Author Topic: PNC Diamond Club  (Read 35186 times)

Offline climbguy

PNC Diamond Club
« Topic Start: April 25, 2011, 08:30:31 PM »
I am sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere.  I am new to this forum and couldn't find anything.

I have tickets to an upcoming game in the PNC Diamond Club and have a few questions, as the Nats site has little to know information about premium seating.

1. How long before the game starts does the club open, do they have the full F&B out at that time?
2. Would someone please provide me with a sample menu?
3. Does that at seat service include beer?  Obviously if someone is visibly waisted they won't serve them, but other then that do the drinks flow?
4. I got the tickets to celebrate a friends birthday, is there any chance we can get some sort of cake (or cup cake) with a candle in it?

thanks!

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Re: PNC Diamond Club
« Reply #1: April 25, 2011, 08:48:51 PM »
I don't know all the answers. I was there on opening day.

2. There was all kinds of food at the buffet. Salmon, mac and cheese, salads, beef, it was pretty absurd. Then you'll have the little menus with hot dogs or whatever. Pretty much the only thing limiting you is the slow ass service. You'll wait an inning for whatever you order so plan ahead.
3. Yes, beer is free. Liquor/wine is not.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #2: April 25, 2011, 08:52:48 PM »
While food/drink is free, I would definitely recommend tipping decently if you want prompt service.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #3: April 25, 2011, 08:55:52 PM »
While food/drink is free, I would definitely recommend tipping decently if you want prompt service.

I've wondered about that. I've never been in there but in case I happen to land there sometime, who do you tip and what's considered a decent tip for that sort of thing?

Offline climbguy

« Reply #4: April 25, 2011, 09:10:48 PM »
2. There was all kinds of food at the buffet. Salmon, mac and cheese, salads, beef, it was pretty absurd. Then you'll have the little menus with hot dogs or whatever. Pretty much the only thing limiting you is the slow ass service. You'll wait an inning for whatever you order so plan ahead.

If it is a buffet, don't you just take the food you want?  Or do I have to order items or are you talking about the at seat waiter service, in the seats do they just have a hot dog guy walking around or is my order taken and they bring the food back later?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #5: April 25, 2011, 09:14:38 PM »
I've wondered about that. I've never been in there but in case I happen to land there sometime, who do you tip and what's considered a decent tip for that sort of thing?

If the crowd is large and you know that you will be drinking a few, tip $5 for round one.  For the middle rounds tip a buck a round, two if you are getting four or more beers.  As you wrap things up there is no need to tip on the last round.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #6: April 25, 2011, 10:18:52 PM »
If it is a buffet, don't you just take the food you want?  Or do I have to order items or are you talking about the at seat waiter service, in the seats do they just have a hot dog guy walking around or is my order taken and they bring the food back later?

There's a buffet indoors. For that, you just grab and go. There are menus at all the seats that you can order from. You'll wait for what you order from your seats.

I didn't notice a hot dog guy when I was there, but there were pretzels, peanuts, etc. You could order a hot dog off the menu I'm sure.

Offline climbguy

« Reply #7: April 25, 2011, 10:21:38 PM »
thanks for the info, do they serve beer at the seats or just in the club house?

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #8: April 25, 2011, 10:24:15 PM »
Both, both free.

Offline climbguy

« Reply #9: April 25, 2011, 10:25:23 PM »
i think i will have to take the metro to/from this event.  Is it just bud/but light or do they have free premium/imported beer?

Offline heeman82

« Reply #10: April 25, 2011, 10:44:23 PM »
My girlfriend and I sat in the Diamond Club once last July when Clint selected us for the "DC Lottery Lucky Seat Upgrade."  It was probably the greatest moment of my life.

Offline Glockypoo

« Reply #11: April 25, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »
i think i will have to take the metro to/from this event.  Is it just bud/but light or do they have free premium/imported beer?
they have more than just domestic light beers. I was there opening day and guzzled down my fair share of blue moons while the wifey had a few stellas.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #12: April 26, 2011, 12:14:01 AM »
My girlfriend and I sat in the Diamond Club once last July when Clint selected us for the "DC Lottery Lucky Seat Upgrade."  It was probably the greatest moment of my life.
The generosity of the Lerners to let the common man have a taste of the good life.  :bow:

Offline climbguy

« Reply #13: April 26, 2011, 12:15:46 AM »
that and last minute ticket opportunities on Craigslist

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #14: April 26, 2011, 09:57:58 AM »
I have not been there this year but just in case this slipped by people, last year the Diamond Club tickets had $35 food and bev loaded on the tickets. This year, it's all the food and draft beer and wine you can handle, I believe.

Service at the seats is def dependant on the attendance. If it's a full house like on OD, they just can't keep up. I suspect it's much more difficult this year given the free food and drinks.

I use my Red Carpet Reward points to upgrade to a Diamond Club a couple of times a year.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #15: April 26, 2011, 10:02:35 AM »
If the crowd is large and you know that you will be drinking a few, tip $5 for round one.  For the middle rounds tip a buck a round, two if you are getting four or more beers.  As you wrap things up there is no need to tip on the last round.
Given that the food and drinks are free this year, I would tip $5 for every order, especially if it's large. At most I would order maybe 2 or 3 times.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #16: April 26, 2011, 10:09:43 AM »

4. I got the tickets to celebrate a friends birthday, is there any chance we can get some sort of cake (or cup cake) with a candle in it?

Bring a candle with you, they have ice cream sundaes there.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #17: April 26, 2011, 10:20:29 AM »
Was that a special opening day spread, or is that standard?  Not that it affects me directly, but while I am chained down in steerage, I enjoy daydreaming about life above deck.

I don't know all the answers. I was there on opening day.

3. Yes, beer is free. Liquor/wine is not.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #18: April 26, 2011, 10:30:04 AM »
The spread last year was pretty awesome for every game. That description was fairly accurate, maybe even undersold it a bit. They also have BBQ, hot dogs, desserts, etc.

I recommend every one try it at least once. Troll Craiglist for good deals every once in a while or suck up to some rich friends.

As I said, I use my RCR points. This year I'm even going the Presidents Club. BiL will be big timing it for one game at least!

Offline climbguy

« Reply #19: April 26, 2011, 02:04:06 PM »
This year I'm even going the Presidents Club. BiL will be big timing it for one game at least!

Is the F&B in the Lexus Presidents Club any different from what can be found in the PNC Diamond Club?

Offline heeman82

« Reply #20: April 26, 2011, 04:59:09 PM »
The generosity of the Lerners to let the common man have a taste of the good life.  :bow:

Who you calling common??

Offline climbguy

« Reply #21: April 27, 2011, 07:33:39 AM »
Last night was a blast.  We got there 90 minutes before and were the first ones to enter the club.

The food was good and including:
Asian Station: Salmon and California rolls, pot stickers, and a shrimp/rice dish
Carving Station: Roast Beef with apple and au jus glaze, and scalped potatoes in a creamy white sauce
Dog/Sausage Station: Traditional all Beef Dogs, smoked apple gouda sausage, one other I think it had chicken
Desert Station: various cakes and other fruit style deserts in shot glasses, and fresh fruit on a stick
Popcorn Station: cheesy popcorn, crackerjack style, peanuts without shells, and other similar snack foods

I never looked at the in seat menu, but ordered nachos a couple time, they were 'the works' and not just the chips with cheese sauce.

I was told the beer variates change, they have about six different options.

I brought candles and asked for a cake, the staff was happy to make it happen.  It was five cupcakes put together with icing.

I tipped the servers and bartenders well so our service was for the most part quick.  The $5 on the first round at the bar, resulting in follow up orders being handled by two bartenders instead of one.   It almost worked too well as at one point we had more then 2 beers each in front of us, which was against the rules.

The seating inside is nice and on a hot and humid day a great place to cool down or wait out a rain delay in a climate controlled setting.

There are also outdoor tables, which provide an excellent view of the game.  In fact we just stayed there the entire time and never sat in our assigned seats.

I asked one of the chefs (not servers, he had on the white hat) how the food in the Lexus Presidents club differed from the PNC Diamond Club.  All he could tell me is that the menu changes everyday and it was up to the chef in the other club.

Based on the service and food quality in the PNC Diamond Club, and the lack of description of how the F&B differs from the Lexus Presidents Club I don't see any reason to pay about double the price for the upgrade.  While I have never sat in the first few rows behind home plate i found the view from the PNC Diamond Club provides better perspective.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #22: April 27, 2011, 09:40:02 AM »
I have one extra Diamond Club ticket for Friday night's game at a very good price. DM if interested.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #23: April 27, 2011, 10:07:03 AM »
Great report, climbguy, appreciate you didn't just milk us for what we know and then disappear.   :)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #24: April 27, 2011, 10:11:20 AM »
My wife's cousin has a luxury box at both Nats Field and FedEx. I've never been to either box, but was interested in seeing what it was like. Nice write up. I'm guessing his box is similar to the Diamond Club?