the chance to see him standing next to guys listed as 6'1, 5'11, etc. He was the smallest of all of them. Clearly. This makes me worry about hiding his ankles at 1B. Yeah, yeah, spare me the Prince Fielder et al speach, that's a different case. You need someone with a wider wingspan than Rendon has to play 1B. I don't know if it started at Rice, and since then everyone has just gone along with it, but the programs really need to knock this off. I know guys sometimes get an inch or two of fibbing -  ;) - but he is 5'10" tops.

He looked pretty smooth fielding 3B, had an errant throw where Bloxom picked him up, but that's not uncommon. Ran pretty well scoring from second on a bloop single. Very selective at the plate, once it helped as he drew a 4 pitch walk that started a 4 run inning, and once it was to his detriment as he got behind 0-2 on two called strikes that were pitches he could have squared up (didn't really hit the ball hard all night, but we know he can so that's not a big deal). Looked like fastballs to me, and they were no where near the umps worst calls of the night.

Lol, he's a legit 6'0 trust me. Good report and good call on his pitch selection, that has been a common theme throughout his playing days. He seems to get behind the count quite a bit but it's almost like he prefers it that way.