Author Topic: Traffic - Road Closures  (Read 231 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Traffic - Road Closures
« Topic Start: September 26, 2010, 08:36:20 AM »
I don't drive so I dont know the route to NATS PARK.  FOR 9-26 an FYI.

WASHINGTON - Police will close several roadways for the Navy 5-Miler race on Sunday. All roads will be closed from about 6-10 a.m.

Rt. 27 Northbound from 395 at exit 8 B will be closed. Rt. 27 Northbound From HOV and Washington Blvd Eastbound to Rt. 27.

SouthGate road from Joyce st. to Oak st.

Columbia Pike Both lanes from Joyce St. to the Pentagon.

Southbound Rt. 395 to Boundary Drive both Ramps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

South Capitol Street Bridge Lane Closures

There will be lane closures in each direction on the South Capitol Street (Frederick Douglass Bridge) this weekend to finish structural repair work, DDOT says.

The work is not expected to impact traffic to and from Nationals Stadium.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I-66 to E Street Ramp Closures

DDOT will be temporarily closing the inbound ramp from I-66 to E Street, NW, during the overnight hours, to repair the bridge deck on the ramp.

The inbound ramp will be closed nightly from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. beginning on Monday, Sept. 20 through Sunday, Sept. 26.

The detour in place will direct traffic from I-66 to Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway and loop traffic back to E Street, NW. Motorists should look for signs directing them through the detour route.

9th Street Bridge Work

DDOT is scheduled to temporarily close one lane of New York Avenue NE, westbound from Fairview Avenue to the 9th Street Bridge. This closure will facilitate roadway widening construction activity on New York Avenue, NE.

This activity will begin at 9 a.m. on Friday, September 24 and continue through Monday, Sept. 27 at 6 a.m., weather permitting, and will be repeated Friday, Oct. 1 at 9 a.m. through Monday, Oct. 4 at 6 a.m. During this time, westbound and eastbound travel will be maintained on New York Avenue NE.

On Monday, Oct. 4, DDOT will transition westbound traffic on New York Avenue, NE into three newly constructed right lanes.

The new 9th Street Bridge is expected to open in late January 2011.

Beach Traffic

Drivers headed to the Eastern Shore could experience more traffic on the Bay Bridge due to Sunfest in Ocean City and NASCAR races in Dover, Del.