Author Topic: Strasburg TJ surgery & ongoing recovery news  (Read 20445 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
How did you end up in that family, adopted?  :lol:

:lol: :shrug:

Its just the norm.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Spider and I have decided to grant Sportsfan a day free to post his thoughts. This is a historic day, albeit, negative day in Nats history.

Have at it.

:clap:

but in all reality, I don't ever want to feel like I feel today.   :'(

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Some Mets poster from another forum just posted rubbing it in by saying

"hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*deeper breath*

[3 dancing gif images]

Maybe next time your organization should've had a lower pitch count."

Now I hate Mets fans on the same level as Philly fans,

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Spider and I have decided to grant Sportsfan a day free to post his thoughts. This is a historic, albeit, negative day in Nats history.

Have at it.

To paraphrase....

:bang: :hang: :hang: :bang: :hang: :whip: :hang: :bang:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
And he's not super-two eligible. Maybe it was a good decision to hold him back after all.

Look LASIKS, right? Keeping JZ and SS in the minors till after 172 days is impossible was genius. They brought up JZ and Storen before the super-2 deadline because they had earned it. Rizzo is running a damn smart club. No matter what anyone says, Pudge helped this ball club in a number of ways. Capps was a stroke of genius and the trade was better. Marquis was a shock but he can redeem himself now. Bruney was throwing money at a terrible bullpen, and Walker was a great sign until he got hurt. Olsen's deal was the best situation for all parties. Maya is so exciting. Peralta, he was a steal. Kennedy is a solid performer. I'd venture to say that all of the signings last season were smart, and most all of them improved the team quite a bit. Most of the whining now sounds like petulant children.

Offline spidernat

Don't pay them any mind CMD.

Offline hammondsnats

:crazy:

what's to be confused about?  pretty much sorry for the loss.

Offline spidernat

what's to be confused about?  pretty much sorry for the loss.

:rofl:  It wasn't meant to convey confusion.

Offline HalfSmokes

Some Mets poster from another forum just posted rubbing it in by saying

"hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*deeper breath*

[3 dancing gif images]

Maybe next time your organization should've had a lower pitch count."

Now I hate Mets fans on the same level as Philly fans,

hahaha they're in the same position we are with a bloated untradeable payroll and nothing in the minors and owners with no more money

Offline R-Zim#11

hahaha they're in the same position we are with a bloated untradeable payroll and nothing in the minors and owners with no more money

Mets fans shouldn't be pointing fingers at any organization's short comings...they're an annual embarrassment...

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I wonder if SF will say he is toast like he said about JZ last year.

Offline hammondsnats

Look LASIKS, right? Keeping JZ and SS in the minors till after 172 days is impossible was genius. They brought up JZ and Storen before the super-2 deadline because they had earned it. Rizzo is running a damn smart club. No matter what anyone says, Pudge helped this ball club in a number of ways. Capps was a stroke of genius and the trade was better. Marquis was a shock but he can redeem himself now. Bruney was throwing money at a terrible bullpen, and Walker was a great sign until he got hurt. Olsen's deal was the best situation for all parties. Maya is so exciting. Peralta, he was a steal. Kennedy is a solid performer. I'd venture to say that all of the signings last season were smart, and most all of them improved the team quite a bit. Most of the whining now sounds like petulant children.

I don't know who is blaming Rizzo?  He's been doing a fine job. 

So have the Nats brass in general when it comes to how they have handled our young starting pitching.  These things happen.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
What does LASIKS stand for again?

Offline PANatsFan

Lerners are Somewhat Incompetent, Kasten Stinks

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I really need to see if Zimmermann will pitch like he did last year to bring positive vibes back. If Zimmermann is one of those people that come back from TJ Surgery and throws stronger then I will be excited to see what Strasburg will do. This blows. It's like we're back in 2008 and we got the last loss to clinch the first pick. Now we have to wait another year and a half to see if he comes back.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I really need to see if Zimmermann will pitch like he did last year to bring positive vibes back. If Zimmermann is one of those people that come back from TJ Surgery and throws stronger than I will be excited to see what Strasburg will do. This blows. It's like we're back in 2008 and we got the last loss to clinch the first pick. Now we have to wait another year and a half to see if he comes back.

Well, the velocity isn't the problem... in fact, he's already back to top speed. It's control that comes back last... and that could take quite a while to return.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
When are we expecting Harper up here?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Well, the velocity isn't the problem... in fact, he's already back to top speed. It's control that comes back last... and that could take quite a while to return.

Damn. :pray:

Offline spidernat

Lerners Are Stingy Idiots, Kasten Sucks.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Lerners Are Stingy Idiots, Kasten Sucks.

:rofl:

Offline PANatsFan

I really need to see if Zimmermann will pitch like he did last year to bring positive vibes back. If Zimmermann is one of those people that come back from TJ Surgery and throws stronger than I will be excited to see what Strasburg will do. This blows. It's like we're back in 2008 and we got the last loss to clinch the first pick. Now we have to wait another year and a half to see if he comes back.

While understandable, that is a completely unscientific approach. JZ's recovery is for a different injury (no telling exactly where the tear is for each guy), a different body with a different healing speed. The constants are the likely surgeon, the rehab staff, and their approximate age and skill level. I'll feel better too when JZ is owning, but the statistical sample of all pitchers that have ever had TJ is a better indicator and is comforting.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Damn. :pray:

Yeah... JZ was at 93.2 before TJ. He was at 92.3 last night topping out at 94.

Like I said, the velocity comes back quick, it's the command that suffers.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
While understandable, that is a completely unscientific approach. JZ's recovery is for a different injury (no telling exactly where the tear is for each guy), a different body with a different healing speed. The constants are the likely surgeon, the rehab staff, and their approximate age and skill level. I'll feel better too when JZ is owning, but the statistical sample of all pitchers that have ever had TJ is a better indicator and is comforting.

Okay. See I don't know to much on Tommy John surgery aside that its fixing something in your arm. I just thought since they both had/have it that they have similar injuries. That makes more sense then. 12-18 months is a long freaking time.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Yeah, but their stadium is famous for its barbeque

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Okay. See I don't know to much on Tommy John surgery aside that its fixing something in your arm. I just thought since they both had/have it that they have similar injuries. That makes more sense then. 12-18 months is a long freaking time.

If I'm not mistaken, what gets torn is a muscle in your elbow. Stretch your right arm out and feel your elbow. Slightly to the left of the main 'elbow bone' you should feel another bone with a bit of spongy area inbetween. I believe that space is where your Ulnar nerve runs.