Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2  (Read 3540 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online houston-nat

  • Posts: 16542
Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Topic Start: August 24, 2010, 12:57:28 AM »
Houston-Nat's 21st Birthday Celebration (53-72)
vs.
The Evil Forces of Sobriety (52-74)


I am told that this is Game 2. However, I have not turned 21 before. Maybe this refers to my past life, in which I was General Ulysses S. Grant. And you know how General Grant's 21st went. Granted, when he was actually a freaking general he knew how to put it away, but how do you think he learned? That's right. Freaking trial and error, lots of error. Just like the rest of us.



West Point was different back then.

A birthday celebration which will be taking place from 12:01 am to 11:59 pm Aug 24, but most especially at 6:05 pm Houston-Nat time (7:05 D.C. time), August 24, 2010, precisely five minutes after Houston-Nat leaves his place of work, but almost certainly not in the vicinity of Nationals Park but for the intervention of somebody giving me plane tickets, nudge, nudge



Above: The site where Houston-Nat will not order his first legal drink.

TODAY'S STARTING LINEUPS, WHICH OF COURSE ARE ENTIRELY MADE UP BECAUSE I'M WRITING THIS THE DAY BEFORE. ALTHOUGH YOU WILL NOTICE THAT I GAMELY ATTEMPTED TO CORRELATE THE NATIONALS' LINEUP TO ACTUAL DRINKS

The Houston 21st Birthday Heroes!
Captain Morgan
A Roy Rogers With Rum
White Zimfandel
Sam Adams
Mike's Hard Mango Punch
Taaka
Another Sam Adams
Ian Fleming's Martini
Dos Equis (see below)

The Evil Forces of Sobriety
1. I'm 21 and already graduated college
2. I'm getting taken out to a really fancy restaurant, like with a prix fixe and stuff
3. Crap, it's already my birthday and I have to set my alarm to 8, why am I still awake?
4. Freaking Tuesday night
5. I'm currently at home, living with my parents
6. I have to work a full day's shift at Walmart tomorrow (10 am - 6 pm)
7. None of my friends are within 200 miles, except my somewhat odd ex-girlfriend who wants to have A Major Talk with me about why we separated four years ago, which I probably should be intoxicated for, actually
8. I don't actually like the taste of alcohol. Like, at all
9. Carlos Zambrano

Will Houston-Nat triumph over the forces of sobriety? Tune in tomorrow night to MASN, which for some reason is airing it, or at least a metaphorical reinterpretation of the epic struggle, symbolically manifested as a baseball game!



Hey, a drink I like!



A drink I will grow to love when I move to England next month! Speaking of which, click here for an erotique advertisement they definitely would not show in England.


THE OFFICIAL THEME SONG OF THIS GAMEDAY THREAD


Special Gameday Thread Contest: What day/time will it be when Houston-Nat makes his next post in this thread?

And finally: this one's for hammondsnats.


Offline PANatsFan

  • Posts: 37068
  • dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #1: August 24, 2010, 01:01:26 AM »
How much practice does it take to learn just how far you can pull down your underwear without showing anything?

Offline chemist

  • Posts: 1099
  • Cheering All Zimmermen
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #2: August 24, 2010, 02:39:54 AM »
magnificent

Offline Nathan

  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Posts: 10706
  • Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #3: August 24, 2010, 03:41:45 AM »
How much practice does it take to learn just how far you can pull down your underwear without showing anything?
I could probably pull mine down to my ankles and not show anything

Offline mitlen

  • Posts: 27270
  • Bullets fever !!
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #4: August 24, 2010, 08:24:36 AM »
I could probably pull mine down to my ankles and not show anything

Thanks for the laugh.

Offline mitlen

  • Posts: 27270
  • Bullets fever !!
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #5: August 24, 2010, 08:42:08 AM »
houston-nat ... BTW  Happy Birthday !!!

Is that Hugh Grant in the photo?

Offline natsfan4evr

  • Posts: 6171
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #6: August 24, 2010, 09:55:09 AM »
Happy Birthday!

Offline Lintyfresh85

  • Posts: 33930
  • Next year, maybe?
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #7: August 24, 2010, 10:08:55 AM »
LETS GO NATSSSSS! Win one for Houston!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

  • Posts: 11120
  • babble on
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #8: August 24, 2010, 11:54:42 AM »
Happy birthday...like the Gogol Bordello shot  :D

Offline hammondsnats

  • Posts: 37353
  • LAC 8)
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #9: August 24, 2010, 11:57:56 AM »
which brings me to my next point ... don't smoke crack

Offline Lintyfresh85

  • Posts: 33930
  • Next year, maybe?
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #10: August 24, 2010, 11:59:42 AM »
which brings me to my next point ... don't smoke crack

WATERBOY!

I had the urge to look up Sandler's girlfriend from that movie... she did not look as good as I once remembered her.

Offline Spinman

  • Posts: 2122
  • Grandpa Spinman
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #11: August 24, 2010, 12:25:50 PM »
Houston, we have a problem... with Houston- Nat!  :lol:Congrats and Happy Birthday! 

Offline imref

  • Posts: 17875
  • #freeclarkson
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #12: August 24, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »
This thread should be much better than the game. Happy birthday houston!

Offline hammondsnats

  • Posts: 37353
  • LAC 8)
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #13: August 24, 2010, 01:11:35 PM »
This thread should be much better than the game. Happy birthday houston!

why?  we're going to win tonight.  Lannan has been pretty solid since coming back up and we should get to Big Z.

Offline JMUalumni

  • Posts: 7789
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #14: August 24, 2010, 01:28:12 PM »
Last night's game was one of the worst ones I have ever been to.  I couldn't watch past the 6th.  Here is hoping that I'll be able withstand watching longer than that tonight... :pray:

Also, Happy 21st Houston.  First drink I had when I was 21 was an Incredible Hulk.  Its Hypnotiq and Hennessey.  I haven't bought it ever again, but it was a good way to kick things off.

Offline EdStroud

  • Posts: 8758
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #15: August 24, 2010, 01:41:34 PM »
It's called a Baseball Pleasure

Ingredients:
2 shots Vodka
Fill with Orange juice
1 jigger Whiskey
1 jigger Amaretto

Mixing instructions:
Begin by making a standard Screwdriver (OJ and Vodka) and then add the Whiskey and the Amaretto. Mix and serve.



Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

  • Posts: 11120
  • babble on
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #16: August 24, 2010, 01:50:25 PM »
I lived in British Columbia when I turned 19 (the legal age in that province), and I went to a pub and drank about 10 pints of beer and then went to a hockey game.  I think the Canucks won. 

Why is the drinking age 21 and the driving age 16?  That seems completely backasswards.

Offline Lintyfresh85

  • Posts: 33930
  • Next year, maybe?
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #17: August 24, 2010, 01:55:06 PM »
I recall my first legal beer being a Budweiser.

I had so much to learn.

Offline Lintyfresh85

  • Posts: 33930
  • Next year, maybe?
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #18: August 24, 2010, 01:57:27 PM »
I think John goes 7, gives up 1 run tonight.

Cubs won't get to our pitching two night in a row, I hope. :pray:

Offline mitlen

  • Posts: 27270
  • Bullets fever !!
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #19: August 24, 2010, 02:15:27 PM »
I lived in British Columbia when I turned 19 (the legal age in that province), and I went to a pub and drank about 10 pints of beer and then went to a hockey game.  I think the Canucks won.  

Why is the drinking age 21 and the driving age 16?  That seems completely backasswards.

I'm so old ...

I got drafted .. couldn't drink or vote.    LOL

Online PC

  • Posts: 41335
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #20: August 24, 2010, 02:15:51 PM »
You're also exactly six years older than Windows 95.

http://lifehacker.com/5620520/happy-15th-birthday-to-windows-95-the-ugly-duckling-that-conquered-your-desktop

Happy 15th W95, I still loves ya!!!

...and 21st to HN!!! :lol:

Online OldChelsea

  • Posts: 5962
  • From the best seat in the house at Nationals Park
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #21: August 24, 2010, 02:27:34 PM »
For those going tonight - Yahoo! Weather still sticking with 60% chance of rain tonight ('overcast with rain showers at times'), thunder possible. Capital Weather Gang in the Post calling for 40% chance of precip.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Posts: 18492
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #22: August 24, 2010, 03:12:55 PM »
For those going tonight - Yahoo! Weather still sticking with 60% chance of rain tonight ('overcast with rain showers at times'), thunder possible. Capital Weather Gang in the Post calling for 40% chance of precip.
OC - do you have cover where you sit?

Offline Galah

  • Posts: 2690
  • Can I help you?
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #23: August 24, 2010, 03:16:21 PM »
What's not to like about a night at the ball park.

Most of the Red Porch Gang is planning to be in attendance tonight, should be able to out cheer the cubbies fans without too much trouble.

Offline Lintyfresh85

  • Posts: 33930
  • Next year, maybe?
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #24: August 24, 2010, 03:27:16 PM »
Desmond out for a second night in a row.

In some kind of dog house?