Author Topic: Rank the Nats top prospects  (Read 8671 times)

Offline Potomac Cannons

Re: Rank the Nats top prospects
« Reply #50: September 07, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »
You may be right, I've no idea about SLG or OPS to argue with you but still his numbers don't look bad to me. I think they are good enough to earn him a pass to Syracuse next year atleast.... I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I think him not dominating the minors is normal since he was drafted as a high schooler and trying to get the hang of things (i.e Desmond), I may be wrong but I think some prospects just start showing more power when they are close to the majors or in the majors. 23 years old at AA starts being so so but at AAA, 23 years old is perfectly fine and he doesn't turn 23 until 3 months after the start of season.Danny Espinosa and Zimmerman weren't expected to have that much power If we extend Dunn, his future might be elsewhere, we may trade him.

Zim was expected to grow into his power.  Espinosa is on a great hot streak to start off but his offense projects above Marrero and he's a MI.  A legit 1B prospect should absolutely decimate AA.  Eric Hosmer for the Royals is a 1B prospect.  He turns 21 in late October.  He popped more AA HRs than Marrero in 300+ fewer ABs and drew more BB than K.  Marrero will likely max out as a decent AAAA player unless he has a sudden jump next year.