Author Topic: SINCERE APOLOGIES  (Read 1242 times)

AuRevoirExpos

SINCERE APOLOGIES
« Topic Start: October 09, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »
Hi again guys - some of you will hopefully remember me, Terry from England, the self-appointed President and - for all I know - the only member of the Unofficial Washington Nationals Fan Club UK!!

I just need to say something after my enforced absence from the forum, mainly by way of an apology, especially to a couple of WNFF members.

I haven't posted on here since I think late June. At that time I left for a 3 week holiday in Italy. But within 5 days of us returning from Italy I was involved in a serious automobile accident which left me in hospital for over 4 weeks. I broke a leg, several ribs, my collar bone, and I also had several internal problems due to the impact, and some (thankfully) minor but still worrying head injuries. I only returned to work on September 25, and I've only really in recent days started to take much of an interest  again in my PC and other hobbies, and one of the first things I wanted to do was start posting on here and reading the Nats forum. So this evening that's exactly what I'm doing!

The main reason I mention all this is that just prior to all this, two of the guys on here (Thomas and Tomterp) went out of their way to look into acquiring for me a 'DC' style Nats cap. I'm not sure what the status of this particular 'cap hunt' is - I expect they gave up on me some weeks ago! - but I just wanted to explain and apologise for not being able to get back to them, and I will certainly in the next 24-48 hours make a point of PM'ing you guys.

Sorry this is a slightly unconventional topic, but I've always really enjoyed hanging round this forum and as somebody rooting for the Nats from the other side of the Atlantic I have always been made to feel extremely welcome, especially for a guy who has never even visited DC in his life, and am really only here in the first place due to a 25 year fascination with the Montreal Expos (RIP). But I imagine it must have been incredibly irritating for people to do a favour (the cap!) for some newbie like myself, and then find that he/she jumps ship without a single word of explaination. So at least I feel much better for now being finally in a position to say a few words again.

I did manage to follow the Nat's fortunes whilst recovering from my accident, though I have to confess that very little of what I read (or was able to watch via MLB.tv) did anything to lift my spirits during what was a pretty dismal summer for both myself and the Nats, to put it mildly!

Anyway, many thanks and apologies, hope to see you guys around the forum once again.

Offline UMDNats

SINCERE APOLOGIES
« Reply #1: October 09, 2006, 05:28:47 PM »
Good to hear you're okay from your accident. Get well soon, and welcome back!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
SINCERE APOLOGIES
« Reply #2: October 09, 2006, 08:14:58 PM »
Sorry to hear about your problems...glad you are back.

Offline kimnat

SINCERE APOLOGIES
« Reply #3: October 09, 2006, 09:49:18 PM »
Oh my goodness!  I'm so glad you're healing!  I hope you don't experience any long term problems as a result of the accident!  I'll be sure to remember you in my prayers for continued healing.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
SINCERE APOLOGIES
« Reply #4: October 10, 2006, 10:42:02 AM »
I admit I WAS sort of wondering what happened.  Were the Nats really THAT bad?  (please don't answer that question).

I still have the hat, and think that sending it via US Postal service would be the most cost effective.  Not sure what sort of import duties or tarriffs or whatever charges may await you on your end, as I'm a novice at international postal services.  

Anyway, sorry about your difficulties, and welcome back to the forum!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
SINCERE APOLOGIES
« Reply #5: October 10, 2006, 11:10:36 AM »
Really sorry to hear about your misfortune, but I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I'm glad you came out of it relatively OK, and that we're very glad to have you back!

AuRevoirExpos

SINCERE APOLOGIES
« Reply #6: October 10, 2006, 03:01:30 PM »
Just proves my point about what a nice community you have here - thanks from the heart for the nice words of welcome. I can't wait for the day when me and my wife finally make our first trip/visit to DC to see the Nats and the sights, and can maybe even buy some of you guys a beer.

Being so distant from the US it would be easy for some people to dismiss me as 'an outsider', though I do at least consider myself to be an 'adopted' Canadian and will probably end up living close to family over there one day with a bit of luck. But you guys have always been really helpful and hospitable and informative, and now that I have some movement back in my arm (and every key depression isn't like having a meat-skewer stabbed into my shoulder!) I'll certainly try to post as often as I can over the fall/winter until Spring Training when we can all get back to enjoying some baseball.

Re: Washington Cap(s)!!...Tom, I'll PM you in a few minutes about the infamous cap, rather than bore everyone to death in this thread with our transit/postage arrangements etc. But suffice to say I am pretty relieved that you didn't sell the damn thing on EBay or something in order to try to re-coup your losses. I WILL still have it!!

Thanks again amigos!!

nospinzone1

SINCERE APOLOGIES
« Reply #7: October 10, 2006, 09:09:27 PM »
FROM A SICKLY 70 YEAR OLD CUBAN JEWISH AMERICAN PRINCE I WILL SAY MY HEBLEW PRAYERS FOR YOU.