Author Topic: Wegmans vs Walgreens. Vs Nationals?  (Read 16367 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Wegmans vs Walgreens. Vs Nationals?
« Reply #50: November 09, 2010, 07:00:11 PM »
It has to be.  PANats says it is.  He is now the god of grocery stores.  I have deemed it so.
My Weis is much better than the Food Lion nearby.  More organic / foodie type stuff, plus an entire "ethnic" aisle.  With sections in the aisle like "Japanese," "Jewish," "Irish," "Hispanic," etc.  Of course almost half of it is tacos ("Mexican") and spaghetti sauce ("Italian")

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #51: November 09, 2010, 07:01:06 PM »
My Weis is much better than the Food Lion nearby.  More organic / foodie type stuff, plus an entire "ethnic" aisle.  With sections in the aisle like "Japanese," "Jewish," "Irish," "Hispanic," etc.  Of course almost half of it is tacos ("Mexican") and spaghetti sauce ("Italian")

to be fair, there are nice Weises and ghetto weises, but I find the ghetto to nice ratio is not a good one. Giant Eagle is a good store.

They call Food Lion Bloom around here and it sucks and is always empty.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #52: November 09, 2010, 07:03:49 PM »
My Weis is much better than the Food Lion nearby.  More organic / foodie type stuff, plus an entire "ethnic" aisle.  With sections in the aisle like "Japanese," "Jewish," "Irish," "Hispanic," etc.  Of course almost half of it is tacos ("Mexican") and spaghetti sauce ("Italian")

Food Lion turned into Bloom for me...same company just a much better setup.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #53: November 09, 2010, 07:04:05 PM »
to be fair, there are nice Weises and ghetto weises, but I find the ghetto to nice ratio is not a good one. Giant Eagle is a good store.

They call Food Lion Bloom around here and it sucks and is always empty.
The Food Lion in Walkersville was changed to a Bloom, but I've never been in one.  I actually used to work at Food Lion.

My Weis was just built so it's one of the nicer ones.  The spot where they built it was sought after for years by Wal-Mart but the town kept blocking them from building one there, so finally Weis bought the land and built the store.

The big reason I like it is because it is open 24/7 so I can go shop at midnight when I get off of work and not have to worry about lines or too many people in the store.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #54: November 09, 2010, 07:06:38 PM »
Just looked and it appears Weis completely uprooted from Virginia but is still strong in MD and WV.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #55: November 09, 2010, 07:20:28 PM »
Weird, I thought Bloom was formerly Magruder's.

I've never even seen a Weis in my life.  There's mostly nothing but boring ass Giant and Safeway in my neck of the woods.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #56: November 09, 2010, 07:22:12 PM »
Weird, I thought Bloom was formerly Magruder's.

I've never even seen a Weis in my life.  There's mostly nothing but boring ass Giant and Safeway in my neck of the woods.
Then you've never tasted "Weis UP!" the best damn soda you can buy for $2.25 per 12 pack