Author Topic: I'd really like to be this guy.  (Read 361 times)

Offline Potomac Cannons

I'd really like to be this guy.
« Topic Start: September 29, 2010, 02:38:54 AM »
At least long enough to deposit his winnings into an offshore account and then change back into myself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/29/ernest-pullen-wins-missouri-lottery_n_742895.html

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Re: I'd really like to be this guy.
« Reply #1: September 29, 2010, 03:04:08 AM »
Makes me want to get scratchers more. To bad I don't have a steady job to waste 5 dollars on such odds.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #2: September 29, 2010, 07:10:35 AM »
Never, ever, ever, ever buy lottery tickets. You are more likely to have 2 car accidents. Hell, you are more likely to be hit by lightning than you are to win the big jackpot. When you want to buy lottery tickets, put the money in a jar. Seriously, see how much it adds up to.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #3: September 29, 2010, 07:41:06 AM »
If you factor in entertainment value, buying 1 or 2 isn't too bad. My in laws usually put 1 in everyone's stocking when we go up for christmas. My brother in law got a few hundred of bucks one year and it paid for a decent dinner for everyone, so we're in the black for a while. The problem is when people go and buy hundreds at a time, but people would scream if you tried to limit individual purchases.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #4: September 29, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »
The dollar I spend on the $200+MM quick pick gives me the entertainment / fantasy value.  I know I'm more likely to score with an exotic dancer, but that costs more money.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #5: September 29, 2010, 11:32:20 AM »
I think I came out $60 ahead last time I played the kiddie slots in Vegas.  But the time before, I lost $300 at blackjack in about 10 minutes (one of the people I was with lost so much he got comped a room at the Luxor).  The house may always win, but gambling is kind of fun once in a while.  I've never really tried lottery tickets, but I would imagine that it provides a similar (though pretty diluted) kick.

Offline KyleScha

« Reply #6: September 29, 2010, 01:20:47 PM »
You realize that from now on, the poor guy will be the unluckiest man ever.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #7: September 29, 2010, 03:21:16 PM »
not necessarily

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978361381

exas woman, Joan Ginther, has won the Texas Lottery for the fourth time. Each lottery win has brought big bucks and the fourth lottery win was no different. Could it just be Texas luck or is this woman something special?

Since 1993, Joan Ginther has won a total of $20.4 million from each of her four Texas lottery wins. She won the $10 million prize on a $50 scratch-off. Joan's latest win will be paid to her in the form of a lump sum of $7.5 million after taxes. Amazingly Ginther was one of three people to scratch off the mega prize of the "$140,000,000 Extreme Payout" scratch-off lottery game.