Author Topic: Strasburg TJ surgery & ongoing recovery news  (Read 20429 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Fangraphs was saying that now that Strasburg is hurt... we should basically punt on Dunn and pick up draft picks because the injury set back the 'plan' a couple years.

I really hope this isn't the case. I can't take another couple of years with re-treads surrounding Zimmerman.

Offline hammondsnats

my mom kept apologizing to me, saying how sorry she was (she's a huge fan but obviously not pyscho like me).  my dad and i talked three times on the phone today, mostly just silence for long periods of time. 

my bro (the o's fan) and most of my friends/co-workers have advised me against killing myself and told me that "they were there for me".

thank god i don't have a girlfriend anymore, b/c i would be the worst person to be around :lmao:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
you've gotta be freaking kidding me. just our luck. JUST OUR EFFING LUCK!

We miss JZ for basically a whole year and now we'll miss Strasburg for a whole year... I hope he starts asap.:( :( :(

Offline hammondsnats

Fangraphs was saying that now that Strasburg is hurt... we should basically punt on Dunn and pick up draft picks because the injury set back the 'plan' a couple years.

I really hope this isn't the case. I can't take another couple of years with re-treads surrounding Zimmerman.

I would give up on the team.  Sorry, but I've spent too much of my time/money/etc the last few years, if the think tank/owners/etc don't care about winning in the immediate future, then I shouldn't either.  Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but it's my opinion.

Offline hammondsnats

you've gotta be freaking kidding me. just our luck. JUST OUR EFFING LUCK!

We miss JZ for basically a whole year and now we'll miss Strasburg for a whole year... I hope he starts asap.:( :( :(

yeah I said last night I just wanted to see Strasburg and Zimmermann start back-to-back games once this year. 

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.

Offline PC

I guarantee their opinion would have been about the same if Strasburg was healthy.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
I'm getting bombed tonight.

Offline R-Zim#11

Colin Cowherd basically had a eulogy for the dude.  Gawd, I can't listen to this anymore.  I'm going to lunch.

Colin Cowherd is a pathetic excuse for a human being. I like what Tim Kurkijan had to say. Most pitchers now a days recover from TJ surgery. If it was a rotator cuff or a labrum THEN we could start crying. I was highly disappointed at the news this morning, but I have come back off the ledge.

It sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

Offline NeedaNewNick

Kilgore corrected his story, Strasburg will accrue service time on the 60 day

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I'm getting bombed tonight.

I believe that's the Pitching Staff's motto, actually.

Offline hammondsnats

so how many years of control will we have of him ... let's say he doesn't pitch at all next year ... how many more years do we own him?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Ugh. I regret not going to a Strasburg game this year.

Offline natsfan4evr

Was just about to post this

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
I believe that's the Pitching Staff's motto, actually.
:funny:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
my mom kept apologizing to me, saying how sorry she was (she's a huge fan but obviously not pyscho like me).  my dad and i talked three times on the phone today, mostly just silence for long periods of time. 

:crazy:

Offline spidernat

so how many years of control will we have of him ... let's say he doesn't pitch at all next year ... how many more years do we own him?

It hasn't changed a thing. He will remain under team control through 2015.

Offline natsfan4evr

5 years if he starts opening day in 2012. He'll be eligible for arbitration after 2013.

Offline HalfSmokes

Brian Mitchell is arguing about how most pitchers only throw fastball, curve, changeup and Stras' problem is too many pitchers.

Damn 106.7's strong signal and espn's weak one. Why do football people have to try to talk baseball? Buster Olney doesn't comment on skin's switch to a 3-4

Offline natsfan4evr

It hasn't changed a thing. He will remain under team control through 2015.
Huh? He won't be eligible for free agency until after 2016, unless I'm missing something.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Huh? He won't be eligible for free agency until after 2016, unless I'm missing something.

Yeah, this year he accrues less than 172 days.

Offline spidernat

Brian Mitchell is arguing about how most pitchers only throw fastball, curve, changeup and Stras' problem is too many pitchers.

Damn 106.7's strong signal and espn's weak one. Why do football people have to try to talk baseball? Buster Olney doesn't comment on skin's switch to a 3-4

He's a moron.

That's a bit of good news.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How did you end up in that family, adopted?  :lol:

Offline natsfan4evr

And he's not super-two eligible. Maybe it was a good decision to hold him back after all.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Spider and I have decided to grant Sportsfan a day free to post his thoughts. This is a historic, albeit, negative day in Nats history.

Have at it.