Author Topic: 2010 MLB Playoffs Gameday Discussions  (Read 47074 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: 2010 MLB Playoffs Gameday Discussions
« Reply #150: October 06, 2010, 10:32:49 PM »
- Don Larson's perfect game came in the 53rd world series.  Halladay's no hitter came in the 53rd year of the NLDS.
Um, the NLDS has only been around since 1995...

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #151: October 06, 2010, 10:37:02 PM »
Damn Yankees :smh:

Offline PC

« Reply #152: October 06, 2010, 10:56:10 PM »
You suck CC!

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #153: October 06, 2010, 11:07:16 PM »
You suck CC!

I'm glad we have some actual drama in this game.

Only took 3 frickin' games.

Being a Nats fan = not allowed to recognize a great performance by a great pitcher?

I hate the Phillies too, but Halladay is undeniably a great pitcher.

So?  Do we really need to revel in his accomplishment...that was done in a Philly uniform, no less?

It just seems strange for any Nats fan to be kind of glad about what just went down.

It's like the Trojans rejoicing as the Greeks pillage their cities.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #154: October 06, 2010, 11:13:09 PM »
Yes, exactly.  His performance today will be forever besmirched by his uniform.   

I'm glad we have some actual drama in this game.

Only took 3 frickin' games.

So?  Do we really need to revel in his accomplishment...that was done in a Philly uniform, no less?

It just seems strange for any Nats fan to be kind of glad about what just went down.

It's like the Trojans rejoicing as the Greeks pillage their cities.

Offline Sharp

« Reply #155: October 06, 2010, 11:20:54 PM »
Wow... are you guys serious right now?  I don't like the Phillies either, but unless the Nats are in a pennant race or they're on the receiving end of any kind of no hitter I am going to be rooting for one 100%.  That's especially true in the playoffs.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #156: October 06, 2010, 11:24:34 PM »
Wow... are you guys serious right now?  I don't like the Phillies either, but unless the Nats are in a pennant race or they're on the receiving end of any kind of no hitter I am going to be rooting for one 100%.  That's especially true in the playoffs.

Don Larsen's perfect game was one of the true gems in all of baseball history. Now drunken Philly fartknockers think they own a piece of that.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #157: October 06, 2010, 11:34:13 PM »

Are YOU serious?  I can't believe what the freak you're saying.

You're rooting for an accomplishment, one which will be ETCHED IN THE UNIMPEACHABLE HISTORY OF THIS LEAGUE, to be owned by the freaking PHILLIES?  GTFO

Yes, exactly.  His performance today will be forever besmirched by his uniform.   

Some sanity.  Thank you.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #158: October 06, 2010, 11:35:17 PM »
He posts it in every thread.

and you stick up for the lerners in every thread 8)

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #159: October 06, 2010, 11:39:20 PM »
They can't close out this nag by midnight?

freak I hate Yankee baseball.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #160: October 06, 2010, 11:40:26 PM »
They can't close out this nag by midnight?

freak I hate Yankee baseball.

Shut it, Joe West!

Offline Sharp

« Reply #161: October 06, 2010, 11:40:44 PM »
It's not "owned by the Phillies."  It's owned by Halladay.  And no, I have absolutely no problem rooting for Halladay, unless he's facing the Nats or we're in contention.  I'm not rooting for the Phillies in general, because I don't like them, but I sure as hell can root for good baseball.  Any of you who tune in to watch Mariano Rivera close out a game know exactly what I'm talking about.

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #162: October 06, 2010, 11:42:32 PM »
Good to see some in here with an actual sense of history and the ability to enjoy a great performance by a great pitcher.  Phillie Phans are like tens of thousands of assclowns unleashed on the world.  The Phillies baseball players are some great, talented competitors and exactly the kind of thing a true baseball fan enjoys (and the Nats FO should be trying to imitate).

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #163: October 06, 2010, 11:43:07 PM »
It's not "owned by the Phillies."  It's owned by Halladay.  And no, I have absolutely no problem rooting for Halladay, unless he's facing the Nats or we're in contention.  I'm not rooting for the Phillies in general, because I don't like them, but I sure as hell can root for good baseball.  Any of you who tune in to watch Mariano Rivera close out a game know exactly what I'm talking about.

This x infinity.

• babble on
« Reply #164: October 06, 2010, 11:51:03 PM »
So you stood up, pulled aside your codpiece, and splooged mightily when Crosby scored that overtime golden goal in Vancouver?

Good to see some in here with an actual sense of history and the ability to enjoy a great performance by a great pitcher.  Phillie Phans are like tens of thousands of assclowns unleashed on the world.  The Phillies baseball players are some great, talented competitors and exactly the kind of thing a true baseball fan enjoys (and the Nats FO should be trying to imitate).

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #165: October 06, 2010, 11:53:29 PM »
So you stood up, pulled aside your codpiece, and splooged mightily when Crosby scored that overtime golden goal in Vancouver?

Crosby is a douche bag.  Halladay is not.  Doesn't most of the board like the idea of signing Werth in the off season?

Offline Potomac Cannons

« Reply #166: October 06, 2010, 11:56:51 PM »

Anyone on the Phillies known for punching guys in the balls from behind and crying/nagging about not getting every single call they want?  Didn't think so.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #167: October 07, 2010, 12:06:25 AM »
Rivera came so stinkin close to not coming set on that first pitch.

And that blimp shot was sweet...

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #168: October 07, 2010, 12:09:03 AM »
It's not "owned by the Phillies."  It's owned by Halladay.  And no, I have absolutely no problem rooting for Halladay, unless he's facing the Nats or we're in contention.  I'm not rooting for the Phillies in general, because I don't like them, but I sure as hell can root for good baseball.  Any of you who tune in to watch Mariano Rivera close out a game know exactly what I'm talking about.

So you will root for the Phillies, it's just situational.  That's where we part on this - we'll have to agree to disagree.

Knowing those halfwitted slugs in Philthydelphia are living this up is enough to keep me from enjoying that in the least.  But I do take my hat off to Halladay.  He's a badass and I wish he could have done this for someone in the Central - Cards or Reds or somesuch.

Also, :lmao: you're damn right it's owned by the Phillies.  What, do you think MLB is going to edit over the highlights and change his Phillies uniform to a blank one?  Yeah, didn't think so...

Offline Sharp

« Reply #169: October 07, 2010, 12:15:38 AM »
I guess if you refuse to let yourself enjoy anything good that happens to the Phillies, that's your prerogative.  I prefer to root for the Nats whenever I can and root for good baseball whenever it doesn't go against them.  As you said, we can agree to disagree.

• babble on
« Reply #170: October 07, 2010, 12:16:51 AM »
Not exactly, though Chase Utley certainly comes close

Anyone on the Phillies known for punching guys in the balls from behind and crying/nagging about not getting every single call they want?  Didn't think so.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #171: October 07, 2010, 12:26:03 AM »
If tonight was a harbinger of things to come, this postseason is going to SUCK.

• babble on
« Reply #172: October 07, 2010, 12:32:29 AM »
As a fake baseball fan (I hate the Phillies more than I want to lick Halladay's taint), I would be inclined to agree at this point. 

Offline Coladar

« Reply #173: October 07, 2010, 12:49:02 AM »

Absolutely. Just note this is their, Yanks and Phillies, #1 pitcher. High dollar talent other teams can't compete with because they are the best in baseball. After #1, the pitching begins to even out quite a bit. The Yankees have little after CC. The Phillies will probably still dominate, but Halladay is Halladay.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #174: October 07, 2010, 12:49:27 AM »
As a fake baseball fan (I hate the Phillies more than I want to lick Halladay's taint), I would be inclined to agree at this point. 

:lmao: You're killing me.