Author Topic: Book Thread  (Read 50488 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Buk Reedin' Thred (Book Thread)
« Reply #325: April 27, 2012, 05:39:06 PM »
I guess I offended all the mods this morning.

Vonnegut is one of the greatest American authors, and I'd be hard-pressed to name a more important american author that has printed books during my life than him. He's required reading in most high schools. He'd also probably be right up your alley, being that you post about space and Reddit and nerdy stuff. I was surprised to see you mix him up with a pseudo-science quack.

Never heard of him actually, and never had to read anything he wrote in either high school or college english courses.

I can't speak for Nathan but I took his post as a tongue-in-cheek admission of ignorance.

I know the guy's name and I *might* have been able to tell you he was an author, but beyond that I couldn't tell you a single thing about him without looking it up.

No, you can't speak for me.  I usually wake up at 2:15 pm, and I posted at 2:35 pm, 20 minutes after getting up, and after a long night of D3 and boozing :P  I already posted a "oh crap, wrong guy, still sounds german-y" response and I still got two people posting what I read to be "Wow.  Are you really that freaking retarded?" type posts so I got pissy.

I've had my coffee and am in a better mood now ;)