Author Topic: Good vibes thread  (Read 23100 times)

Offline dracnal

Re: Good vibes thread
« Reply #475: July 11, 2017, 04:52:17 PM »
My wife essentially pays your salary.  :hysterical:

With the cost of those things, I'm guessing maybe three candles per year?

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #476: July 11, 2017, 05:04:53 PM »
With the cost of those things, I'm guessing maybe three candles per year?
No no. She always gets the sales. So probably five.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #477: July 11, 2017, 05:24:27 PM »
How did a conversation about good vibes degenerate into a conversation about BO and gum-snapping?  You folks sure seem mixed up on the concept.

:mg:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #478: July 11, 2017, 07:34:34 PM »
How did a conversation about good vibes degenerate into a conversation about BO and gum-snapping?  You folks sure seem mixed up on the concept.

It's what we do.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #479: July 11, 2017, 08:00:03 PM »
The genesis, as usual, was Slate's cheery optimism, looking on the bright side of a bad situation. :hysterical:

Offline Slateman

« Reply #480: August 23, 2017, 05:13:12 PM »
Passed my state EMT-B assessement

Now on to the NREMT written test

Offline imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
« Reply #481: August 23, 2017, 05:15:05 PM »

Congrats Slate.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #482: August 23, 2017, 05:23:16 PM »

:cheers:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #483: August 23, 2017, 06:11:25 PM »

Well done.   :clap:      Military training help at all?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #484: August 23, 2017, 07:20:29 PM »

:$$$:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #485: August 23, 2017, 07:33:41 PM »

Congrats, Slate. Great news.

Offline varoadking

• This is Howie do it...
« Reply #486: August 23, 2017, 07:41:25 PM »

Congrats...how does this fit into your career plans?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #487: August 23, 2017, 07:45:36 PM »

Above average      :pimp:

Offline varoadking

• This is Howie do it...
« Reply #488: August 23, 2017, 07:46:16 PM »
Above average     :pimp:

So not good?   :hysterical:

Offline Slateman

« Reply #489: August 23, 2017, 08:37:57 PM »
Well done.   :clap:      Military training help at all?
No, it was actually more of hinderance, particularly for the medical assessment. Generally speaking, you don't treat a lot of patients with diabetes or heart disease in the military. Usually they're bleeding profusely from somewhere.

Ironically, some of my instructors were paramedics out in  Manassas and we just given tactical vests so they can integrate with police. I had to show a couple guys how to put theirs together, then had to explain to them what the IFAK was for and why it had to be in the same places as the cops' IFAKs.

It doesn't? Well maybe if Donnie ever opens up the air marshal program again and I get back into shape, it might help.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #490: August 23, 2017, 08:42:36 PM »
No, it was actually more of hinderance, particularly for the medical assessment. Generally speaking, you don't treat a lot of patients with diabetes or heart disease in the military. Usually they're bleeding profusely from somewhere.

Good point.    I imagine some of the techniques used in my day aren't used any more.    :old:    I figure the military training makes one a little more gathered in tight situations.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #491: August 23, 2017, 08:56:49 PM »
Good point.    I imagine some of the techniques used in my day aren't used any more.    :old:    I figure the military training makes one a little more gathered in tight situations.
Dunno, all the medics seemed pretty collected. I had fun with my hospital rotation. Guy brought in after seizure. Was in his postical state. Apparently, this happens 6-8 times a year. Well, he likes to fight people when he is in that state, so naturally, he was combative when he was brought in.

Anyway, the medic who brought him in was an EMT-B who was precepting for Paramedic. As we (a couple nurses, myself, and a tech) are holding down the patient so we can sedate him, she jumps in and tries to help. My patient is trying to roll over on his stomach, so I just put my elbow on the back of his neck and use my other arm to hold down his torso. I tell the precepting medic, hey, you need to hold down both of his legs. He's gonna kick you in the head if you don't.

And I get this look from her like, why the freak are you telling me what to do? You're a freaking student. So I shrug and go back to concentrating on what I'm down. Patient is fiesty and, well, let's just say he's threatening to kick everyone's ass. Sure enough, not five seconds later, this guy manages to bring the leg/foot up that my scowling friend wasn't holding and kicker her right in the face.

She was all right, and we got the sedative in the patient, but she had a nice welt above her eye. Afterwards she came up to me and asked me how I knew the guy was gonna kick her. I simply told her, "Three years of wrestling with drunk Marines in the barracks"

Anyway, patient was fine after he woke up. Slept like a baby for four hours. Was really apologetic as he apparently remembered fighting some people. Turns out, when he's not coming out a seizure, he's a really nice guy.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #492: August 28, 2017, 08:10:31 PM »
So I'm helping watch my dad while my brother's son and granddaughter are in from California.  they went out for dinner and just got back.   The cat starts meowing when they pull up to the door.  Cat's really hangs out a lot with me.  It dawns on me that I have on my computer a tribute to the cat that I have not played for a while - Kitty' Back - so i put it on for the greatniece (brother's granddaughter) and she starts saying "Kitty's Back."  nephew is raising another Bruce fan.

IMO, the greatest rock-tuba album side is side one of the wild, the innocent.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #493: September 06, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jetblue-caps-ticket-prices-florida-99-ahead-hurricane-irma-173232462.html

“In addition, we are waiving change fees for customers who want to change their flight plans due to the forecast.” the spokesman said. “We also are adding flights and increasing the size of the aircraft we’re using on flights to and from San Juan and south Florida, providing more opportunities for customers to leave. New flights are being added to and from San Juan, Miami, Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Key West, all to Atlanta (where people can connect to destinations across the U.S.)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #494: October 13, 2017, 08:47:23 PM »
may stink that we lost, but it is good that a lot of the old timers checked back in for the series. Good to see PANATsfan, Frau, Coladar, Hatorihanzo, and several others.  Check in once in a while . . .

Offline mitlen

« Reply #495: October 13, 2017, 08:49:20 PM »
may stink that we lost, but it is good that a lot of the old timers checked back in for the series. Good to see PANATsfan, Frau, Coladar, Hatorihanzo, and several others.  Check in once in a while . . .

TigerFan and Displaced Bucco

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #496: October 14, 2017, 11:13:05 AM »
Sportsnyancat.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #497: January 15, 2018, 12:44:40 PM »
So, wife's care threw some codes and a flashing check engine light on Friday. Codes basically read a bad piston. So fearing the worse, she took it to one of the local shops in Chantilly.

CAme back it was simply a bad evap seal on one of the cylinders. This is probably why it's been throwing an evap leak code for a while.

Whitey's in Chantilly charged $50 to fix it. Felt good to not get charged an arm and a leg for an issue. Maybe it's only a temporary fix, but right now it feelsgoodbrah

EDIT - First good vibe post of 2018

Offline Slateman

« Reply #498: January 29, 2018, 08:19:46 AM »
To the bus driver that helped the lady with her groceries at the Pan Am shopping center last night. I saw that. You're the man. I ain't gonna call your bosses because more than likely you broke some rule about leaving the bus. But it was pretty freaking cool of you to help her out.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #499: January 29, 2018, 01:50:05 PM »
:clap:
To the bus driver that helped the lady with her groceries at the Pan Am shopping center last night. I saw that. You're the man. I ain't gonna call your bosses because more than likely you broke some rule about leaving the bus. But it was pretty freaking cool of you to help her out.