Author Topic: Closing gameday threads  (Read 857 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Closing gameday threads
« Topic Start: April 07, 2011, 08:53:07 AM »
Out of curiosity, why are the game threads closed so early the following day?

I noticed this last year, often I would read things about the game that I didn't catch or have thoughts the next morning but the game threads are already closed and there's no obvious location to post about it.

Just wondering.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Closing gameday threads
« Reply #1: April 07, 2011, 08:56:39 AM »
Out of curiosity, why are the game threads closed so early the following day?

I noticed this last year, often I would read things about the game that I didn't catch or have thoughts the next morning but the game threads are already closed and there's no obvious location to post about it.

Just wondering.

They tend to wander and evolve into conversations having nothing to do with the game, the longer they are held open.  Did you have something you really wanted to say there?  I can open it back up for a while.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #2: April 07, 2011, 09:00:48 AM »
Fair enough.

No, I don't have anything to say in the gameday thread today, I had just been wondering and figured I'd ask. :)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: April 07, 2011, 09:10:03 AM »
Fair enough.

No, I don't have anything to say in the gameday thread today, I had just been wondering and figured I'd ask. :)

In this case, I read the last couple of pages, and saw that there was really no active continuing discussions, otherwise I would have left it open for them to run their course.

Of course, should a mod open a thread back up for someone to post in, the standard of quality for such a post is VERY high.    :twisted:

Offline saltydad

« Reply #4: April 07, 2011, 11:26:08 AM »
In this case, I read the last couple of pages, and saw that there was really no active continuing discussions, otherwise I would have left it open for them to run their course.

Of course, should a mod open a thread back up for someone to post in, the standard of quality for such a post is VERY high.    :twisted:

But of course.