Time for my analysis of Cleveland's offseason needs! Yay and so forth! I've got them listed by level of importance.
1. Quarterback: Colt McCoy isn't the answer. The obvious solution is to trade up with St. Louis or Minnesota for Robert Griffin. With two first round picks this season, (Theirs and Atlanta's.) Cleveland is the most well equipped of any of the other QB-needy teams to do a deal. I'd be utterly shocked if such a deal doesn't happen.
2. Right tackle: Tony Pashos sucks massively and needs to be replace ASAP. There isn't anyone good on the free agent market, so they'll probably have to fix this through the draft.
3. Number one receiver: Greg Little looks to be a solid player, but they still lack a true number one wideout. There are lots of good options in free agency, including Dwayne Bowe, Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson, and Marques Colston. Bowe, Jackson, and Johnson are all varying degrees of knuckleheaded, so they're somewhat risky, and Colston is the football equivalent of a Mariners or Padres pitcher; he may not actually be as good as he seems due to the team he came from. Another potentially intriguing option is Pierre "Stone Hands" Garcon from Indy. He drops passes left and right, but he had some good games this season with Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky at QB, so he has legitimate skill and is not just a product of Peyton Manning.
4. Defensive end: I have only one thing to say on this subject; MARIO WILLIAMS.
5. Guards: Shawn Lauvao and Jason Pinkston suck, and who knows if Eric Steinbach will be the same after his back surgery. This needs to be addressed very early in the draft.
6. Outside linebacker: Scott Fujita has been a good player for quite a while, but he's had injury problems and is getting old. A young, developing player like Erin Henderson would be a nice pickup.
7. Cornerback: Sheldon Brown has had a nice career, but it's coming to an end. They'll need to find a replacement for him sooner rather than later.
8. Free safety: Mike Adams is okay, but they could do better. Still, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they just re-signed him.