Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 103578 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I'm a sucker for animals as spokeswhatevers, so I like the llama, but it has as much to do with BofA and banking as South Park's Panda has to do with sexual harassment. The llama should have a guest appearance on the Island of the Misfit Mascots next episode. 

"Marco"

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
just heard a commercial for something called "Bootie Max."  Does Erica know?

I wonder if Bootie Max is related to Two Sentences Max?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
just heard a commercial for something called "Bootie Max."  Does Erica know?

I wonder if Bootie Max is related to Two Sentences Max?

Mad Max, I believe.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
The Lexus commercial with the obnoxiously loud parents waking up their children to go find their new car outside is back :hang:

Offline HalfSmokes

I don't trust car marketing if the thrust of it is 'buy your spouse a present.' If I came home with a Mercedes with a bow (and the note that goes with it), I wouldn't get a hug, I'd get kicked in the nuts

Offline dracnal

I don't trust car marketing if the thrust of it is 'buy your spouse a present.' If I came home with a Mercedes with a bow (and the note that goes with it), I wouldn't get a hug, I'd get kicked in the nuts

Wait... you mean... you expect to make major financial and life choices in conjunction with your spouse rather than for the hell of it? All these years... I've been so wrong. I see the light now.

Offline mitlen

The Lexus commercial with the obnoxiously loud parents waking up their children to go find their new car outside is back :hang:

I say again, "Nothing is more obnoxious than the hipster Chevy commercials.    Thank you.   That is all."    :)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Car commercials have always been eye-roll worthy but the trend towards every single big-budget movie having a car commercial where the car somehow has anything to do with the movie is completely pants-on-head stupid.  Dodge Chargers in the Hunger Games?  SUVs in a space movie?  I didn't think this stuff could get any more bald-faced.  I was wrong.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
The Lexus commercials are awfully close. Seasonal, thank God, but awfully close.

I say again, "Nothing is more obnoxious than the hipster Chevy commercials.    Thank you.   That is all."    :)

Offline mitlen

The Lexus commercials are awfully close. Seasonal, thank God, but awfully close.

I haven't paid much attention to them  ...  yet.   I will to get a feel for 'em.    Maybe it's because 1) the Chevy commercials are all over sport's programming and  2) I can afford a Chevy.    :)

Offline HalfSmokes

The worst are the Ford commercials with their military grade aluminium- military grade for what? It could just as easily imply for aluminium foil as for a tank component

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Toyota's "You don't Own Me" commercial makes zero sense to me-rollerbladers?  chefs being angry, various other annoying people singing this song, why on earth does that make me want your stupid Corolla, Toyota???

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
The new most interesting man in the world commercial is horrible. Played college football in high school?  Seriously?  How about "the NFL plays at his halftime?"

Offline The Chief

The new most interesting man in the world commercial is horrible. Played college football in high school?  Seriously?  How about "the NFL plays at his halftime?"

Don't think I've seen the one you're referring to, but they've been pretty lackluster since the switched to the new actor.  The one I keep seeing is him shaving a coconut to look like a football and then kicking it between a pair of Giraffes.  :wtf:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

It is really bad...

Online imref

Don't think I've seen the one you're referring to, but they've been pretty lackluster since the switched to the new actor.  The one I keep seeing is him shaving a coconut to look like a football and then kicking it between a pair of Giraffes.  :wtf:

that's it, the punchline is "he played college football in high school"

Very very weak, given how easy it is to write better ones:  "Vince Lombardi was awarded his trophy," for instance....

Offline 1995hoo

I'm currently really sick of the Penfed "great rates" jingle. At the moment a lot of what I'm doing at work involves insurance rates, both those paid to providers and those collected as premiums, so it seems like I wind up with that stupid jingle in my head at some point most weekdays. I guess that means their ad agency did a good job—but on the other hand, it also means I'm unlikely ever to do business with Penfed because I hate that song so much by now.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
that's it, the punchline is "he played college football in high school"

Very very weak, given how easy it is to write better ones:  "Vince Lombardi was awarded his trophy," for instance....

They changed it...now it's "He has home field advantage, even when he is away." 

Still pretty lame, and the new guy just doesn't cut it.  Hope this is like the KFC commercials and they get a new Colonel every couple of months.

Offline The Chief

Still pretty lame, and the new guy just doesn't cut it.  Hope this is like the KFC commercials and they get a new Colonel every couple of months.

I hear Wiley the dog is looking for a new gig after his crushing election defeat ;)

Online imref

That's horrible.

"Mary hailed him" would have been much better. 

Offline mitlen

I can't take the dweebus on the Chevy commercials any more.

Offline GburgNatsFan

You mean the hipster and his clueless "focus groups?"

I can't take the dweebus on the Chevy commercials any more.

Offline mitlen

Particularly the hipster but generally the whole damn group (though some of the ladies are pretty nice).

Offline GburgNatsFan

Thank God Christmas is over and we won't have to listen to that chicklet in the Camaro shout "Santa I wanna go fast" in a terrible parody of a southern accent.

Particularly the hipster but generally the whole damn group   :asplode:   and that elevator BS too.    Get off my grass.

Offline HalfSmokes

I feel like there's always one unbearable car commercial running and chevy is still better than grounded to the ground or imported from detroit