Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 105499 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I've officially had enough of the groundskeeper singing some sappy ballad over the open mic on the field.

Online HalfSmokes

The radio ads for real estate agents- they all have buyers in waiting eager to snap up your house for above listing- are they really advertising based on being terrible buyer's agents?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I've officially had enough of the groundskeeper singing some sappy ballad over the open mic on the field.

Me too

Offline wj73

The new Range Rover ad with the white wolf-y looking guard dogs who start out being fierce, but who seem to turn into submissive urinators when faced with a Range Rover and meekly allow it past a security gate.

Huh?????

Offline LoveAngelos

In modern parlance the commercial might say "Nobody F's with me"

Offline Count Walewski

The GEICO commercial with the Mets pitcher, which they play during Nationals games.

Offline NatNasty

https://www.easterns.com/inventory/Used-2006-Lamborghini-Gallardo-ZHWGU22N76LA03857/

But they have a lambo- clearly classy

Clinton Portis' old car??

I can't stand the Wells Fargo ad with the Nervous Nellie in the backseat of a cab, freaking out about her friend's lost debit card.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
In modern parlance the commercial might say "Nobody F's with me"

My neighbor fishes almost weekly with Jhoon Rhee's son, they go kayaking at Riverbend Park and have been hammering fat smallmouth the past few weeks.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
My neighbor fishes almost weekly with Jhoon Rhee's son, they go kayaking at Riverbend Park and have been hammering fat smallmouth the past few weeks.
you know the best way to prepare bass is in one of these:
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/snl40-bassomatic/2847141?snl=1

Online Natsinpwc

Surprised to learn that if you are woman and drive a VW you can immediately go from being a cube dweller to Vice President of the company.

Offline dracnal

The ones that really annoy the piss out of me are the Icebreakers commercials featuring Unicorns. Given that the people are women or minorities, the message I end up getting is 'If you're not a white guy, you better have a Unicorn to help you get ahead in life.' I'm sure that no one had that message in mind, but it's how it strikes me and it drives me nuts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Online Natsinpwc

The ones that really annoy the piss out of me are the Icebreakers commercials featuring Unicorns. Given that the people are women or minorities, the message I end up getting is 'If you're not a white guy, you better have a Unicorn to help you get ahead in life.' I'm sure that no one had that message in mind, but it's how it strikes me and it drives me nuts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It also discriminates against Narwalls.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
And if you're a VW engineer that does what your VP tell you to do, you can go to jail while they enjoy that executive privilege.

Surprised to learn that if you are woman and drive a VW you can immediately go from being a cube dweller to Vice President of the company.

Offline dcpatti

It's a radio and pandora commercial but that Tide commercial with the shirt shirt shirt shirt tomato soup screeching makes me want to smash my tv anyway because all electronics must pay for that abomination.

Online HalfSmokes

Apparently strayer is nice because they give you a crappy laptop that's yours to keep after only 14 k in tuition

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
If we can do radio ads, then I literally have 100

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
It's a radio and pandora commercial but that Tide commercial with the shirt shirt shirt shirt tomato soup screeching makes me want to smash my tv anyway because all electronics must pay for that abomination.

Omg yes yes yes this this this I want to throw my radio out the window when that comes on at work, omg it's the worst commercial EVER

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
you know the best way to prepare bass is in one of these:
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/snl40-bassomatic/2847141?snl=1

I wish he had used a bass instead of a white perch, but yeah, so I am told. 

:lol:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
CIGNA  ...  TV doctors

Offline NatNasty

The BoA commercial I saw for the first time tonight is awful.  What is with the annoying bank ads?  I'm going to have to start burying mason jars in the back yard if they keep it up.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
I know a few of you saw this last night during the game, I assume only those watching via FiOS. There was one of those cheaply made commercials for an estate planning lawyer that starts with parents telling their teenage kids that they are heading out, and that they've left money for pizza.  As the narrator explains the need for estate planning, you see a police officer arrive at the door, and after he's let in by the kids, everyone breaks down crying, implying that the parents have been killed.

I can't think of a worse commercial that i've ever seen.

Online Natsinpwc

I know a few of you saw this last night during the game, I assume only those watching via FiOS. There was one of those cheaply made commercials for an estate planning lawyer that starts with parents telling their teenage kids that they are heading out, and that they've left money for pizza.  As the narrator explains the need for estate planning, you see a police officer arrive at the door, and after he's let in by the kids, everyone breaks down crying, implying that the parents have been killed.

So. I assume you didn't call them for planning advice?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
So. I assume you didn't call them for planning advice?

Uh no. :)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
the Geico "triangle solo" commercial  :evil: there is no more annoying sound than a triangle with no other instrument being played and I feel like an ice pick is piercing my brain when it comes on  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline dcpatti

The Budweiser one promoting designated drivers is equally bad, but told from the point of view of the dog left behind when dipcrap owner goes out boozing. Run that in the middle of I Am Legend, why don’t you? Smh.