Author Topic: Good vibes thread  (Read 31123 times)

Offline eckseid

Re: Good vibes thread
« Reply #100: September 24, 2011, 12:51:55 PM »
Felt this thread needed a bump. For those who saw in the "vent" thread, I tested with Richmond PD today. This post is going here instead of there because I passed both written and agility. Also had a panel interview. Pretty pumped atm. Now I'm sitting and waiting to hear back from both Henrico PD and Richmond PD.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #101: September 24, 2011, 02:34:28 PM »
You're gonna hook ol' chief up, right?  Get me out of things and such ;)

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #102: September 24, 2011, 04:39:06 PM »
You'll have to send us all Get Out of Jail Free cards!  :lol:

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #103: September 24, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »

It's Richmond, so Linty's the one who's gotta be worried...

Offline eckseid

« Reply #104: September 24, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »
You're gonna hook ol' chief up, right?  Get me out of things and such ;)

Hmm, for The Chief? I dunno.. :P

I'll work on that. :P

Offline eckseid

« Reply #105: October 14, 2011, 02:39:11 PM »
Woo! Moving on in the process for Henrico PD. Just scheduled my poly. :mg:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #106: October 14, 2011, 02:44:39 PM »
Excellent news!  I kick myself often for not joining the Chicago PD when I had the chance, so I'm definitely a little jealous.  :)

Offline eckseid

« Reply #107: October 14, 2011, 02:49:51 PM »
Excellent news!  I kick myself often for not joining the Chicago PD when I had the chance, so I'm definitely a little jealous.  :)

Chicago PD? Oh man.. if I had that chance, i'd take it. I absolutely love that city.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #108: October 14, 2011, 03:04:23 PM »

Then you could have really profited from your knowledge of Bolivia's finest and other illicit things :lol:

Offline eckseid

« Reply #109: October 14, 2011, 05:00:54 PM »
I think I need to play the lottery. Just got a call from Richmond PD to schedule my background interview.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #110: October 14, 2011, 06:03:26 PM »
I think I need to play the lottery. Just got a call from Richmond PD to schedule my background interview.

Whatever you do, be honest. They'll ask you if you've ever done drugs or anything like that before and if you have, tell them you have. Now if you were a full on meth head, you might want to rethink that, but I think for the most part, they expect most people to have "tried things out" so-to-speak. Heavy drinking is an issue as well. I'm sure you know most of that though, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #111: October 14, 2011, 06:24:55 PM »
Whatever you do, be honest. They'll ask you if you've ever done drugs or anything like that before and if you have, tell them you have. Now if you were a full on meth head, you might want to rethink that, but I think for the most part, they expect most people to have "tried things out" so-to-speak. Heavy drinking is an issue as well. I'm sure you know most of that though, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Oh yeah, definitely. I've never touched any drugs, not even weed. Never drank underage (still don't drink :P). I did my BG interview with Henrico a few weeks ago, so I'm going into Richmond PD knowing what to expect. But yeah, honesty is the best policy, otherwise they'll catch you on the poly.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #112: October 14, 2011, 07:09:05 PM »
Oh yeah, definitely. I've never touched any drugs, not even weed. Never drank underage (still don't drink :P). I did my BG interview with Henrico a few weeks ago, so I'm going into Richmond PD knowing what to expect. But yeah, honesty is the best policy, otherwise they'll catch you on the poly.

The Maryland State Police did our background checks and left no stone unturned... I told them I'd smoked pot a few times, but didn't really like it, but I did like to drink some beer/whiskey. They asked how much/often and I told them that I like to go out some and all, but always take a cab and limit it to my off days and often less frequent than that. The Trooper that interviewed me was pretty cool about it. The Psych exam is where they'll get you :lol:

I had a former friend apply for a Fire Dept. job down around Frederick. He took the polygraph and when asked if he'd ever committed a felony, proceeded to tell them that he sexually assaulted his own daughter (approx 2yrs old). They then notified the local police and he was arrested when he got home. Due to the fact that the mother of the child did not want her to have to testify, he got to plead out to assault as opposed to sexual assault. He was listed on our registry but is no longer on it. I know he is/was on probation. Like I said, he was a former friend.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #113: October 14, 2011, 07:21:02 PM »
The Maryland State Police did our background checks and left no stone unturned... I told them I'd smoked pot a few times, but didn't really like it, but I did like to drink some beer/whiskey. They asked how much/often and I told them that I like to go out some and all, but always take a cab and limit it to my off days and often less frequent than that. The Trooper that interviewed me was pretty cool about it. The Psych exam is where they'll get you :lol:

I had a former friend apply for a Fire Dept. job down around Frederick. He took the polygraph and when asked if he'd ever committed a felony, proceeded to tell them that he sexually assaulted his own daughter (approx 2yrs old). They then notified the local police and he was arrested when he got home. Due to the fact that the mother of the child did not want her to have to testify, he got to plead out to assault as opposed to sexual assault. He was listed on our registry but is no longer on it. I know he is/was on probation. Like I said, he was a former friend.
Wow....

He must have really wanted to confess. Thats not something that you would drop on a job interview and try to gloss over it. Not to make light of the damage that he did to the girl - which is significant, but that's got to be a lot to carry around.

Offline eckseid

« Reply #114: October 14, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »

It's crazy people do stuff like that, then proceed to interview for a PD/FD. There was a guy out in Cali who applied to a PD and told them he possessed child pictures, then got arrested during the interview. Seriously, do they not think about stuff like that before applying?

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #115: October 15, 2011, 05:43:28 AM »

My friend that applied to the local PD said he tried pot in the interview, was told he was not allowed to be an officer because of it.  Also, when he was thinking about going into the military, they asked the same thing, and when he said he had tried pot, they kept trying to get him to lie about it on the forms because it could hurt his chances.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #116: October 15, 2011, 11:42:59 AM »
My friend that applied to the local PD said he tried pot in the interview, was told he was not allowed to be an officer because of it.  Also, when he was thinking about going into the military, they asked the same thing, and when he said he had tried pot, they kept trying to get him to lie about it on the forms because it could hurt his chances.

That's probably true as well. The poly will separate fact from fiction though, so honesty is probably the better policy. It's one thing to say you tried pot when you were 16 and you're now 25 as opposed to saying the same thing except you're currently 20. They did ask me when the last time I'd smoked pot was and I said about 10 years prior. We didn't take a poly though.

Either way, good luck to you man! We need good police officers as well as correctional officers. You lock 'em up and we'll baby sit them!

Offline eckseid

« Reply #117: October 15, 2011, 10:59:04 PM »
Either way, good luck to you man! We need good police officers as well as correctional officers. You lock 'em up and we'll baby sit them!

If I don't get in, I may also be baby sitting them. Getting into corrections is my backup plan. Speaking of which, how do you like corrections?

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #118: October 15, 2011, 11:24:14 PM »
If I don't get in, I may also be baby sitting them. Getting into corrections is my backup plan. Speaking of which, how do you like corrections?

I like it well enough. It's not glamorous, that's for sure, but it's not a bad job depending on where you are located. Up this way, it's pretty decent when you consider cost of living, but in Baltimore Murderland, not so much. I've worked much harder for half as much money, that's what I remind myself when I get aggravated. Both fields are dangerous, the thing about corrections is, you're not going to get shot at, but you might get crap on... literally... or pissed on too and I know of even worse. You can always move on from corrections to Police work later on if need be.
Best of luck to you and if you have any more questions, feel free to pm me or we can always start a thread. I'd prefer it to be uncensored though.

Offline heeman82

« Reply #119: November 06, 2011, 05:30:29 AM »
Had to perform CPR for the first time in my life tonight.. Kept it up until paramedics arrived and took over.  Scary stuff.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #120: November 06, 2011, 08:35:36 AM »
Good for you!  Hopefully the result was positive.  If not, you did your best!

Offline heeman82

« Reply #121: November 06, 2011, 09:04:38 AM »
Good for you!  Hopefully the result was positive.  If not, you did your best!

Restored breathing but she still had weak pulse and was unresponsive.  The emt's brought her back the rest of the way, but I still say I get the :w: for this one. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #122: November 06, 2011, 09:51:39 AM »
Restored breathing but she still had weak pulse and was unresponsive.  The emt's brought her back the rest of the way, but I still say I get the :w: for this one. 

Bang ...  zoom.    Well done.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #123: November 06, 2011, 08:36:56 PM »

:clap:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #124: November 06, 2011, 08:55:06 PM »

I hope someone buys you a beer sometime soon.