Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103740 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Just about any auto insurance ad that says "people who switched saved on average $..."  I mean, WTF?  People would switch to a MORE expensive policy when they have the choice?  heck, I'd be more impressed if an insurer said "People came to us even when we were more expensive because you can pick up the phone and actually get some help and a check in a reasonable amount of time, and we aren't going to jerk you around when your car has a ton of damage in an accident.  We'll total it, and not give you a hassle.  Try getting that from GEICO, Allstate, or Progressive."

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Just about any auto insurance ad that says "people who switched saved on average $..."  I mean, WTF?  People would switch to a MORE expensive policy when they have the choice?  heck, I'd be more impressed if an insurer said "People came to us even when we were more expensive because you can pick up the phone and actually get some help and a check in a reasonable amount of time, and we aren't going to jerk you around when your car has a ton of damage in an accident.  We'll total it, and not give you a hassle.  Try getting that from GEICO, Allstate, or Progressive."

Win.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Nice, I got to see Meghan McCain while I'm posting here. Anyway, I always go for the cheapest insurance company, then when I have a claim and they screw me, I change. I think a local, human insurance agent is probably the way to get reasonable service.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
In watching the Bears/Seahawks game it reminded me to post those stupid "Man Up" Miller Lite ads in here as well as those dopey fake coach press conference ads (I turn the channel so quickly that I'm not even sure what beer it is - but I should so I know never to buy any and support that advertising).

Offline PANatsFan

In watching the Bears/Seahawks game it reminded me to post those stupid "Man Up" Miller Lite ads in here as well as those dopey fake coach press conference ads (I turn the channel so quickly that I'm not even sure what beer it is - but I should so I know never to buy any and support that advertising).

The bartenders are awfully purty.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
The bartenders are awfully purty.

No doubt.  But the sheer stupidity of the ads make me vomit and far outweigh the hot bartenders.  I can come to the BWT and get the same hot chicks without the stupid advertising that makes me angry.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I'm pretty sure most companies sell total replacement value insurance... it's just expensive as hell.

But I get your point.

Just about any auto insurance ad that says "people who switched saved on average $..."  I mean, WTF?  People would switch to a MORE expensive policy when they have the choice?  heck, I'd be more impressed if an insurer said "People came to us even when we were more expensive because you can pick up the phone and actually get some help and a check in a reasonable amount of time, and we aren't going to jerk you around when your car has a ton of damage in an accident.  We'll total it, and not give you a hassle.  Try getting that from GEICO, Allstate, or Progressive."

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I'm going to steal that. Just wanted you to know. Would that upset your friend's father's memory?
No, of course not.  But if you see a ghost of some guy with a bit white beard and outback style hat sitting at your kitchen table, grading term papers and smoking a big ass pipe, then you might want to stop :lol:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Anything with Ray Lewis in it.

Offline GburgNatsFan

I'll keep that in mind, but he sounds like a great guy to have a conversation with...

No, of course not.  But if you see a ghost of some guy with a bit white beard and outback style hat sitting at your kitchen table, grading term papers and smoking a big ass pipe, then you might want to stop :lol:

Offline blue911

Anything with Ray Lewis in it.

"Buy this crap or one of my boys will cap your punk ass"

Offline PANatsFan

"Buy this, or I might conceivably kill you. Think about it!"

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
"Buy this, or I might conceivably kill you. Think about it!"

A man takes responsibility.   A punk hides.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I don't play fantasy football!  I play for real football!

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
I really hate those commercials with that hipster douchebag for State Farm insurance where he's standing there talking or walking around a cafe or ballpark or whatever and the camera follows other people in the scene on and off. He is so swarmy. He needs to wash his hair or something.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Worse yet is the one where he's in the ballpark and the fans they focus on look like they just came up out of Mom's basement for the day, then talk about saving money at lunch so they can buy a ticket to the game... Like a Good Neighbor. Yeah. I want that guy as my neighbor...

I really hate those commercials with that hipster douchebag for State Farm insurance where he's standing there talking or walking around a cafe or ballpark or whatever and the camera follows other people in the scene on and off. He is so swarmy. He needs to wash his hair or something.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Worse yet is the one where he's in the ballpark and the fans they focus on look like they just came up out of Mom's basement for the day, then talk about saving money at lunch so they can buy a ticket to the game... Like a Good Neighbor. Yeah. I want that guy as my neighbor...

If that guy were my neighbor I would probably have to break into his house and throw the dryer for his frizzy hair in the bath tub while he was taking a bubbler. (Just 'cause you know he does.)

Anyone else notice the black guy outside the cafe that looks like 'why are you filming me?'? It's obviously planned, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

Offline PANatsFan

I hate that it's at a Red Sox game. Baseball themed commercials are always Yankees, Red Sox, or Cubs.

Offline GburgNatsFan

And then Blondie-the-Fine-Arts-grad-student who's working at this crappy coffee shop because, you know, she's a FINE ARTS student, and almost gets run into by Greasehead who isn't looking where he is going because he's LOOKING INTO THE CAMERA...

If that guy were my neighbor I would probably have to break into his house and throw the dryer for his frizzy hair in the bath tub while he was taking a bubbler. (Just 'cause you know he does.)

Anyone else notice the black guy outside the cafe that looks like 'why are you filming me?'? It's obviously planned, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

Offline GburgNatsFan

They have  a B on their hat, but it ain't the Boston B. The park is too new to be Fenway... I'll have to look again, but frankly, it looked a bit like Nats park (the concourse in the background)...
I hate that it's at a Red Sox game. Baseball themed commercials are always Yankees, Red Sox, or Cubs.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
The band going for Chicken McNuggets

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
They have  a B on their hat, but it ain't the Boston B. The park is too new to be Fenway... I'll have to look again, but frankly, it looked a bit like Nats park (the concourse in the background)...
Can't be Nats Park or else the hats would have had a Phillies logo.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
"To the cloud".  Every time one comes on I want to set myself on fire.

Offline GburgNatsFan

:D
Can't be Nats Park or else the hats would have had a Phillies logo.

Offline DPMOmaha

In watching the Bears/Seahawks game it reminded me to post those stupid "Man Up" Miller Lite ads in here as well...
The "skinny jeans" one they just played is the worst of the bunch, IMO.