Author Topic: MLB To Take Over Dodgers' Financial Operations  (Read 2938 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
According to ESPN: "Former Braves and Nationals executive Stan Kasten is a candidate to be Selig's point man in charge of the Dodgers"

Where's an inanimate carbon rod when you need one? Or some used TP?

PS He knows how to pinch pennies :couch:

Offline RobDibblesGhost

I won't post the pic of the used TP though...

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
(Image removed from quote.)  I won't post the pic of the used TP though...
We need a write in campaign for this to be added as a smiley.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
and Giants fans rejoice

They'll have an invitation to invade their ballpark and he'll make sure to remove all extra security so they can feel better about coming around to beat up Dodger fans.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

He should. He learned from the very best.

Offline Blueliner

If you read the stories, you would know the McMorons funneled $100 MILLION from the team, to live a life style?

They had a parking lot in Boston as collateral for a loan, but they lost the parking lot, because they couldn't pay back the loan.

They set up a charity foundation through the team, and paid the person in charge of the foundation about four times more than normal AND paid his salaries from the money raised from the charity.

Baseball wanted the McMorons, because baseball felt they wouldn't drive up player's salaries.  Well they got a mess on their hands.

But, baseball doesn't want somebody like Cuban to own a team?  Sure he's a loudmouth jerk, but nobody can say he doesn't want and try to do the best for his team.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
According to ESPN: "Former Braves and Nationals executive Stan Kasten is a candidate to be Selig's point man in charge of the Dodgers"

Naturally. :lmao:

Offline HalfSmokes

The last thing most owners want is a billionaire owner driven to win- it raises salaries and fan expectations in other markets

Offline NatsDad14

HAMMONDS, TAKE BACK YOUR COMMENT!!

Offline hammondsnats

wow are you serious? 

because he's the one that has continued to pump out bottom of the barrel payrolls year after year.  what a joke.

Offline Blueliner

The last thing most owners want is a billionaire owner driven to win- it raises salaries and fan expectations in other markets

No, the last thing owners want is another McMoron.

Offline houston-nat

wow are you serious? 

because he's the one that has continued to pump out bottom of the barrel payrolls year after year.  what a joke.

Wow, he put a "I'm joking" smiley in the post and you still didn't notice he was joking.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I heard the same news about Kasten on 1067 the Fan.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I really, really, really hope they don't Stan "The Plan" on the Dodgers.  That's worse than having Alyssa Milano as the team mattress.

Offline hammondsnats

Wow, he put a "I'm joking" smiley in the post and you still didn't notice he was joking.

i know who i am talking to

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
They should give us Kemp and Ethier for letting Minaya trade away so many prospects for garbage.

Online blue911

They should give us Kemp and Ethier for letting Minaya trade away so many prospects for garbage.

After watching Omar work his brand of magic with the Mets, I can't blame MLB. He's really is that bad.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
He's really is that bad.

Oh come on, who wouldn't offer Big Game Ollie a 3 year $36m deal after he had a breakdown and told you he couldn't pitch anymore?!?!!?!

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
Does the MLB manage the team very conservatively?

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Stan Kasten "will step on toes," says one exec who thinks he'd be an excellent choice as the Dodgers' trustee.  On Wednesday, Commissioner Bud Selig said in a statement, "I will announce the name of my representative in the next several days."

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

I hate the Dodgers and Mets, but I'd hate to see either contracted. I also don't wish the treatment the Expos/Nats received on either team.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Former Rangers president Tom Schieffer is expected to be appointed as MLB's Dodgers trustee today, reports Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times.  You can read Bud Selig's statement here.  Shaikin notes that the 63-year-old Schieffer served as Rangers president from 1991-99, during which time the club was owned by George W. Bush's ownership group for the most part.

After his time with the Rangers, Schieffer served as an ambassador to Australia and Japan under the Bush administration.  More recently, Schieffer ran for governor of Texas as a member of the Democratic party.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

I hate the Dodgers and Mets, but I'd hate to see either contracted. I also don't wish the treatment the Expos/Nats received on either team.

I can't see either of them going anywhere unless we have another financial meltdown.  It has probably put ol' Bud in a tough spot considering what both of these teams struggling financially means to his "management" and "leadership".  What a putz.