Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2  (Read 19698 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2
« Reply #550: April 02, 2011, 11:48:41 PM »
you can tell how much Werth appreciates Ankiel being here.  i remember when they signed rick, Werth made comments saying he was excited.  during camp, Werth came out and said the CF competition is wide open and people needed to start looking @ Ankiel as a series option. 

today when he hit the HR, the whole dugout was going nuts and Werth was leading the charge.  then postgame Werth stated how much he respects Ankiel because he was a former pitcher and how hard he plays.  then he brought up the fact Ankiel came back from that injury suffered couple years back when he was on the cards and went face first into the wall (google it if you don't remember, pretty nasty stuff).

i kind of laughed it off when FP said it today, but the clubhouse definitely seems to be better put together this year. Werth has an awesome attitude. They seem a lot looser, a lot more fun, a lot tighter as a team. I mean all these guys on the roster earned their places/deserve their roles based on their playing time. No sour apples.

i like ankiel and am definitely rooting for him. I could feel his HR today after he just missed on 3-0. i hope it continues. i am not a big small ball fan but the scrappy nature of this team is evident to me. we may not be .500 or anything, but i think this year the team could actually be headed in the right directon.