Author Topic: Non-alcoholic Drinks  (Read 29970 times)

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
Re: Soft Drinks
« Reply #75: November 18, 2010, 12:42:07 PM »
I can't find an ibrik anywhere (the pot you use for turkish coffee).  I tried looking for anything similar in Wal-Mart to no avail.
They look sort of like this usually
I might just have to order one online from Amazon or something, but I hate ordering online.  I like instant gratification!
          They have them in the World Market stores and sometimes in Pier One stores..... :popcorn:

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #76: November 18, 2010, 12:51:58 PM »
 I like the non-alcholic Sangria they sell in the International Aisles in Giant, and also they have it in Shoppers. I like alot of the Spanish Soft Drinks -very different flavors - Cocoanut soda, ginger soda, tamarin soda, pineapple soda,strawberry soda, guva soda, etc.   Not as much sugar, but tastes really good.           
  I also like the French expresso coffee, so thick you can cut it with a knife; and the French Hot Chocolate -where you have to eat it with a spoon -really, really good.  :cheers:

Offline blue911

« Reply #77: November 18, 2010, 12:55:31 PM »
I once had an East German cola, tasted like burnt rubber smells.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #78: November 18, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »
          They have them in the World Market stores and sometimes in Pier One stores..... :popcorn:
There is a decent selection on e-bay

Offline CatsEye

« Reply #79: November 18, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »
I once had an East German cola, tasted like burnt rubber smells.
               Unlike a West German cola, that has that tingling fresh smell of freedom....eh?  :mg:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #80: November 18, 2010, 02:28:24 PM »
just wanna say that those huge 99-cent Brisk Iced Teas at 7-11 are the BEST. DEAL. EVER.

Offline 2IPAs

• Barbie luvs the Nationals!
« Reply #81: November 18, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »
Gatorade is my go-to drink after a night on the town. I suck down a glass of V-8 Fusion almost every day now, which contains 2 of your 5 fruit/veggie servings.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #82: November 18, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »
just wanna say that those huge 99-cent Brisk Iced Teas at 7-11 are the BEST. DEAL. EVER.

A 2 liter?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #83: November 18, 2010, 03:10:06 PM »
I may have to try some Turkish coffee.  I've have Cuban a time or two and that activated my Go Go Gadget bowel movements.

I laughed out loud.

This would be a good time to point out that my mother is Turkish, makes Turkish coffee, and knows how to tell fortunes from the coffee grounds ... but that I am a bad son and didn't learn any of it. :(

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #84: November 18, 2010, 11:04:53 PM »
I laughed out loud.

This would be a good time to point out that my mother is Turkish, makes Turkish coffee, and knows how to tell fortunes from the coffee grounds ... but that I am a bad son and didn't learn any of it. :(
Ask her if there is a bike in the basement of the Alamo?  :)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #85: November 18, 2010, 11:07:17 PM »
I laughed out loud.

She should have seen that coming.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #86: November 18, 2010, 11:10:47 PM »
:lmao:

PA's been on tonight.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #87: November 26, 2010, 11:32:48 AM »
I drive the I-95 corridor so much that when I picked up a Mao Feng Keemun to go from a shop in New Haven, the counter person said "Congratulations [JCA], your next cup of tee is on us." 

If you are interested in mail ordering tea, I've found Rishi Teas to be quite good.  Lot's of organic stuff if that means something to you.  Not a bargain, but not out of line.  Blue State coffee (where I stopped) has Rishi teas, and the Mao Feng Keemun is quite good.  Sweet, full body, rich taste.  I think they carry New Vithanakanda Estate from Sri Lanka, which is just incredible stuff.  Wonderful balance. A nice touch of citrus to it, but otherwise is like a good Keemun.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88: January 19, 2011, 10:54:52 PM »
Had a few interesting teas at an in office going away party this afternoon.   One was an Assam from the Jagadamba tea garden, which was rich, dark and sweet. This is a coffee drinker tea.  Classic Assam that I picked up at Old Town Coffee , Tea , and Spice in Alexandria on union Street near Duke. The other that was very good was a first flush darjeeling (I have the name at work).  Very green and light.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #89: January 19, 2011, 10:57:37 PM »
Never really drank all that much tea, aside from occasional Lipton hot tea when sick or iced tea, which I love but can never seem to make it so that it tastes good at home.  I actually use Crystal Lite packets at work.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #90: January 19, 2011, 11:17:40 PM »
GOLD PEAK TEA!  The Best.  Like Honest Tea next

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #91: January 19, 2011, 11:47:53 PM »
dominion ginger ale, man how i miss going to ashburn to pick up a case every few weeks.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #92: January 20, 2011, 12:08:29 AM »
Years of bad bullcrap coffee finally turned me into a tea drinker. 

Offline saltydad

« Reply #93: January 20, 2011, 01:10:31 AM »
I love Lapsang Souchong (sp?) but haven't been able to find it locally in years.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94: January 20, 2011, 08:24:21 AM »
Years of bad bullcrap coffee finally turned me into a tea drinker. 
I'm a tea addict.  Have been since high school. Drink coffee, especially Dunkins, too, but tea is the stuff I spend time chasing down regions, estates, and the like. 

I love Lapsang Souchong (sp?) but haven't been able to find it locally in years.
For loose leaf teas to buy for home or office, I go to either Old Town Coffee, Tea, and Spice or Teaism locally. OTCTS has better prices and variety.  I also think you could find tins and maybe bags from Twinings at World Market or maybe Whole Foods.

For a cup, Teaism.  Just walk in and ask for it.  The Teaism on 8th and D NW by Archives does not list all its teas on its menu, just a mix of 10 or so, but they have all their teas available.  The original Teaism is up in Dupont Circle, and there is one at Lafayette Park at Conn & H.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #95: January 20, 2011, 09:34:45 AM »
I've been drinking Jones "Zilch" Soda recently.  Pomegranate and Vanilla Bean are both exceptional.  Haven't found Black Cherry yet.

Jones does a good Green Apple soda too (available, at least till recently, at Harris Teeter).

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #96: January 20, 2011, 09:43:22 AM »

Still available from Twinings: http://www.twiningsusashop.com/lapsang-souchong.html (click on 'Where to Buy' in upper right hand corner for outlets).

Offline Nathan

« Reply #97: January 20, 2011, 03:10:38 PM »
Ok, seriously.  How do you make iced tea?  Mine is always either too strong and bitter or too weak with no flavor :?

Offline blue911

« Reply #98: January 20, 2011, 04:18:50 PM »
Ok, seriously.  How do you make iced tea?  Mine is always either too strong and bitter or too weak with no flavor :?

I use one tea bag per 16oz glass and let them sit until the water cools.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #99: January 20, 2011, 05:33:40 PM »
Boil 2 quarts of water, use 4 bags, and let it sit for like an hour?