Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2  (Read 12853 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 2
« Reply #100: August 24, 2010, 08:15:46 PM »
:lmao:  Lannan was called a potential ace by some on this board. But it's not everyone on this board.

How many people besides me, Cannons, and maybe JMad or you were realistic about Lannan earlier in the season?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #101: August 24, 2010, 08:16:45 PM »
How many people besides me, Cannons, and maybe JMad or you were realistic about Lannan earlier in the season?

Um, hello?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #102: August 24, 2010, 08:18:53 PM »
Um, hello?

I don;t remember if you were a johnny-come-lately or not, but I'll take your word.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #103: August 24, 2010, 08:19:17 PM »

Who cares? I don't get why people want credit for this type of crap. Good job, you predicted that a Nat would perform poorly. Wahoo!

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #104: August 24, 2010, 08:19:38 PM »
:lmao:  Lannan was called a potential ace by some on this board. But it's not everyone on this board.

Who the hell called him ace?  If the Lerners weren't so gosh damn cheap we would have a proven ace.  Lannan is a back end of rotation starter who isn't pitching @ his best tonight.

An pa, I like marquis, but this isn't what we signed up for.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #105: August 24, 2010, 08:20:15 PM »
Who cares? I don't get why people want credit for this type of crap. Good job, you predicted that a Nat would perform poorly. Wahoo!

I wanted him out of the rotation before the season was lost. He's Pattersoning up the place this year.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #106: August 24, 2010, 08:21:53 PM »
I don;t remember if you were a johnny-come-lately or not, but I'll take your word.

Yeah, I got questioned as to why I thought Lannan's numbers would jump so much compared to prior seasons.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #107: August 24, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »

Thank you.  Its such bull crap.  And how people make bets for one nat to succeed and one to fail...its idiotic.

How the freak can his pitching span over last 2 years be flukish? 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #108: August 24, 2010, 08:23:15 PM »
I wanted him out of the rotation before the season was lost. He's Pattersoning up the place this year.

Outside of tonights start he had been fine since coming off dl.  Hater!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #109: August 24, 2010, 08:23:31 PM »
We're back to eating up the bull pen.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #110: August 24, 2010, 08:24:15 PM »
I'm at the game, so a bit late to the draw, but it's safe to say John Lannan hasn't "fixed" anything. He's not as bad as he can be, which considering the score, is... Horrible. But it definitely looks like his past two starts were just John being the bipolar pitcher we all know and love.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #111: August 24, 2010, 08:24:22 PM »
Now I can agree with you that maxwell has been awful.  As has mench.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #112: August 24, 2010, 08:24:25 PM »
Outside of tonights start he had been fine since coming off dl.  Hater!

Starts less than 6 innings are not fine. Period. The bullpen is exhausted. I want a pitching overhaul but in late August it ain't gonna happen unless they call up Milone, JZ, and Chico.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #113: August 24, 2010, 08:26:44 PM »
And yet another game where we can't get a pitcher to the sixth. This is an absolute joke, you just can't use your bullpen this much. Should have left Lannan in and just ate the game, but to PH him for Maxwell? Hell, Lannan had as good of a shot to get a hit even if you don't let him throw another pitch.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #114: August 24, 2010, 08:30:19 PM »
Milone just gave up his first walk. Ended his streak at 45/0. Next batter he struck out.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #115: August 24, 2010, 08:31:48 PM »
Who the hell called him ace?  

See for yourself.

Ace

i would think his 3.45 ERA is ace-worthy, but that's just me.

John Lannan is a Better Man than I'll Ever Be.

lannan is most def appreciated. he's the real deal. i knew he was the real deal when he k'd bonds twice last yr. he was cold blooded in that start.

When he gets the walks down, he can be dominant.  

Lannan is a beast. I initially thought he would be a solid 4-5 guy for us for years to come. I am now inclined to think that he could be a really capable #2 guy (maybe ace eventually?) for us. His control is just awesome. Nothing phases him.

At one point I thought he would be decent. But the more I watched him pitch the more I came to see that he was no better than a 4 (maybe a 3 if he pitched at his peak everytime out). Even that may have been too much credit.  

Alright, I'm prepared to join the ranks of those ridiculed by spidernat.  John Lannan is a monster.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #116: August 24, 2010, 08:37:10 PM »
PA ... lannan had gone 23.1 ip with 8 er before tonight, going 5.1, 7, 6 and 5.

Your boy marquis hasn't gotten out of the 5th inning, pa.  You give me crap for playing the LAC card so much, then as the owner, they should go out and freakin get somebody or somebodies that can do so.

Stop operating on a low bottom of the league payroll and go out and sign some stud, proven all-star free agents.

I am tired of hearing, "oh wow guess what potomac is competing in the playoffs" or "this prospect in low single A is doing this" ... improve the major league roster lerners.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #117: August 24, 2010, 08:38:07 PM »

See for yourself.

(Image removed from quote.)

I never did though.  Tonight he wasn't a better man.

At one point I thought he would be decent. But the more I watched him pitch the more I came to see that he was no better than a 4 (maybe a 3 if he pitched at his peak everytime out). Even that may have been too much credit. 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #118: August 24, 2010, 08:39:30 PM »
Eh, Chief thought Lannan would have a down year

Lannan - this is the year he finally gets figured out.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #119: August 24, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »
PA ... lannan had gone 23.1 ip with 8 er before tonight, going 5.1, 7, 6 and 5.

Your boy marquis hasn't gotten out of the 5th inning, pa.  You give me crap for playing the LAC card so much, then as the owner, they should go out and freakin get somebody or somebodies that can do so.

Stop operating on a low bottom of the league payroll and go out and sign some stud, proven all-star free agents.

I am tired of hearing, "oh wow guess what potomac is competing in the playoffs" or "this prospect in low single A is doing this" ... improve the major league roster lerners.

Well trade some of those prospects because most don't pan out. I've been screaming for a solid major league squad obtained by trade and people yell at me about mortgaging the future. When your #1 picks retire or blow chunks you have no future.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #120: August 24, 2010, 08:40:13 PM »

I never did though.  Tonight he wasn't a better man.

Dude I'm just messing with you. Don't be so soft.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #121: August 24, 2010, 08:41:32 PM »
Eh, Chief thought Lannan would have a down year

Yeah that quote was from last season. I only quoted it to point out that Chief thought I was ridiculing posters for thinking so highly of Lannan.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #122: August 24, 2010, 08:45:33 PM »
"Stop operating on a low bottom of the league payroll and go out and sign some stud, proven all-star free agents.

I am tired of hearing, "oh wow guess what potomac is competing in the playoffs" or "this prospect in low single A is doing this" ... improve the major league roster lerners."

<rant>

Absolutely agreed. Washington is a big market. Anything the Lerners invest in players -- free agents or home-grown -- will return many times over in profit.

Meanwhile, in the interest of truth and honesty, I admit that I thought Lannan would be as good this year as he has been. Meaning OK, adequate, average for the Majors but way above most of the other guys the Nats have tried.

He's had a bad season. He had a couple of good games after AA, but he was bad in AA and he's bad tonight when the team needs some strong pitching.

</rant>

OK...I feel calmer now.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #123: August 24, 2010, 08:47:10 PM »
Did anybody see this yet?

Strasburg's earning power

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #124: August 24, 2010, 08:47:42 PM »

Well trade some of those prospects because most don't pan out. I've been screaming for a solid major league squad obtained by trade and people yell at me about mortgaging the future. When your #1 picks retire or blow chunks you have no future.
PaNatsFan the modern day ex-Rams/Redskins coach George Allen