Author Topic: Bryce Harper artwork  (Read 10494 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Bryce Harper artwork
« Reply #25: January 09, 2011, 11:05:48 PM »
How long have you been doing sports art?

It's fantastic.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #26: January 09, 2011, 11:07:06 PM »
haha, nope...the real deal of what the Giant's wall looks like out there.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #27: January 09, 2011, 11:08:13 PM »
Thanks...I've been doing sports art for about 8 years or so.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #28: January 10, 2011, 12:29:58 AM »
It's the LF wall in SF...I think a huge Chevron ad if I'm not mistaken.

Perfect background to really make that stand out. I think I still prefer the Harper piece, realizing it's still got a background left to add. Comparing the two right now, obviously the Zimmerman is much better, but when you add the background, that Harper watercolor is going to be fantastic.

I'm just curious, do you often use the SF backdrop of the Chevron ad in other action pieces? Like I said, it really makes the piece pop out and highlights Zimmerman's flying grab perfectly. I'd be shocked it that isn't a frequently used background for you. Not only for the reasons mentioned where it causes the player to pop out, but using watercolors, those cartoon cars were just made for them.

Thanks for posting the Zimmerman piece... As you can tell, I think we all enjoy your work, probably due as much to the rarity of painted sports stars as to your talent. You'd think you'd see it as fairly popular for sports fans, but I guess in this day and age, people would rather have a poster with an action photo than combining their favorite team and artwork into one bundle for household decoration. I know seeing your work has got me considering removing a poster from my Nats area at home with all the bobble heads, giveaways and crystal pieces given out to ST holders and replacing it with one of your pieces eventually.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #29: January 10, 2011, 08:36:14 AM »
Great artwork. Do you sell prints/copies of the Zimmerman piece?

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #30: January 10, 2011, 08:58:43 AM »
Honestly, I'm still not settled on whether or not I'll add a background for the Harper piece.  It all depends on what uniform he winds up in.  If the MiLB stuff falls through, I'm currently leaning towards one of the Nats new uniforms...possibly the red jersey, as it would give a very strong contrast to a white background.  But, will depend a great deal on what happens with either of the potential destinations for Harper's 1st full pro season.  And, in regards to the SF wall, it's actually the first and only time I've used that background in one of my paintings.

The Zimmerman, I should have stated, is actually an oil painting, and not a watercolor.  And, I don't currently have any prints available for it, but they will be available sometime very soon!  I will more than likely have them available in 11"x17" and 18"x24" (original size), but haven't decided just yet.  I'll be sure to post on here when I have everything up and ready to sell on the Zimmerman artwork!

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #31: January 10, 2011, 09:48:02 AM »
CincySportsart - just wanted to say thanks for posting and sharing your paintings.  You have some pretty amazing talent.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #32: January 10, 2011, 10:07:10 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate it!!

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #33: January 10, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »
It's the LF wall in SF...I think a huge Chevron ad if I'm not mistaken.

It's a GREAT background - imaginative, whimsical, really well-colored, imagination-catching. Let us know when prints are available; the walls of my dorm room are pretty empty!

EDIT: I didn't read Coladar's excellent description of the Chevron cars... agreed with him!

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #34: January 10, 2011, 10:17:12 AM »
I certainly will!  It should be within the next few weeks, if not sooner.  I'll be sure to post the link on here to the page on my website.  Thanks again for the compliments everyone!

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #35: January 11, 2011, 01:49:11 PM »
As promised, the Ryan Zimmerman prints are now available for purchase.  It's an open edition, so I basically will run prints of the painting as they are purchased.  But, each print will be signed (by me) and come with a COA and hologram.  Here's the link to buy a print:

http://www.cincysportsart.com/baseball/zimprints.html

They are available in 3 sizes: 8"x10", 11"x17", & 18"x24"  (The original size is 18"x24", so the smaller print sizes will possibly look slightly different, as the proportions change.)

Thanks for your interest everyone!

Take care,
Jason

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #36: January 11, 2011, 03:08:15 PM »
As promised, the Ryan Zimmerman prints are now available for purchase.  It's an open edition, so I basically will run prints of the painting as they are purchased.  But, each print will be signed (by me) and come with a COA and hologram.  Here's the link to buy a print:

http://www.cincysportsart.com/baseball/zimprints.html

They are available in 3 sizes: 8"x10", 11"x17", & 18"x24"  (The original size is 18"x24", so the smaller print sizes will possibly look slightly different, as the proportions change.)

Thanks for your interest everyone!

Take care,
Jason

I went to buy it (I think the Zimmerman one is absolutely fantastic, and my apartment wall needs some cool stuff), but the only option it let me pick was 8 by 10. I'd like an 18x24.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #37: January 11, 2011, 03:13:34 PM »
I went to buy it (I think the Zimmerman one is absolutely fantastic, and my apartment wall needs some cool stuff), but the only option it let me pick was 8 by 10. I'd like an 18x24.

Click the down arrow, the text is white so it looks blank but if you mouse over, then they show up.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #38: January 11, 2011, 03:14:28 PM »
Click the down arrow, the text is white so it looks blank but if you mouse over, then they show up.

Thanks! I'm an idiot.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #39: January 11, 2011, 03:17:25 PM »
Just bought an 18x24 glossy. Excited to get it! The Zimmerman painting is really amazing.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #40: January 11, 2011, 03:43:46 PM »
Yeah, sorry about the drop down list...for some reason it doesn't display correctly.  I've tinkered with it before and haven't had any luck with it.

I got the notification from PayPal, so once it's finalized, I'll get your print in the mail.

Thanks!  Hopefully you will be the first of many to buy prints of the Zimmerman painting!

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #41: January 11, 2011, 04:31:29 PM »
Hmmm... how much to ship to England? :)

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #42: January 11, 2011, 05:24:18 PM »
I'll do some checking and let you know.  Only shipped internationally once, and it was to an AFB in Japan.  But, I'll let you know!

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #43: January 11, 2011, 05:48:32 PM »
I'll do some checking and let you know.  Only shipped internationally once, and it was to an AFB in Japan.  But, I'll let you know!

I'll be moving back to the States and yet another bare-walled apartment in the summertime, a bit after the All-Star Break, so it would merely be a delay rather than an obstacle.

Online blue911

« Reply #44: January 11, 2011, 05:56:07 PM »
I'll be moving back to the States and yet another bare-walled apartment in the summertime, a bit after the All-Star Break, so it would merely be a delay rather than an obstacle.

I used to paint my walls with water colors. You don't have to be especially creative to used a slide projection and paint what you see.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #45: January 11, 2011, 06:36:20 PM »
I used to paint my walls with water colors. You don't have to be especially creative to used a slide projection and paint what you see.

It was boobs, right, that you painted because you wanted to see them?

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #46: January 11, 2011, 07:05:19 PM »
Hmmm... how much to ship to England? :)
Looks like shipping USPS at the 18"x24" size would run between $30 and $50 just for the shipping alone, so between $60-80 total for everything.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #47: January 12, 2011, 01:20:48 AM »
I forgot to post this earlier when you guys started discussing the Strasburg piece.  As you can see, the skin tones are much more "lively" than the old pic I had on my website.  Still quite a bit of detail left to add to his face, and I'm going to tone down some of the areas as they're a bit too "pink" right now.  Just a matter of doing some more blending and mixing of colors, and then adding the final shadows and highlights.  Plus, I'm just starting to get my site back up to date...busy holiday season at my full-time job, so I'm just now getting things back on track.  Still a long way to go on the Harper and Strasburg paintings, but they're coming along.

Offline cincysportsart

« Reply #48: January 12, 2011, 11:26:13 AM »
Hadn't had a chance to post the updated Harper pic to the website yet, but thought I'd pass along the latest in-progress photo.  Haven't added a great deal of detail, but it's still coming along.  Have to tone down some pinks in his face, but I still have a lot of shadows and highlights to add there, so that will take some time.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #49: January 12, 2011, 11:29:04 AM »
That looks really good - some of the shading before looked a little like his warpaint eyeblack.