Author Topic: Thanks Tomterp  (Read 1227 times)

AuRevoirExpos

Thanks Tomterp
« Topic Start: November 06, 2006, 02:15:15 PM »
I just want to publicly thank Tomterp for the effort he's put into getting me my much sought after 'DC' logo Nats cap.

I'm away from home on business right now, but my wife texted me to say my cap arrived in the mail today.

I know he made a real effort to find the right cap, then sort out the postage and packing, and send it all the way to England (though I haven't paid him yet!)

Getting any MLB merchandise in England except bloody Yankee caps is a nightmare.

So Tomterp, I appreciate it more than you'll know.

Now I'll feel a real Nats fan this winter and I can finally retire my favourite old Expos cap.... bought I believe in about 1989!!

Cheers.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Thanks Tomterp
« Reply #1: November 06, 2006, 02:19:31 PM »
Tomterp for Nats manager!!!!!

AuRevoirExpos

Thanks Tomterp
« Reply #2: November 06, 2006, 02:30:23 PM »
They could do a lot worse.

At least he's reliable, trustworthy....and relatively inexpensive!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Thanks Tomterp
« Reply #3: November 06, 2006, 03:20:29 PM »
Jolly Good Show 'Ol Boy!  :clap:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Thanks Tomterp
« Reply #4: November 07, 2006, 09:05:48 PM »
Maybe we'll have a season opener against the Phillies at Wembley one of these years  :D

AuRevoirExpos

Thanks Tomterp
« Reply #5: November 10, 2006, 02:08:14 PM »
Hi Ali,

There's been talk of MLB playing an exhibition or Opening Day game in London now for some years.

The new Wembley Stadium is due to open next Spring, 90,000 seats and easily the best new sports facility anywhere in Europe.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/

Offline expos96

Thanks Tomterp
« Reply #6: November 10, 2006, 06:11:53 PM »
Nice stadium that new Wembley.

I heard talks about a seasoning opener in Amsterdam Arena.
I will be there if and when that happens!

I have some photo's of the inside, but Wembley looks nicer and bigger.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Thanks Tomterp
« Reply #7: November 10, 2006, 07:17:32 PM »
Quote from: "AuRevoirExpos"
I just want to publicly thank Tomterp for the effort he's put into getting me my much sought after 'DC' logo Nats cap.

I'm away from home on business right now, but my wife texted me to say my cap arrived in the mail today.

I know he made a real effort to find the right cap, then sort out the postage and packing, and send it all the way to England (though I haven't paid him yet!)

Getting any MLB merchandise in England except bloody Yankee caps is a nightmare.

So Tomterp, I appreciate it more than you'll know.

Now I'll feel a real Nats fan this winter and I can finally retire my favourite old Expos cap.... bought I believe in about 1989!!

Cheers.

Terry, I just noticed this thread today, thanks for the comments.  I just hope it fits, lest you have to invest in a "hat-stretcher".  

As an aside, I find the function that lists posts since my last visit, doesn't work very reliably.  Often I visit, and don't see anything in the list, but there are new posts regardless.  I always try to read every post, don't want anything slipping by.

As for the Wembley stadium, it looks awesome for football, and would adaptable to American football as well, but I don't see how a baseball game could be played without one of the outfields being too short.  But it looks like a fantastic facility, nonetheless.  Put it on my to-do list, if and when I ever return to England.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Thanks Tomterp
« Reply #8: November 10, 2006, 10:16:09 PM »
That would be great if they played a game in London.  They could definetly play at that stadium.  Baseball can be played at a soccer stadium, Nats fans know that better than anyone.