Author Topic: #1 commercial that makes you want to smash your tv  (Read 105447 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
...gagggggggg...way, way overplayed beyond any level of tolerance...it's the reason I've stopped watching the NFL pre-match shows on Sundays - one such recent show was little more than a 2hr infomercial for DraftKings.

You back in town?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
You back in town?

As of late yesterday.

Offline mitlen

As of late yesterday.

Welcome home bro (your other home  :) ).

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
It should be against the law to air Christmas commercials after Christmas  >:( it is OVA!!!!

Offline mitlen

It should be against the law to air Christmas commercials after Christmas  >:( it is OVA!!!!

Only one I like is the VW, "Don't you wanna meet my family?"     It can run all year.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Only one I like is the VW, "Don't you wanna meet my family?"     It can run all year.

Lol I also like "That's so Jeffrey", VW did good with their Christmas commercials but regardless Christmas is done! No mas until like, next October!

Offline mitlen

Lol I also like "That's so Jeffrey", VW did good with their Christmas commercials but regardless Christmas is done! No mas until like, next October!

Still have Orthodox Christmas this week.   It ain't all about Roman Christianity.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Still have Orthodox Christmas this week.   It ain't all about Roman Christianity.

Oh man hadn't thought of that :( ok I stand corrected. Still hate seeing Jan from Toyota singing Christmas carol's though.

Offline mitlen

Oh man hadn't thought of that :( ok I stand corrected. Still hate seeing Jan from Toyota singing Christmas carol's though.

Then again, it ain't all about Christianity.    :)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Then again, it ain't all about Christianity.    :)

True that, although all the commercials with Santa and people getting cars isn't really about Christianity either.

Offline mitlen

True that, although all the commercials with Santa and people getting cars isn't really about Christianity either.

What?    Santa ain't Christian?   ;)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
That Schwarzenegger Mobile Strike commercial is as terrible as anything else I can remember.

Offline mitlen

That Schwarzenegger Mobile Strike commercial is as terrible as anything else I can remember.

I swear, I can never remember watching anything Schwarzenegger.    If he comes on, I turn the channel  ...  true of news  ...  commercials   ....   movie trailers.    Why the dislike?

Offline nats2playoffs

The Oprah Weight Watchers commercial makes me cringe.
You don't make the commercial until you have an After picture, to prove that the weight loss method may work.

You don't make one of those commercials when you are still in the Before stage.

Offline mitlen

The Oprah Weight Watchers commercial makes me cringe.
You don't make the commercial until you have an After picture, to prove that the weight loss method may work.

(Image removed from quote.)
You don't make one of those commercials when you are still in the Before stage.

That is the after picture.

Offline GburgNatsFan

That woman-model musher that doesn't want to get her dog's feet wet, so she calls Ken-clone to come pick her and her dogs up in his Range Rover and drive her over the arctic winter, then continues on her way. He doesn't even get any trim.

Are rich people entertained by this crap?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
One making me sick is Geico - and the mother asking if the son is in a zumba class.

Offline GburgNatsFan

I gotta say, I think that commercial is very funny. The squirrels that keep running by in the background make me laugh.

One making me sick is Geico - and the mother asking if the son is in a zumba class.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I gotta say, I think that commercial is very funny. The squirrels that keep running by in the background make me laugh.

love that one too.  something about calling at the wrong time.  Could have been at a dinner, too, but that would be a fundraising or political call.

Offline mitlen

My mother always called at the wrong time.    Like the commercial, she'd talk about abstract subjects.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Me too, and just the way she says "are you taking a zumba classsss??" at the end cracks me up every time, it's just so random lol

There is a commercial where people are naming who they are living healthy for or some nonsense and this little girl shrieks out "Aunt Stacey!" and for whatever reason I want to punch that little girl in the face every time I hear it  >:(

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
OMG it just came on, the Panera commercial "soup and sandwich and clean and good" and omg could you sound any more self-important Panera?? and I love Panera and I love that they're healthy but OMG find a less pompous annoying way of saying it!!!

Offline GburgNatsFan

Completely agree. That Panera commercial is terrible. So pretentious. So Suess-ian.
OMG it just came on, the Panera commercial "soup and sandwich and clean and good" and omg could you sound any more self-important Panera?? and I love Panera and I love that they're healthy but OMG find a less pompous annoying way of saying it!!!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Panera commercials are awful.  Notice in all their commercial how they have the hipsters devour the food, making noises and otherwise acting like they are having some out of body experience eating a sandwich with romaine instead of iceberg.

Maybe they should try some truth in advertising - mediocre food done well for extra money.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Panera commercials are awful.  Notice in all their commercial how they have the hipsters devour the food, making noises and otherwise acting like they are having some out of body experience eating a sandwich with romaine instead of iceberg.

Maybe they should try some truth in advertising - mediocre food done well for extra money.

Omgosh I totally forgot the girl shoveling globs of salad into her mouth and her boyfriend looking at her like she was being cute, oh you're right Panera commercials are the WORST!