Author Topic: Nationals vs Padres, Game 2  (Read 9595 times)

Offline PC

Re: Nationals vs Padres, Game 2
« Reply #175: May 28, 2011, 03:51:48 PM »
Why did no one challenge Riggleman on that Matt Stairs bullcrap???

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #176: May 28, 2011, 03:52:54 PM »
Back to washing the cars.

I washed and waxed both of our cars. Fortunately I got some sunscreen on before I got horribly burned lol... It took me about 3 hours to get both done. I just used some Meguiars spray wax.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #177: May 28, 2011, 03:53:35 PM »
Why did no one challenge Riggleman on that Matt Stairs bullcrap???

FP did if that's what you mean. It was really dumb, Cora should have bunted the runner over. That's all on Riggs.

Offline PC

« Reply #178: May 28, 2011, 03:54:29 PM »
FP did if that's what you mean. It was really dumb, Cora should have bunted the runner over. That's all on Riggs.

I'm talking about the press conference.

Offline PC

« Reply #179: May 28, 2011, 03:57:04 PM »
I can't believe what I'm hearing. NOBODY is ripping into this team like they should! 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #180: May 28, 2011, 04:00:40 PM »
I can't believe what I'm hearing. NOBODY is ripping into this team like they should! 

Listen, you need to just be happy you have team that you can overpay for tickets to see down the Global Village Park aka Citizens Bank Park South.  No one is going to rip into anybody over anything since everyone recognizes this whole organization from top to bottom is a joke.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #181: May 28, 2011, 04:05:28 PM »
because someone posted that wasn't a strike. 

give it a rest dude.

I wish you'd give the Desmond slobbering a rest. Your jaw must hurt.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #182: May 28, 2011, 04:36:05 PM »
Glad I spent 25 bucks (scalped tickets) on tickets and 20 bucks on food/drink (freaking hot) to watch Matt Stairs somehow out-suck Alex Cintron.

Desmond blows.

Ankiel sucks.

Stairs is the worst player in Nats history (at least other past losers could actually play a position)

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #183: May 28, 2011, 05:06:27 PM »
Glad I spent 25 bucks (scalped tickets) on tickets and 20 bucks on food/drink (freaking hot) to watch Matt Stairs somehow out-suck Alex Cintron.

Desmond blows.

Ankiel sucks.

Stairs is the worst player in Nats history (at least other past losers could actually play a position)

Just got back from the game and this post pretty much sums it up.  The Matt Stairs move was UFB, yet so predictable.

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.
« Reply #184: May 28, 2011, 05:08:23 PM »
If nothing else the board is fun to read after these games.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #185: May 28, 2011, 05:26:48 PM »
Listen, you need to just be happy you have team that you can overpay for tickets to see down the Global Village Park aka Citizens Bank Park South.  No one is going to rip into anybody over anything since everyone recognizes this whole organization from top to bottom is a joke.

Yes, at least I have a team - where I can sit in TBSITH, drink pricey beer and watch as Matt stares at three called strikes...still beats having no team at all, as I did from 1977-2004...even so, it'd be nice to see some improvement (if nothing else, how about a bit of SITUATIONAL HITTING?).

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #186: May 28, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »
I'm really tired of watching this joke of an organization continue to take us for fools.  There is absolutely no reasonable explanation for Stares or Bixler to be on the roster or getting playing time.  Maybe I just have high standards but if I'm going to suffer through having a crappy local team at least give me better service and lower gate prices. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #187: May 28, 2011, 05:34:34 PM »
I wish you'd give the Desmond slobbering a rest. Your jaw must hurt.

i know you are :stir: because you like to :stir: but me posting a picture of the strike zone chart was not defending him.  for the last time i didn't even see the stairs/ankiel/desmond ABs, so i would not have any room to comment about it. 

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #188: May 28, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »
[...]Maybe I just have high standards but if I'm going to suffer through having a crappy local team at least give me better service and lower gate prices.  

Wizards season tickets in the 400's (where I sit - the centre sections have excellent sightlines) cost $16/fixture* if purchased on full-STH basis (a saving of some 2/3 over gate prices). Availability of decent concessions in that level has improved somewhat in recent seasons as well.

*my Nats seat in TBSITH is $20/fixture on full-STH basis

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #189: May 28, 2011, 08:50:57 PM »
Wizards season tickets in the 400's (where I sit - the centre sections have excellent sightlines) cost $16/fixture* if purchased on full-STH basis (a saving of some 2/3 over gate prices).

The Nats ticket people do take care of STHs but let's be honest - this team is going to need to do my laundry, tune up my car and give me a tax break if they continue dragging out the corpses of former fringe stars like Matt Stares and the cheapo roster fillers like Bixler and losing 90+ games a year.  I don't know, maybe I'm just too demanding but I'm just tired of being told to take a bit of the crape sandwich and pretend like it's nice juicy steak.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #190: May 28, 2011, 09:02:43 PM »
I hate the nats

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #191: May 28, 2011, 09:08:20 PM »
I hate the nats

I have nothing against the players.  In fact, quite a few are my favourites in MLB (The Shark, Ramos, Morse, Espy, Desmond).  Having said that, it's pretty clear, to me at least, that the FO is still a total disaster and we rolled the dice on a strategy that, to this point, has been met with total failure.

This team might be snake bitten but the FO is doing no favours in trying to right the ship.  When Maya gets LIT UP tomorrow what are Rizzo and Riggleman going to say?