Author Topic: Strasburg TJ surgery & ongoing recovery news  (Read 20751 times)

Online aspenbubba

Re: Strasburg Hurt Again
« Reply #125: August 23, 2010, 04:30:12 PM »
Why not go to the best and get it over with? One way or another, at least you'd know.
I think he was saying that hopefully he won't have to see Andrews.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #126: August 23, 2010, 04:32:29 PM »
Why not go to the best and get it over with? One way or another, at least you'd know.

Reportedly the Phillies team doctor said Strasburg should pitch again in five days. I hope that the Nationals aren't delaying his building of arm strength by DLing him again. It would be just as bad as him getting seriously hurt if he hits this wall every year and is never allowed to break through it.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #128: August 23, 2010, 04:58:19 PM »
Looks like we'll replace one stud with another. JZ will take his spot on Thursday according to Kilgore.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #129: August 23, 2010, 04:58:50 PM »
Looks like we'll replace one stud with another. JZ will take his spot on Thursday according to Kilgore.

That's actually bad, as they are then on the same schedule.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #130: August 23, 2010, 05:01:34 PM »
Not that big of a deal.  If they're gonna shut down Stras for a couple weeks (or longer) then Stras will have had plenty or rest and could be inserted wherever he's needed in the rotation at that point.  Zmann was on the same schedule as Marquis before today.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #131: August 23, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »
For this season maybe...If Stephen is able to come back this season, they can change his schedule. He will be out 15 days at least, so he won't have to adhere to a set schedule.

JZ vs. Carpenter on Thursday. That will be a good match-up, just sucks that he'll be limited to 5 innings.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #132: August 23, 2010, 06:17:49 PM »
I think we should all go ahead and make peace with the news that is about to come... the sooner we get over it, the sooner we can look forward to the future.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #133: August 23, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »
I think we should all go ahead and make peace with the news that is about to come... the sooner we get over it, the sooner we can look forward to the future.

I'm just sick of the douchebag know-it-alls who are ecstatic that Strasburg is going to the DL again so they can claim how smart they are for predicting that a pitcher would go on the DL during his first major league season.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #134: August 23, 2010, 06:55:53 PM »
From what I've heard... this isn't a DL deal... this is cutting on your elbow type seriousness.

And if it is... so be it. Will give us a good chance to see who's a fan of the team and who's a fan of the 'superstars'.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #135: August 23, 2010, 06:56:46 PM »
From what I've heard... this isn't a DL deal... this is cutting on your elbow type seriousness.

And if it is... so be it. Will give us a good chance to see who's a fan of the team and who's a fan of the 'superstars'.

Well, depends on how bad the tendon tore, unless that's what you heard . . .

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #136: August 23, 2010, 06:56:50 PM »

Wait, what?  He needs surgery?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #137: August 23, 2010, 06:59:44 PM »
I'm just sick of the douchebag know-it-alls who are ecstatic that Strasburg is going to the DL again so they can claim how smart they are for predicting that a pitcher would go on the DL during his first major league season.

Exactly. They post their crackpot pitching mechinic theories, and now act like an injury proves them right.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #138: August 23, 2010, 06:59:54 PM »

If that really is true, all you can say is pitching is fragile, crap happens, Zimmermann is almost here, go nats

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #139: August 23, 2010, 07:03:48 PM »
Wait, what?  He needs surgery?

They said on MLB radio today... that the Nats did a 'dry' MRI... didn't like the results and are now going for a 'wet' MRI... also known as a MRA.

Basically, if they didn't like the results an MRI showed... they're going to hate what an MRA shows.

Then, they kind of went a bit too far off the deep end for my taste... but they started talking about Rizzo and how whenever he has a press conference or they have him on the radio, he's very in control and very direct... if you listen to the audio from today, he stutters a ton, something he never does... so they think that's another sign of bad news on the way.

Finally, if you listen to the audio... Rizzo says the magic words "he had pain in his elbow"... until now, no one has said anything about the elbow... it was always forearm pain... I'm assuming its a freudian slip by Rizzo... we'll see. It's right near the beginning of what Rizzo says. You can listen here on Ben's Twitter feed.

http://twaud.io/Bws

Offline saltydad

« Reply #140: August 23, 2010, 07:04:34 PM »
Strasburg, who pitched through similar symptoms in college, was evaluated in Philadelphia on Saturday night, and the Phillies' doctors told the Nationals that Strasburg was fine, and would be pitching in five days.- from Ben.

This tells me there IS something wrong, and the douchebag philthy docs want him to implode.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #141: August 23, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »
If that really is true, all you can say is pitching is fragile, crap happens, Zimmermann is almost here, go nats

Pretty much the mindset I've already adopted. Next man up, so to speak.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #142: August 23, 2010, 07:04:59 PM »
Honestly, I'd rather hear elbow than forearm, I can't remember hearing forearm without it being followed by major surgery

Offline Nathan

« Reply #143: August 23, 2010, 07:05:31 PM »
Damn work blockers, I can't listen to it.  I hope it's not that bad :nervous:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #144: August 23, 2010, 07:06:10 PM »
Honestly, I'd rather hear elbow than forearm, I can't remember hearing forearm without it being followed by major surgery

Rather be elbow than shoulder though... always look for the silver lining!

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #145: August 23, 2010, 07:07:37 PM »
I'm glad he's getting his DL stints out of the way so that when we're in the playoff race in 2012 he'll be ready to go.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #146: August 23, 2010, 07:20:45 PM »
He's paying his dues 8)

Offline saltydad

« Reply #147: August 23, 2010, 07:21:41 PM »
The MRI "showed some things on there that led us to set up another MRI," general manager Mike Rizzo said Monday. The GM said the upcoming test will be done in the "next day or two" and will use an injection of dye that should render "a full view of what's going on in there."- http://www.masnsports.com/index_nationals.php

Uh Oh.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #148: August 23, 2010, 07:25:35 PM »
Yeah. It's bad.

Now lets move on and keep building for the future. That's all you can really do in this situation .

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #149: August 23, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »
I think the best case we can hope for is for him to be ready by Opening Day 2011.