Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 104983 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Anyone else notice that the same woman has featured in no less than 4 recent commercials?  No idea what her name is but the commercials are:

-Woman and BF/Husband(?) trying to decide between off-roading in their Subaru wagon or shopping for clothes
-Woman and her BF sending each other obnoxious etch-a-sketch texts on their Samsung phones
-Woman can't sleep (ZzQuil, I think)
-Woman saving money by shopping at Aldi (I might have this one mixed up, saw it for the first time last night)

The commercials themselves aren't all necessarily smashy, but the phenomenon is rather strange.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Anyone else notice that the same woman has featured in no less than 4 recent commercials?  No idea what her name is but the commercials are:

-Woman and BF/Husband(?) trying to decide between off-roading in their Subaru wagon or shopping for clothes
-Woman and her BF sending each other obnoxious etch-a-sketch texts on their Samsung phones
-Woman can't sleep (ZzQuil, I think)
-Woman saving money by shopping at Aldi (I might have this one mixed up, saw it for the first time last night)

The commercials themselves aren't all necessarily smashy, but the phenomenon is rather strange.

Is this her?

https://www.ispot.tv/topic/actor-actress/uS/cyrina-fiallo

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Sure is.  Did I just get out-interneted by Mitlen? :P

Offline mitlen

He's nappin'.    I'm his evil twin Jeffrey.

Online GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Kicked your ass. :hysterical:

Offline mitlen

Kicked your ass. :hysterical:

Mitlen told me to take care of his light work 'til he wakes up.

Your pal,
Jeffrey

;)

Offline mitlen

"Wachu want?"    Makin' a play into the Top 40.

Offline dcpatti

Smoky mountain barbecuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeee.

Reba, what happened? Did you run out of money?

Offline mitlen

Smoky mountain barbecuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeee.

Reba, what happened? Did you run out of money?

:spit:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
In the opposite spirit of this thread I have to give a :thumbs: to the Geico commercial with the manatees wearing the novelty t-shirts, seeing manatees wearing "Come at Me Bro" and "I'm with Stupid" tshirts cracks me up every time it comes on :crackup:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Only in Florida .....

In the opposite spirit of this thread I have to give a :thumbs: to the Geico commercial with the manatees wearing the novelty t-shirts, seeing manatees wearing "Come at Me Bro" and "I'm with Stupid" tshirts cracks me up every time it comes on :crackup:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Only in Florida .....

Oh come on this can't possibly be a Florida-specific commercial! Have none of you seen it?

Offline mitlen

Oh come on this can't possibly be a Florida-specific commercial! Have none of you seen it?

Take this "happy sh**" someplace else.    :)     I've seen it and it's as dumb as most of their commercials.    Thinking about it though   ...  GEICO, Allstate, AFLAC, Farmers, etc.    Ain't whole lot of there in any of 'em.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Take this "happy sh**" someplace else.    :)     I've seen it and it's as dumb as most of their commercials.    Thinking about it though   ...  GEICO, Allstate, AFLAC, Farmers, etc.    Ain't whole lot of there in any of 'em.

How do you not smile when you see those manatees in those tshirts??? That's funny I tell ya!

Offline mitlen

How do you not smile when you see those manatees in those tshirts??? That's funny I tell ya!

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeriste   :smh:      I'm a-feered we've lost ya.

Offline dcpatti

I like the farmers ones because it's super weird to see JK Simmons playing the polished, presentable keeper of the weird Farmers trivia when he also was the leader of the nazi skinhead prison gang in Oz.

Online GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

I liked it too. Mitlen is in full-curmudgeon today.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Nothing like this has been seen on the Raleigh or Norfolk stations

Offline mitlen

Alright, who's gettin' tired of the Volvo outer space commercial?    I swear the song sounds like Lou Reed.

Offline Natsinpwc

I'm not even sure what this commercial is about but they have been showing it during the NCAA games.  Woman is all harried at the office.  Then they show her happily teleworking from some cute country house.  And she is wearing high heels and dressy pants and blouse.  Yea, all the women dress like that when they work from home. 

Tori Kelly is darn cute (had to look her up because I don't know country music) but I am getting tired of her on that Nationwide commercial.  Almost as tired of her as I am of Peyton.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Common doing what appears to be a TED talk on artificial intelligence.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
The stupid car commercial "I always dreamed of doing something special for my mom...I think night skiing is it!" "Then we shall make it happen!" and off mom and daughter go to ski down a hill at night. I thought ok, maybe the point is this car is really good outdoors, took her to a place she couldn't get otherwise.  Doubtful and stupid, but whatever.  Now the new commercial is a photographer in a flippin' city "I've always wanted to do a show of all the faces that make our city great" "Then we shall make it happen!" and now the lady is smiling in her art gallery full of faces.  WTF you don't need a special car for that :bang: Is the point of these commercials basically "our car company will pay for that cool thing you want to do, you just have to show our car at some point near where you're doing it?"  WHAT THE F IS THE POINT OF THESE COMMERCIALS????

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
the commercial about earth stopping spinning is beyond annoying.

Dilly dilly.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
The stupid car commercial.  WHAT THE F IS THE POINT OF THESE COMMERCIALS????

You remember it, right?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
You remember it, right?

I could not tell you what car it was telling me to buy if my life depended on it. The car take a back seat (haha) to whatever stupid wonderful deed they're doing for the person.