Author Topic: Top 10 Washington Nationals prospects for 2011 (Fangraphs)  (Read 6993 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Seeing an error that soon into the piece (having Harper drafted out of HS) makes me not want to read the rest.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Seeing an error that soon into the piece (having Harper drafted out of HS) makes me not want to read the rest.

I just keep watching that VW commercial in the top banner.     :az:

Offline PANatsFan

Yeah, going to the Mazda dealer the other day makes me want to trade in the Highlander for the 2011 CX-7 while the wife is at work.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Yeah, going to the Mazda dealer the other day makes me want to trade in the Highlander for the 2011 CX-7 while the wife is at work.

Make sure it's a 4-wheel drive model this time.     :roll:

Offline PANatsFan

Make sure it's a 4-wheel drive model this time.     :roll:

:lmao: A free car is a free car, even if it's FWD, 4 banger.

Offline sportsfan882

I'm excited about infield prospects Jeff Kobernus, Rick Hague, Adrian Sanchez, and Roberto Perez in 2011.

I think Hague is going to light it up and jump up our prospect lists :az:

Offline JMUalumni

I'm excited about infield prospects Jeff Kobernus, Rick Hague, Adrian Sanchez, and Roberto Perez in 2011.

Add me to the Perez bandwagon, I expect pretty big things from him this year.  I like Kobernus as well, but I don't know if he is ever going to kick the injury bug.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.

I think Hague is going to light it up and jump up our prospect lists :az:
Kobernus' numbers in his first 2 season, after coming out of college are disappointing.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=kobern002jef

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Call me crazy, but I really like Eury Perez. I think he could be the top of the order GG caliber CFer we've been looking for. His hitting needs a lot of work, but just imagine him leading off, Norris, Zimmy, Harper and Werth. I really hope he pans out.

Offline hammondsnats

Call me crazy, but I really like Eury Perez. I think he could be the top of the order GG caliber CFer we've been looking for. His hitting needs a lot of work, but just imagine him leading off, Norris, Zimmy, Harper and Werth. I really hope he pans out.

I'm not saying this because we haven't really had any luck with our Latin prospects, but I'm not sold on Perez just yet.  i loved his SBs and 2Bs/3Bs last year, but his OPS needs to climb.  sounds like his glove is pretty well advanced though.  

this is a big year for him @ potomac and i hope he continues to improve.  it'll be interesting to see what OF from our farm (Perez, Hood, Ramirez, etc) makes it up to the bigs to play along side of Harper/Werth.  regardless, in the near future, OF won't be a position of need for us ... which is what it's all about.

Offline PANatsFan

He's making prospect lists for a reason. I'd love to seem him in CF for 10 years.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Does anyone know if Eury's base stealing ability is mostly just a product of crazy speed or does he actually know how to read pitchers/catchers? As it is, with his speed and outfield ability, he's at least as good as Maxwell was for us.

Offline NFA Brian

• Nationals Farm Authority
Does anyone know if Eury's base stealing ability is mostly just a product of crazy speed or does he actually know how to read pitchers/catchers? As it is, with his speed and outfield ability, he's at least as good as Maxwell was for us.

From what I have heard, it was initially a product of his speed, but he is developing an ability to read pitchers & catchers. The problem he is going to face is getting on base as he faces better/more developed pitchers at the higher levels

Offline ronnynat

Dude is wicked fast. I saw a video of him attempting a drag bunt and he got down the line faster than anyone we've ever had here. He also has a very nice swing.

Offline PANatsFan

I watched him a DWL game, he wreaked havoc on the pitcher. It was great to see.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
That's definitely encouraging. He has a heckuva ways to go as a hitter but it sounds like he has a ton of potential. Maybe they should have him work with Norris? Who else in our system is better qualified to give him pointers on seeing balls and strikes?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/reviewing-the-top-10-prospect-lists-nl-east/

Mid-season review.

Overview:
Peacock surprise
Norris slides
Ray should of been on the list
Maya is garbage
Ramirez was a bad pick as the #10 prospect

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/reviewing-the-top-10-prospect-lists-nl-east/

Mid-season review.

Overview:
Peacock surprise
Norris slides
Ray should of been on the list
Maya is garbage
Ramirez was a bad pick as the #10 prospect

What the hell methodology is this based on?  Did they see Maya pitch? 

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
What the hell methodology is this based on?  Did they see Maya pitch? 

He had good results in the winter league. His approach was exactly the same and the couple Maya starts I watched he had the same issues he had last year and this year, but a hanging curveball is a long flyball to DWL talent where as to major league talent it is an XBH. I am reluctant to say he is done at this point, but there is now a long line in front of him of guys that will get a chance before he gets his next shot and with Solis, Ray, Cole at lower levels that line might get longer instead of shorter unless Maya really does something special.

Offline sportsfan882

JP Ramirez over Destin Hood yikes

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Says he went on reports from winter ball on Maya.  no mention of Destin Hood as someone who should have made the list.

Offline hammondsnats

JP Ramirez over Destin Hood yikes
Says he went on reports from winter ball on Maya.  no mention of Destin Hood as someone who should have made the list.

:lmao: x2

i know.  that's why it's so hard to believe "experts".

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
i know.  that's why it's so hard to believe "experts".
But they have 1000s of players to look at.  They distill information and work contacts. At least this guy was honest enough to say he had not seen Maya and went off reports.  KLaw tries to project he's seen most everyone he opines about without saying he's working off source he trusts, not his eyes.