Author Topic: Matt Antonelli reports that Matt Antonelli has signed with the Nationals  (Read 3312 times)

Online Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
This is the future of sports media. Players will just announce stuff on twitter and their personal blogs. In 7 years or so when Strasburg is a free agent his twitter feed will look like this;

SStrasburg: Nationals and Yankees offer is nice but still have to think things over
SStrasburg: This might take a little more time this is a tough decision
SStrasburg: The Nationals and Yankees or still very much in it but their might be a mystery team
SStrasburg: I am going to sign with the Phillies
There's absolutely nothing funny nor acceptable about this.

Offline houston-nat

Hey, I get to talk about OOTP again!

In my OOTP game as the 2012 Brewers, I traded for some Padres guys and got Matt Antonelli as trade "filler." He spent a year in my AAA roster plugging along at about .290 before I had to call him up to serve as a backup/utility guy. He's done fine as a defensive sub. Only had 9 at-bats, so tiny sample size, but he's gone something like .333 avg/.555 obp.

Offline PatsNats28

Holy crap he went to St. Johns! I know where that is :)

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
This guy's blog is awesome.  I'm already a huge fan.  He's so honest about what it means to be a ballplayer trying to make it in the majors.  It's a really good window into that world.

People rag on these guys for making millions - after reading the tough road so many of them travel, the blog does give some balance and perspective.

Matt, if you're reading this, then best of luck to you in staying healthy and having a great season.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Who?

Johnny Antonelli. The last star pitcher for the New York Giants. He's found the miracle youth drug. Rizzo now negotiating with Willie Mays.

Offline janto01960

Matt was misdiagnosed for 2 years from the Padres Drs. He finally went to a Dr in Boston and found the problem. He had surgery to remove a cyst that formed in his wrist, he is now pain free for the first time in 2 years and looking foward to getting back to playing the way he did before the injury. He is very happy to be part of the Washington Nationals and cant wait to show the kind of player he can be.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Related to him?

We're excited to have him!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Thanks, Mr. or Ms. Antonelli ;)

We have player relatives that post here, and we don't tolerate any garbage towards them, either. Please feel welcome, and we are all excited to have Matt playing for our favorite organization. We have had chats before with Drew Storen and Collin Balester, so if Matt is up for it, we would love the chance to pick his brain.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Thanks, Mr. or Ms. Antonelli ;)

We have player relatives that post here, and we don't tolerate any garbage towards them, either. Please feel welcome, and we are all excited to have Matt playing for our favorite organization. We have had chats before with Drew Storen and Collin Balester, so if Matt is up for it, we would love the chance to pick his brain.

Seconded.

Welcome to DC! We love having players/family members post here!

Offline I can Throw

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you and Matt. I'm becoming a fan of him because of that blog.  I hope he has great success for the Nats, and for himself.

Offline hammondsnats

Welcome to DC.  He has a cult following on the internet for sure.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Welcome janto01960.  Matt is a very talented writer.  Hope he's over his injuries and we look forward to seeing him excel on the field this year for the Nats.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Welcome and good luck to Matt.  His getting back on track will help the Nats, so we all have a common interest in him doing well.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Welcome janto01960.  Matt is a very talented writer.  Hope he's over his injuries and we look forward to seeing him excel on the field this year for the Nats.

This! And get Matt over here for an interview if he's interested!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Welcome! We're delighted to have you and Matt. We're looking forward to rooting him on. We hope you continue to post here and tell Matt we'd love to do a chat sometime!

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Apologies. I was just being a wise-guy. I read Matt's blog, and I especially like him.

Offline I can Throw

Anyone else following him on FB? I just posted the question asking if he'll do an interview/chat with us on here.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Anyone else following him on FB? I just posted the question asking if he'll do an interview/chat with us on here.

Thanks!  Have him contact me or The Chief if he's interested.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Thanks!  Have him contact me or The Chief if he's interested.

Have him contact me and we'll split the finder's fee :money:

Offline I can Throw

Will do. As soon as I hear from him.

Offline John

His blog is great! I don't think he will have a problem with doing an interview here.

I especially liked this from the Blogging From The Bleachers entry, 2/2/2011 ---

What made you choose the Nationals? Will you be attending Spring Training with them? Rumor has it they’re still looking for a utility infielder. Do you think you could fill that role if given the chance?

The Nationals seemed to be one of the teams that was most interested in me, so it is always nice to go somewhere that really wants you. After speaking with a bunch of baseball people they all had nothing but great things to say about the Nationals organization and the people that ran it. They were a team where I could go to the minor leagues this year and get my at-bats to show I am fully healthy and can contribute. I will do whatever it is they ask of me, so if they want me to try and play a few positions I would definitely be willing to do that. Whatever it takes to get me back to the Major League level.

Offline I can Throw

Tom Terp or Chief, PM me with your email addresses and I'll have Matt contact you.

I can Throw!

Offline hammondsnats

can't have enough Antonelli on the front page.  BUMPING THIS THREAD IN HOPE WE BUMP HIM UP TO MLB!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Dude needs to be in the show.

What kind of award does a personal injury lawyer get(besides money)?

The Ambulance Drivers of America Man of the Year Award