Author Topic: Fire Rizzo  (Read 175997 times)

Offline PatsNats28

Re: Fire Rizzo
« Reply #125: July 31, 2011, 10:26:58 PM »
I love Barney. I love the fact that when I say Barney, I don't think of a purple dinosaur anymore

We've already proven how overrated Storen is to a lot of posters here. Today's game highlights it. He's average to above average. In retrospect, this draft pick was a reach. He probably would have been there in the second round. Could have had Mike Trout! :eek:

You could not be more wrong about Marquis. I'm astonished that we got a prospect and another team to eat his salary. The guy was miserable against the American League. He had to go to a NL team. On top of that, he has minimal playoff experience. He's a number four or five starter. He won't pitch in the post season except, maybe, in relief. We got something for him. We got something for a guy who was off the team come October. Good work.

Werth has not panned out and there's no way around that. He was never going to live up to his contract, but no one expected him to do this poorly. The last ten games however, he's been on a tear. Hitting over .300, crushing the ball, and driving in runs. He's on the way back. Too early to call it a failure.

Laroche was hurt. LaRoche is usually a .260-.270 hitter with 20+ homers and 80-100 RBIs. Oh, and his glove is top 5 among first basemen. I don't think its fair to call him a bust just yet. The fact is that the team should have told him to get the surgery as soon as they found out he had a tear. 

He put up those numbers in Double A. We had a 24 year old lefty who was putting up better numbers in Triple A. Rizzo got tunnel vision and forgot about Bourn. The Braves moved in and made a move. Paul Clemens is 23 and has a 1.3+ WHIP in Double A.

Bernadina, Milone and a couple other Double A prospects should have gotten us Bourn. The deal could have been done. It should have.

:clap: at the middle part.

@ the last part, i've been hearing that but i don't buy it. i don't think we know enough on the bourn front.