Author Topic: Bryce Harper artwork  (Read 10495 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Bryce Harper artwork
« Reply #75: February 10, 2011, 01:37:25 AM »
Good luck! Can't wait to see the finished artwork.

Offline Sharp

« Reply #76: February 10, 2011, 01:05:31 PM »
These are really incredible.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #77: February 28, 2011, 09:30:31 PM »
thanks...here's the latest pic.  starting to add a lot of the detail and shading to his face and other arm.  but, still a lot to do.  sometimes, with watercolors it's 2 steps forward and 5 steps back getting colors to blend...so, doing facial features can be rather time consuming I'm afraid.  but, i'll do my best to keep everyone updated with how its coming along!

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #78: February 28, 2011, 09:32:09 PM »
Don't you think you should make one of him swinging and missing to immortalize his first at bat?   :lol:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #79: February 28, 2011, 09:32:21 PM »
The expression in his eyes is incredible. Your posts are always welcome!

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #80: February 28, 2011, 09:36:44 PM »
i think bryce will do a lot of swinging and missing in big league camp.  once he's in minor league camp and seeing some less advanced pitching -- then you'll start to really see him do some damage.  can't wait to see him play in person this spring (hopefully if he does, in fact, land in hagerstown).

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #81: February 28, 2011, 11:53:01 PM »
Hagerstown?  I could live with that :P

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #82: March 01, 2011, 12:07:09 AM »
yeah, that's the prevailing thought on where he'll start the season.  i know potomac is also a possibility, but considering all the promotions that hagerstown has put together featuring Harper, i fully expect Harper to be stationed in the SAL for at least the 1st half of the season.  if he rakes in hagerstown, i don't think the nats are going to be in a huge rush to send him to harrisburg...but would be a real test to see how he handles AA pitching as an 18-yr old.  i would say june of '12 is the absolute earliest Harper sees a Nats uni in the regular season -- i think that would save them a year of service time if they wait til june of '12 or '13...but, i could be wrong there.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #83: March 01, 2011, 01:17:10 AM »
Nothing much to add except this beautiful painting looks more amazing every time you post. The final version is clearly going to be astounding, a print thats a must-own for Nats fans. I suspect when you finish it you'll have a hefty amount of orders for prints. Definitely keep posting the updates, I enjoy seeing how the process works and changes made between versions. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #84: March 01, 2011, 01:39:34 AM »
yeah, that's the prevailing thought on where he'll start the season.  i know potomac is also a possibility, but considering all the promotions that hagerstown has put together featuring Harper, i fully expect Harper to be stationed in the SAL for at least the 1st half of the season.  if he rakes in hagerstown, i don't think the nats are going to be in a huge rush to send him to harrisburg...but would be a real test to see how he handles AA pitching as an 18-yr old.  i would say june of '12 is the absolute earliest Harper sees a Nats uni in the regular season -- i think that would save them a year of service time if they wait til june of '12 or '13...but, i could be wrong there.
I could live with that because I love close to Hagerstown, and it'd be easy for me to go to some games ;)

Offline Nick the Pig

« Reply #85: March 01, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »

You're missing a step there.  If he rakes in Hagerstown, there's little reason to keep him there for half a season.  Advanced A ball Potomac would be his next stop.  And then onto AA Harrisburg.

The painting is looking good, btw.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #86: March 08, 2011, 01:03:56 AM »
Yeah, when I said the Nats probably wouldn't be in a rush to send Harper to Harrisburg, that's what I was getting at...that they would more than likely keep moving him a class at a time, and would hit Potomac next -- sorry, should have specified what I meant there.  I was essentially getting at the idea that I'm sure they will be very careful with him to make sure he's not "rushed" to the big leagues and higher classes before he's ready.

Anyways, wanted to pass along an updated pic of the painting.  I've got a few extra days off this week, so I'm hoping to make more progress later on in the week.  I mostly focused on toning down some shadows and adding some stronger hightlights today.  Added some skin tones that I can then add some shadows and highlights to later on as well.  Just pluggin' away.  Sometimes the detail work just takes a while to really come together.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #87: April 03, 2011, 11:36:08 PM »
Just a quick update.  Pic has a bit of a shadow at the top...so the painting looks a bit darker than it really is.  Plus, still some areas on his neck that I have to finish detailing with some lighter skin tones.  Still awaiting word from Hagerstown for the uniform decision...but don't know that I'll wait too much longer to make the decision.  Got tickets to see Harper in Lexington for 2 games...can't wait!

Offline Nathan

« Reply #88: April 03, 2011, 11:43:10 PM »
Coming along nicely :clap:

I'm sti amazed by people who have the talent to paint and draw like that.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #89: April 14, 2011, 11:03:34 PM »
Just got back from Lexington last night.  Took in 3 games in 2 nights...great stuff.  Had my customary front-row seats, almost right on top of the on deck circle.  Got to see Harper's 1st "official" professional home run last night, and almost wound up taking it home with me...but missed it by a matter of moments after a guy beat me to the exterior of the stadium.  Still a great moment, and I'm hoping Harper will sign my ticket through the mail...though he wasn't what one would consider "gracious" with signing autographs before or after the games I attended.  Wasn't all that many people there, so it's not like he was surrounded and bombarded with autograph hounds.  Oh well, still had an amazing time.  I've attached one of the hundreds of pics I took.

Anyone know how good he is at signing items through the mail?  Just curious.  Anyways, still awaiting word from the Suns...but will be "moving on" soon if I don't hear anything back sometime soon.  I'll be putting Harper in a "red" Nats jersey if I don't hear something from Hagerstown.  Take care everyone!

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #90: April 14, 2011, 11:26:30 PM »
Just got back from Lexington last night.  Took in 3 games in 2 nights...great stuff.  Had my customary front-row seats, almost right on top of the on deck circle.  Got to see Harper's 1st "official" professional home run last night, and almost wound up taking it home with me...but missed it by a matter of moments after a guy beat me to the exterior of the stadium.  Still a great moment, and I'm hoping Harper will sign my ticket through the mail...though he wasn't what one would consider "gracious" with signing autographs before or after the games I attended.  Wasn't all that many people there, so it's not like he was surrounded and bombarded with autograph hounds.  Oh well, still had an amazing time.  I've attached one of the hundreds of pics I took.

Anyone know how good he is at signing items through the mail?  Just curious.  Anyways, still awaiting word from the Suns...but will be "moving on" soon if I don't hear anything back sometime soon.  I'll be putting Harper in a "red" Nats jersey if I don't hear something from Hagerstown.  Take care everyone!

That's a good call, the Red jersey is universally liked.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #91: April 14, 2011, 11:42:56 PM »
Thanks, yeah...the red uni's look great, plus it would provide a really strong contrast to a white background on the painting.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #92: April 20, 2011, 11:19:50 PM »
Well, despite my best efforts the Suns don't appear to be in any hurry to discuss things, so I'm setting a "soft deadline" of next Friday (April 29).  After that, if I don't hear anything, I will be moving forward with finishing the painting in the Nats red jersey.  In the meantime, I'll try to qualm my dwindling patience and work on my other projects (painting for Dempster Family Foundation and painting of Anthony Robles...the one-legged Natl. Champion wrestler).

Sorry for all the delays on updates, but I wanted to give the Suns ample time to contact me to discuss things further.

Take care all!
Later,
Jason

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #93: April 20, 2011, 11:20:59 PM »
Well, despite my best efforts the Suns don't appear to be in any hurry to discuss things, so I'm setting a "soft deadline" of next Friday (April 29).  After that, if I don't hear anything, I will be moving forward with finishing the painting in the Nats red jersey.  In the meantime, I'll try to qualm my dwindling patience and work on my other projects (painting for Dempster Family Foundation and painting of Anthony Robles...the one-legged Natl. Champion wrestler).

Sorry for all the delays on updates, but I wanted to give the Suns ample time to contact me to discuss things further.

Take care all!
Later,
Jason

:clap:

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #94: April 27, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »
Okay, so I decided to jump the deadline a bit and started to add the "red" Nats uniform/hat, etc. to the Harper painting.  Too bad for the Suns I guess...apparently too busy to return any emails over the past few weeks.  Had great contact before the season started, and then...nothing.

Anyways, not a great deal of progress to share as I literally just started working on his hat about 1/2 an hour ago.  I'll be sure to post some new pics as more progress is made on the painting.  Thanks for everyone's interest, it's greatly appreciated!

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #95: April 27, 2011, 02:02:11 PM »
I actually have debated on changing the text on his bat.  Not sure if you guys have seen any close-up's of his bats, but they now read "The Fat Chik".  I took a few pics of it during the games...pretty funny!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #96: April 27, 2011, 02:18:07 PM »
I love the detail in his face.

You do some awesome work!

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #97: April 27, 2011, 11:06:02 PM »
Got to add some of the "base" color on his uniform and some of the initial detailing of his jersey.  Thought I'd pass along the updated pic.  Still have to add some elements (logos, patch(s), etc.) but a good start either way.  Sorry for the lower quality pic...but the glare on the drafting table causes some weird shadows sometimes.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #98: April 27, 2011, 11:09:38 PM »
Got to add some of the "base" color on his uniform and some of the initial detailing of his jersey.  Thought I'd pass along the updated pic.  Still have to add some elements (logos, patch(s), etc.) but a good start either way.  Sorry for the lower quality pic...but the glare on the drafting table causes some weird shadows sometimes.

I like how the shading on his undershirt changed - very good attention to detail.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #99: April 27, 2011, 11:15:33 PM »
Thanks, yeah, I'm still debating on changing the undershirt further.  In his photoday pics in his red jersey, he had the navy cutoff undershirt and then a red Nike undershirt over that.  So, I may try and hold true to that and make his one undershirt red.  In the meantime, I made it the grey Nike MLB undershirt...but, like I said, I may play around with that part a bit and see which I like better.  Thanks for noticing though!  Good eye!