Author Topic: Trade Vidro  (Read 4890 times)

Offline Dave B

Trade Vidro
« Topic Start: July 21, 2005, 08:19:23 AM »
Not to be reactionary, but rileyn brought up how he may be "hurting the team".  And if you believe in ESPN' Bill Simmons' "Patrick Ewing Theory".  Trading Vidro could be a valuable proposition for us.  I think there are a lot of teams who would want him.

Notably, the Red Sox. I think they are dying to replace Bellorn's Guzman-esque .207 avg in the lineup.  I dont really know what they have that we would want, or who we would replace vidro with.  Possibly a trade for Soriano.  It would definitely be a blockbuster.  Or maybe the Sox would just try to get Soriano themselves, and this becomes moot.

I'm not dying to trade Vidro, but it could be interesting and fun.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Trade Vidro
« Reply #1: July 21, 2005, 04:24:18 PM »
I'd have to say of all of our guys, I'd be the least torn up over losing Vidro.  Something about him, I dunno...  he just doesn't bring any fire to the game like a lot of the other guys.

Hayden

Trade Vidro
« Reply #2: July 21, 2005, 06:21:26 PM »
Not that I like the idea of trading Vidro, but if they were to trade him for a pitcher, they could possibly pick up Jerry Hairston Jr from the Cubs. He has been playing mostly center field for them, but played second for the Orioles and can lead off. Plus Hairston can steal bases, and is very good in the field.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Trade Vidro
« Reply #3: July 21, 2005, 07:54:19 PM »
Plus Hairston, when he plays on a regular basis, gets on base a lot...

Hayden

Trade Vidro
« Reply #4: July 21, 2005, 09:02:34 PM »
Personally I would like to see the Nat's pick up Hairston in not to be an off the bench player. Could start for Vidro or maybe even Guzman when they need a break.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Trade Vidro
« Reply #5: July 21, 2005, 09:17:02 PM »
To be honest, I like Hairston a lot better than I do Vidro. He would be a popular player in D.C. and fans would eventually be going Jose who when Vidro's name came up?

Hayden

Trade Vidro
« Reply #6: July 21, 2005, 10:31:55 PM »
My worry would be that Hairston has somewhat of an ego, and wants to be an everyday player, not a role player.

mar (AKA pasqual AKA JMG)

Trade Vidro
« Reply #7: July 22, 2005, 02:01:12 PM »
Doubt its something happens before the deadline.

Offseason is another matter. I like Vidro and he may well go back to being a gold glove type 2B who hits .300+ every season. its not really fair to judge him on the few games he's played this year and you suspect he won't really be in form until August as this is kinda like just outta spring traing for him now after missing 2 months.

He may also suffer the same fate as Baerga and Alomar and begin to deteriorate rapidly - who knows? Still, he's a quality guy and with nobody in the minors - forget Harris - you would have to get a legit all star type young 2B to replace him (whether in an actual trade for Vidro or acquired another way).

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Trade Vidro
« Reply #8: July 22, 2005, 02:57:40 PM »
Quote from: "Hayden"
My worry would be that Hairston has somewhat of an ego, and wants to be an everyday player, not a role player.

A major league baseball player with an ego? No way, please say it aint so....  :roll:

visionary

Trade Vidro
« Reply #9: July 22, 2005, 07:19:37 PM »
Man I like Hairston a lot, he was always one of my favorites for the few years that I followed the Orioles.

Hayden

Trade Vidro
« Reply #10: July 23, 2005, 01:09:08 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Quote from: "Hayden"

A major league baseball player with an ego? No way, please say it aint so....  :roll:

All have egos, but his sometimes will get in the way of his playing.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Trade Vidro
« Reply #11: July 24, 2005, 03:49:27 AM »
as far as I know, Vidro has a clause in his contract that allows him to Walk, if the team is not sold by the end of 2005.

Offline mjteggy05

Trade Vidro
« Reply #12: July 24, 2005, 01:00:13 PM »
The problem with Hairston is he has had injury issues just as much as Vidro it seems, or at least he did when he played full-time for the Orioles.

Montcobaseball

Trade Vidro
« Reply #13: July 24, 2005, 08:33:46 PM »
Trade him or not but you can trace the downfall of this team to THE day that he came off of the disabled list.  Doesn't seem realistic that he could be the cause but its a fact.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Trade Vidro
« Reply #14: July 24, 2005, 09:33:05 PM »
I have to agree about Vidro possibly being the cause. I cant believe that everyone has changed how they hit since he came back into the lineup. Is it something about Vidro that's affecting the team, or is it something deeper?

Offline UMDNats

Trade Vidro
« Reply #15: July 24, 2005, 10:30:51 PM »
ever since nick got hurt, the team has struggled getting in runs. i think he was a major part of the offense and a leader in the clubhouse.

we need to get him back for those clutch RISP hits.

BigRChurchfan

Trade Vidro
« Reply #16: July 25, 2005, 08:36:50 AM »
just to add to the pos. side of making this trade, Vidro takes the 0-6 Collar, in a 14 inning loss.

Diehard_Nationals_Fan

Trade Vidro
« Reply #17: July 27, 2005, 10:30:04 AM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
I'd have to say of all of our guys, I'd be the least torn up over losing Vidro.  Something about him, I dunno...  he just doesn't bring any fire to the game like a lot of the other guys.

Exactly the main reason I would love to see him go.  The sooner the better.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Trade Vidro
« Reply #18: July 27, 2005, 10:35:38 AM »
Yankees are looking for a better fielding center fielder.  How about Wilkerson and Vidro for Cano?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Trade Vidro
« Reply #19: July 27, 2005, 11:42:46 AM »
I kinda doubt the Yankees would do that deal, but George loves to have name players in his lineup and even if we know both Wilkerson and Vidro stink, they are name players. That trade might mean that Church finally gets a chance to play everyday, but then again, Frank is still the manager.